Korean Entertainment & Entertainers

parkmin90

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I didn't realize we had a thread here for one of my favorite addictions: KOREAN DRAMAS! There is something like this on The Purse Forum and I felt that we could have so much more to talk about here!
I hope there are at least a few korean drama addicts here like me! :lol:
Post your favorite dramas, stars, korean drama fashion, questions, recommendations, etc.

oooh and btw. This doesn't have to be just for korean dramas! We can talk about other asian dramas as well! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: Oh girl. The only Korean drama I've ever seen was on an episode of MadTV where they parodied them.

When I was in Korea, my cousins and I watched one called something like Go To School or something that has to do with school. :wacko:

papa levante- OMG! I've seen the madtv parody before!!!!!! SOOOOO funny! HAHA. Bobby Lee was hilarious. I think I know what you're talking about. The Go to School one was about high school kids and their daily life, right? :smile: We gotta get you to start watching some really awesome korean dramas! ^o^

I don't have any channels for watching them, so I don't know if I'd be any fun discussing them with. :P My Korean isn't all that great for watching an entire show.

I used to watch one show that was really funny. It was a group of guys and they were sort of like the Jackass show where the guys would just do stupid stuff like balancing a kettle full of water through a rice patty and seeing who gets to the other end first. One time, they got perms! :rofl::rofl:

There are many ways to watch korean dramas and such online! :smile:
I think most of us in the states doesn't have a korean channel, but we fulfill our korean drama needs through the internet! :D and lots of us watch with english subtitles.

Let me know if you would like some sites that you can watch korean dramas! HAHA

That show sounds so funny! You know what? I actually have seen that episode before! I know what show you're talking about!! :D It's called "Family Outing" where the celebrities visit houses in the Korean countryside and they have to spend a night there.

You can watch Korean Dramas on youtube!

I was so bored this past December (I had a month off from college) and I watched these Kdrama:

Full House
Soulmate
Let's Go To School Sang-Doo
A Love To Kill
Stairway To Heaven
Boys Over Flowers
You're Beautiful
Style
Dream
Shining Inheritance
Hong Gil Dong

I also watched a few Japanese Dramas:
1 Liter of Tears
Hana Yori Dango

----

As you can see, I was rather bored. But the dramas really kept me busy. I literally watched like 8-10 episodes everyday of each drama, and mind you each episode of Korean and Japanese Dramas are like an hour long. Hahaha.

Leeroi- OH wow!! I love your choice of dramas! I've watched everything except for Soulmate and Dream. I've watched parts of A Love to Kill and Style. :smile: I loved Hana Yori Dango as well! Which one was your favorite?

Leeroi- OH wow!! I love your choice of dramas! I've watched everything except for Soulmate and Dream. I've watched parts of A Love to Kill and Style. :smile: I loved Hana Yori Dango as well! Which one was your favorite?

Soulmate had very good acting, but the ending kinda was random and empty. Dream was a bit of a joke and they pretty much just used Kim Bum's good looks throughout the whole drama; every other second was him smiling or laughing (even as a guy, I thought they were infectious, so I guess their strategy worked with women, haha).

Hana Yori Dango had better acting, but I think it was so melodramatic and not so very funny compared to Boys Over Flowers. I hate dramas that stay "dramatic" the whole time.

My favorite drama so far is Full House. I watched it a few years ago and rewatched it last month without skipping any scenes! I have a bad habit of skipping scenes that take forever to finish because they're pointless to the plot. You know what I mean; the filler scenes, scenes used just to make the episode last an hour. Haha.

Stairway To Heaven and You're Beautiful are probably my second choice of favorites.

-----

If you want to download dramas go to this site: http://aja-aja.com/regular/complete

Leeroi- I kind of expected that with Dream. I mean, I can't picture Kim Bum being a boxer! HAHA. That's the one where he is a boxer right?
I totally agree about dramas that are TOO dramatic all the time. I like light and funny ones and I noticed japanese dramas tend to be really light and funny! Boys Over Flowers definitely had that kind of feel! Same with You're Beautiful! :smile: I really enjoyed You're Beautiful. Too cute.
Full House is great! Same with Stairway to Heaven. I watched Stairway to Heaven with no stops. I think I watched the whole series maybe 2-3 times? Loved it! :D

If you like funny and not too "dramatic" dramas, I recommend My Girl! So funny and good.

Leeroi- I kind of expected that with Dream. I mean, I can't picture Kim Bum being a boxer! HAHA. That's the one where he is a boxer right?
I totally agree about dramas that are TOO dramatic all the time. I like light and funny ones and I noticed japanese dramas tend to be really light and funny! Boys Over Flowers definitely had that kind of feel! Same with You're Beautiful! :smile: I really enjoyed You're Beautiful. Too cute.
Full House is great! Same with Stairway to Heaven. I watched Stairway to Heaven with no stops. I think I watched the whole series maybe 2-3 times? Loved it! :D

If you like funny and not too "dramatic" dramas, I recommend My Girl! So funny and good.

Yeah, he was a boxer. It wasn't believable one bit because Kim Bum looks like a little boy. It would have been more believable if he actually gained weight instead of losing weight. But he knows how to cry really good, hahah. Kim Bum is actually my favorite actor right now, maybe next to Jang Geun Suk, but I wish they'd give him better roles since he's obviously a very talented actor. But I feel people are just giving him roles that only female viewers would like.

I'm trying to find My Girl, but with no luck, isn't it old?

I'm going to download Iris next! Haha.

Yeah, he was a boxer. It wasn't believable one bit because Kim Bum looks like a little boy. It would have been more believable if he actually gained weight instead of losing weight. But he knows how to cry really good, hahah. Kim Bum is actually my favorite actor right now, maybe next to Jang Geun Suk, but I wish they'd give him better roles since he's obviously a very talented actor. But I feel people are just giving him roles that only female viewers would like.

I'm trying to find My Girl, but with no luck, isn't it old?

I'm going to download Iris next! Haha.

I've seen Kim Bum in a few dramas and I'd say, he's getting better and better as he gets bigger roles. Maybe I'll take a peak at Dream just because I want to see him as a boxer. HAHA. Jang Geun Suk has been in quite a few stuff: Hwang Ji Ni, Hong Gil Dong, Beethoven Virus, etc. I'd say his biggest role yet was You're Beautiful! He was good at acting the mean guy. :lol:

My Girl is old, but not TOO old. They have the series on youtube actually!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ninjalight03#p/c/1FC4D90F88B75959
This channel has ALL the episodes and all subbed! I started watching it for the third time again with my sister and I still laugh. :lol:

GO FOR IRIS! B) It was definitely a hit! They're even making a season 2.

I've seen Kim Bum in a few dramas and I'd say, he's getting better and better as he gets bigger roles. Maybe I'll take a peak at Dream just because I want to see him as a boxer. HAHA. Jang Geun Suk has been in quite a few stuff: Hwang Ji Ni, Hong Gil Dong, Beethoven Virus, etc. I'd say his biggest role yet was You're Beautiful! He was good at acting the mean guy. :lol:

My Girl is old, but not TOO old. They have the series on youtube actually!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ninjalight03#p/c/1FC4D90F88B75959
This channel has ALL the episodes and all subbed! I started watching it for the third time again with my sister and I still laugh. :lol:

GO FOR IRIS! B) It was definitely a hit! They're even making a season 2.

It might be a waste of time watching Dream. It barely got any viewers, even if Kim Bum was in it, that's how bad it was. It was bad because the story line was bad and it seemed like it would end in every other episode but something random would pop up for no reason. It was soooo dragging.

Jang Geun Suk is very young no? And yet he seems like a veteran already. You're Beautiful was really good. I liked it better than Boys Over Flowers. I liked B.O.F, but they relied too much on the boys' looks, and since I'm a guy I was kinda put off by it and had to skip a few scenes. Lee Min Ho is a great actor and wished they'd given him more dramatic scenes instead of making him look good in every other scene he was it. Is his curly hair natural? I saw him in Star King and he had curly hair like in B.O.F, haha. The girl was annoying, she was waaayyyy too dramatic, her friend was really gorgeous though, wished they'd use her as the main character instead.

I heard Iris was really really good. I don't live in Korea so I kinda have to wait for people to upload them to watch it. But wasn't it the number one rated drama this past season? Have you watched it yet?

Leeroi- I'm so happy this thread is coming to life! Thanks for contributing.

Well then.. I guess I should put off watching Dream. I like Kim Bum, but I don't really "love" him. HAHA.
I liked You're Beautiful more than BOF as well! I'm glad I found someone else who agrees with me. Lots of people I know are BOF die hard fans and I thought it was okay. Personally, I enjoyed Hana Yori Dango much more. All my fellow koreans are going to kill me now. HAHA. Just kidding. Lee Min Ho doesn't have that hair anymore. He had to perm it like crazy to get the Goo Junpyo hair!

Iris is VERY fun! I think you'll enjoy it. The storyline is complex and the acting is SUPERB! Are you a Kim Taehee fan? She is voted as the no. 1 most beautiful korean actress in Korea right now. HAHA. It's such a unique drama. I don't even feel like it was a korean drama.

Leeroi- I'm so happy this thread is coming to life! Thanks for contributing.

Well then.. I guess I should put off watching Dream. I like Kim Bum, but I don't really "love" him. HAHA.
I liked You're Beautiful more than BOF as well! I'm glad I found someone else who agrees with me. Lots of people I know are BOF die hard fans and I thought it was okay. Personally, I enjoyed Hana Yori Dango much more. All my fellow koreans are going to kill me now. HAHA. Just kidding. Lee Min Ho doesn't have that hair anymore. He had to perm it like crazy to get the Goo Junpyo hair!

Iris is VERY fun! I think you'll enjoy it. The storyline is complex and the acting is SUPERB! Are you a Kim Taehee fan? She is voted as the no. 1 most beautiful korean actress in Korea right now. HAHA. It's such a unique drama. I don't even feel like it was a korean drama.

I think most girls like BOF more because of the good looking people. I personally don't care if the actors or actresses are good looking or not because even the most beautiful people can't save a bad story line and acting. Haha. And BOF was soooo long for no reason. And that Paradise song kept playing and it got annoying. Haha. But personally, I enjoyed BOF more than Hana Yori Dango; because HYD was a bit depressing beginning to end, except the female lead was a better actress than her counter part in BOF.

Kim Tae Hee? Wasn't she in Stairway To Heaven, she was such a b*tch in it, but she played it well. Haha. I'm download Iris right now, so I'll probably start watching it when I finish download 5 episodes.

I'm overly obsessed with Korean culture right now, actually planning on moving to Korea after graduating college. Seriously, I bought a 500gb external hard-drive and now 400gb of it is Korean movies, dramas, and music. Haha.

Oh, Shining Inheritance was also good. Except it was also too long. 28 episodes!

Leeroi- OMG! You're planning on moving to korea?? Lucky you! I want to go visit soon, but I'm too busy with college myself. :smile: So you're into korean music as well? Yayyy!

I LOVED shining inheritance! I actually didn't mind the length because it was so fun. I couldn't stop watching until the end and I still wanted more. :D The storyline was fun!

That Paradise song in BOF was soooo random! HAHA. I actually had it as my ringtone once and it got really old very fast. :lol:
HYD did have some depressing component to it. I totally forgot.

Kim Tae Hee was the evil girl in Stairway to Heaven! She was SOOOO evil! HAHA. But she's portrayed many different characters and usually does pretty well. In Iris, she's completely different.

I think you're going to love Iris! ^o^

Leeroi- OMG! You're planning on moving to korea?? Lucky you! I want to go visit soon, but I'm too busy with college myself. :smile: So you're into korean music as well? Yayyy!

I LOVED shining inheritance! I actually didn't mind the length because it was so fun. I couldn't stop watching until the end and I still wanted more. :D The storyline was fun!

That Paradise song in BOF was soooo random! HAHA. I actually had it as my ringtone once and it got really old very fast. :lol:
HYD did have some depressing component to it. I totally forgot.

Kim Tae Hee was the evil girl in Stairway to Heaven! She was SOOOO evil! HAHA. But she's portrayed many different characters and usually does pretty well. In Iris, she's completely different.

I think you're going to love Iris! ^o^

Yup, I heard from a Korean friend that the standard of living in Seoul is high, but still way cheaper than Tokyo or Paris, so I'm definitely moving there. And it's a very English friendly area so I shouldn't have a problem getting around even though I don't really speak Korean. I noticed the relatively low cost also through Kdramas, haha.

Do you download your dramas or you just watch them online?

Yup, I heard from a Korean friend that the standard of living in Seoul is high, but still way cheaper than Tokyo or Paris, so I'm definitely moving there. And it's a very English friendly area so I shouldn't have a problem getting around even though I don't really speak Korean. I noticed the relatively low cost also through Kdramas, haha.

Do you download your dramas or you just watch them online?

Koreans love English. HAHA. They try really hard to speak it well.
You're going to love Korea! It's a wonderful place.

I usually watch dramas online and sometimes through a Korean website with raw dramas (without eng subs) since I'm fluent in Korean. If I really love a drama, I download dramas to watch whenever. I did that with My Girl. :lol:

Have you started Iris yet? ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->