Kit Harington

Doesn't look too spectacular, but I'm happy for him. He's mesmerizing on camera, still pictures (for the most part) don't do his beauty justice... though those Wonderland shots are exquisite.

A Fine Romance
Ph: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Menswear Editor: Michael Philouze
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Stephane Marais
Models: Lara Stone, Kit Harington
fashionscansremastered.net

additional

fashionscansremastered.net

Vanity Fair
ph: Annie Leibovitz
Actors: Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

.thefashionisto

New face of Jimmy Choo's Fall 2014 Ad campaign

Kit Harington for Jimmy Choo–Following in the celebrity footsteps of actress Nicole Kidman, Game of Thrones star Kit Harington has been tapped to front Jimmy Choo’s fall 2014 men’s advertising campaign. Jimmy Choo creative director Sandra Choi explained that “Kit perfectly embodies the Jimmy Choo Man. He has a natural and alluring masculinity and an effortless sense of style. His cool attitude and smoldering sensuality belie a true British gentleman.”
-thefashionisto

Dress like a tough bastard: Kit Harington for GQ USA (HQ)

Source: downmagaz.com

Last edited by a moderator:
from People.com

Kit Harington Wants More Naked Men on Game of Thrones (But Maybe Not Himself)
The gender disparity in cable nudity has become a social-media flashpoint, and few shows on television have received as much criticism on this issue as HBO's Game of Thrones, a fantasy series with enough female nudity to invite the term "King's Landing Strip," but nary any of the displays of swordsmanship its female fans might want to see.

With the controversy large enough to garner its own CollegeHumor parody, the male-nudity question has become the first topic of discussion any time a Game of Thrones actor is interviewed anywhere.

And now star Kit Harington is speaking out, saying it would be fair for the men on the show to disrobe as much as their lady counterparts.

In an interview with GQ, Harington discusses the nudity clause in his contract, which mandates that he bare his flesh every time the script requires it.

"It's only right, if you're going to make a show where nudity and sex is a large part of it," the Pompeii star told the magazine, "that you be a part of that."

Unfortunately, Harington wasn't able to show off his own body in that infamous cave scene with costar (and real-life ex) Rose Leslie: "When it came down to [film] it I had a broken ankle, so the only time you saw my a--, it wasn't my a--."

RELATED: House of Cards Meets Game of Thrones in This Ingenious Mashup

As for the obvious next question, Harington has stayed mum so far.

"I wouldn't say I'd be happy about [showing my penis]," he explained. "It would have to be ... well deserved."

For now, it looks like the show's fans will just have to content themselves with tumblr for their male cheesecake needs.

The GQ Cover Story: Kit Harington

Kit Harington is one of the few Game of Thrones stars who didn't die last season in a puddle of arterial spray, and the 27-year-old Brit takes his role as the noble know-nothing Jon Snow quite seriously

By Chris Heath
Photograph by Paola Kudacki

The world of Game of Thrones—absurd, fantastical but also disturbingly familiar—is one in which treachery, debauchery, and every kind of nastiness seem to thrive. "People are constantly shocked," Kit Harington notes, almost apologetically, "that the characters who are trying to do good get killed off." Somehow the responsibility of portraying an antidote to all this despair and degradation—in the guise of the innocent-eyed, endlessly baffled but somehow nobly heroic Jon Snow—has fallen on the shoulders of this 27-year-old Brit with barely any acting experience at all before now. It is a duty he takes seriously. "I think Jon Snow is one of the last bastions of a young hero who might do a good thing," he says. "There's a huge amount riding on him to be a leader, and I want him to become that leader. I guess for me, Jon Snow is a figure of hope within the whole thing—that he'll continue to be this good person, and somehow the story will end well for everybody."

Harington is still a little surprised by the trajectory that catapulted him here after one job on the London stage. He had been conditioned to expect less: "I didn't really think I'd be a leading man in any respect whatsoever. At drama school in my third year I was resigned to the fate of being Young Male r*pe Victim No. 2. That was the kind of category I was put in. I've got a very baby face underneath all of this fuzz."

In fact, it was that very baby face that helped him get this role. At the beginning of the George R.R. Martin fantasy-book cycle on which the show is based, Jon Snow and many of the related characters are aged around 14, and that's how the actors were asked to play it in the pilot. As a man in his early twenties who could pass as a teenager, Harington was perfect. But it didn't work: "They were, ‘It's way too clean-cut—we want you to grow your hair and grow your beard.' " He had never even tried to grow a beard before; he wasn't actually sure that he could. As it turned out, the result was a winning one, both in terms of fitting into the Game of Thrones universe and causing quite a stir in our own world. Now he's contracted to keep this look as long as he is on the show, which shoots through the second half of every year. Whatever other acting he does in the first half of the year, he has to arrive on the set in July looking like Jon Snow. "It does keep you restricted," he points out. "I can't go off and play a U.S. Marine."

An uncomfortable amount of the attention Harington has received has centered around the way he now looks, and his hair in particular. Early on in the show's success, Harington tried to deflect an interview question about what specifically he does to play his character ("I hate talking about that," he explains to me) by offering, as a dismissive quip, "I just don't wash my hair." For a while this became the most famous fact about him. Frustrating, but it is nonetheless, Harington acknowledges, "kind of true." For as long as they're shooting in one location—six weeks, maybe—Harington forsakes shampoo. "I like it to look greasy and medieval," he reasons, "so it gets very tangled." He'd rather not have "flowing locks," and he does his best. "By the end it's pretty horrible."

As we speak—perhaps a little self-conscious about this conversation—Harington gathers up his hair and ties it behind his head so that it pulls back tightly from his scalp. Instantly he becomes almost unrecognizable. He says that this is how he typically goes around. "It's not really a disguise thing," he maintains. "I just hate it in my face. It just starts pissing you off after a while."

Far greater kinds of transformation and self-exposure are, of course, expected these days of an ambitious young actor. Even if you missed the recent movie Pompeii, perhaps you saw Harington's preposterously, impossibly well-defined stomach muscles in the trailer—all, he says, completely real. "That was ****ing a lot of work," he says. "I'm five feet eight, and for that guy to be able to do what he does in the film, he's got to look superhuman." He describes a routine that involves incessant exercising, first while excessively bulking up, then while starving. "It's not something I feel like I should look like every day in my normal life, or anyone should look like in their normal lives—it's not a natural state for your body to be in. But for a film sometimes you've got to do those sorts of things. For people's imaginations."

To similarly slake people's imaginations, when young actors like Harington sign up for a show like Game of Thrones, one common stipulation in their contract is that they are obliged to disrobe as required. Harington sees this as, in principle, perfectly fair and proper. "It's only right, if you're going to make a show where nudity and sex is a large part of it, that you be a part of that."

So you're happy to brandish your manhood if so commanded?

He pauses. "I wouldn't say I'd be happy about it."

But you would do it?

Another, longer pause. He looks up at me as though I'm walking him into a trap. "I'm not saying. Because I don't know. It would have to be ****ing well deserved."

By happenstance he has so far evaded even the little that has been asked of him in this respect. In the show's last season, after Jon Snow has been lured into a cave by the wildling Ygritte and seduced, Harington is seen naked from behind jumping into a rock pool. Except, as it turns out, it wasn't him at all. "When it came down to it I had a broken ankle," he says, "so the only time you saw my ***, it wasn't my ***."

He broke the ankle six weeks before shooting began for season three. "Young male stupidity, really," he says. "I didn't see any point in lying about it to anyone afterward." After a night out in London, he returned home to discover that he had left his keys inside his apartment. He had climbed up to his second-floor window once before, and that gave him a false sense of drunken self-confidence. He doesn't remember exactly what happened next, only that his flatmate later found him in agony on the sidewalk and that the doctors afterward would be astonished that anyone who had broken his ankle in this way hadn't also broken his leg and his hip. He called his agents the next day to share the news—"I'm really sorry, I've done a really stupid thing"—and was nervous for a long time that he had messed up the Game of Thrones job completely. In the end, they shot around him and, to Harington's chagrin, a crew member with long black curly hair of his own that he was particularly fond of had to cut it to match Harington's and act as his stand-in.

Millions of words have been expended trying to pin down the appeal of a show like Game of Thrones. Perhaps more than necessary. "I don't think it's as complex as people make it," he says. "I think people like it because people actually respond to not being treated like idiots. It's a really complex story, and it's very hard to follow, and people love working that puzzle out. And I mean essentially why I think people like it is it's a rollicking good story with sex and violence."

Too much violence, it turns out, for some. The show lost one viewer—Harington's mother—in the sixth episode of season two during the scene where a mobs rip off a man's arm.

"It doesn't stop, either," says Harington, looking forward to the show's return this month. "It's getting worse."

That's your season-four preview?

He nods. "It's getting worse, yeah. There's some scenes this season, and there's parts of it that go even darker. The gruesome stuff—we've seen Saw, we know that, you can do that till kingdom come. People can deal with it. What I wonder is how people can deal with something going dark and dark and darker. Being unrelenting in how pessimistic things are. They really push it." Whatever hope Jon Snow might ultimately bring, it sounds as though it's still some ways off.
gq.com

the interview is a great read, he is funny and charming. I can't wait to see more work from him outside of Game of Thrones (as much as I love the show)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolling Stone

Talking to the magazine about his portrayal of Jon Snow on Game of Thrones, Harington shares their similarities, “Snow’s a black sheep. The thing that drives both of us is more similar than you might think—he’s driven by ambition. I’ve always been ambitious, too. I’m very ambitious but how do I balance that with not ****ing other people up around me?”

thefashionisto.com

the hair on the cover looks so strange..

Looking sexy here:

UK GQ January 2015 : Kit Harrington

gqmagazine.co.uk

And while I haven't really dug his career film choices, this one definitely excites me! :buzz:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Joins Jessica Chastain In Xavier Dolan Celebrity Satire

EXCLUSIVE: Quebecois wunderkind Xavier Dolan has cast Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington opposite Jessica Chastain in his Hollywood-set English language debut, The Death and Life of John F. Donovan, which writer-director Dolan is prepping for an international spring shoot. Harington will play the titular American movie star, whose correspondence with an 11-year-old actor living with his mother in England is exposed, prompting ill-founded assumptions that begin to destroy his life and career.

Chastain is attached to play the editrix of celebrity-dishing magazine The Gossip, who targets Donovan as his pen pal relationship is exposed in the public eye. The Oscar-nominated actress has been a vocal supporter of Dolan’s since seeing his Spirit Award-nominated Cannes psychodrama Mommy, which nabbed him a shared Jury Prize award with Jean-Luc Godard in May. (Mommy opens stateside on January 23 via Roadside Attractions and is Canada’s Best Foreign Oscar entry.) Dolan sent Chastain the John F. Donovan script after she Tweeted about Mommy and cast her as the “evil” villain of the satirical drama.

At the age of 25, Dolan’s already made five features in five years (I Killed My Mother, Heartbeats, Laurence Anyways, Tom At The Farm, Mommy). The multihyphenate says that while John F. Donovan isn’t intended as a direct jab at the Hollywood machine, his debut English feature explores the impact of the industry’s modern age, mass-media manipulation, and the hardships of fame on artists everywhere. Dolan will produce for Sons of Manual with Lyse Lafontaine of Lyla Films, with a shoot planned for New York, Montreal, Miami, and London.

“What I’m interested in is how your career choices can affect your private life, romantically, or with your mom, your relatives, your friends, your hometown, and how media manipulates information – not newspapers or blogs, but the magazines that people impulse-buy that tell you what’s hot, and who’s not,” he said. “I’m thinking of how this culture has transformed the movies that we make and stories we tell and how artists are free – or not – to be themselves.”

English thesp Harington starred on the London stage in the Olivier-winning West End production of War Horse before making his screen debut in 2012’s Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. In a few short years he’s racked up film credits in Pompeii, How To Train Your Dragon 2, the upcoming Testament of Youth opposite Hayley Atwell and Alicia Vikander, spy pic Spooks: The Greater Good, and Universal’s 2015 fantasy actioner Seventh Son. Harington will also reprise his role as Jon Snow on the fifth season of HBO’s Game of Thrones next spring. He’s repped by CAA, United Agents in the UK, and Parseghian Planco.

Chastain’s busy Oscar season has her currently in theaters in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and JC Chandor’s A Most Violent Year. The CAA client also stars in Miss Julie and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and has Ridley Scott’s The Martian and Guillermo Del Toro’s Crimson Peak upcoming.

Dolan is repped by CAA and LBI Entertainment. CAA is handling domestic rights.
deadline

Fantastic news :clap: :clap:
Xavier Dolan is clearly the most promising director of our generation. Mommy being one of the most unique and magnificent films ever done and all his films being real treasures i'm excited to see how he's gonna handle his big Hollywood debut. I also think it can be a defining moment in Kit's career considering it's his first interesting choice out of GOT. (Pompei was such a disaster...). Though as much as I like him, I'm still not completely convinced about his acting, so definitely looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->