Korean Entertainment & Entertainers

Well, we were anticipating more problems for SM, but they have dug themselves in a hole that it's quite deep.

http : //www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/yg-entertainment-surpasses-sm-entertainment-in-market-value

To be honest, Im glad.
The statement they released for Luhan's lawsuit it's so conceited. :rolleyes:

Also it's really bothering to read K-netizens racist coments, they seem to have a real inferiority complex with Japan and China.

Apparently, YG has surpassed SM in stock value. The recent scandals have done some serious damage for SM's stock.

I think this might be a good learning lesson for the industry to treat their idols, and, hopefully, trainees with a bit more respect and compassion.
Speaking of, has anyone seen the extended cut of the Nine Muses documentary? I think it was heartbreaking but still very interesting to watch...

These came out a while ago but just discovered both groups.

EXID gained popularity recently with their song Up & Down thanks to a fancam (one of my favorite aspects of K-pop I must say).
:lol:

^ Better watch this fancam than the awful MV!

Red Velvet will probably gain a legion of new fans with their comeback. I didn't pay attention to them before but I love Automatic and the video is beautiful.

Speaking of stock dropping... since the Suzy dating news came out, JYP stock dropped 3.5%. Not exactly sure if that's a lot, also there's rumors that the news came out until now to cover up a goverment embezzling 280 billion won. I personally think the agencies (JYP in this case) work out a deal, they know they're going to get caught dating, might as well make bank with it, it so happens Miss A comeback is right around the corner. :rolleyes:

Also: Bigbang (not confirmed yet), Exo, Miss A, EXID, Crayon Pop, are all having comebacks in april, why SE has to schedule a comeback for 9 Muses in april then? :blink:

Add SNSD to the list, their comeback is scheduled for April 10th (both in Korea and in Japan).

Love Song by Miss A is a bop, I like it better than the lead single.

Add SNSD to the list, their comeback is scheduled for April 10th (both in Korea and in Japan).

Love Song by Miss A is a bop, I like it better than the lead single.

You mean "Catch me if you can"? It's going to be released in both Korea and Japan, but no promos in Korea, I think. :blink:

The other song I liked from Miss A mini album is Melt (녹아)

And I recomend the whole mini album of Rainbow, DSP doesn't give them a proper chance to promote, even SE gave Nine Muses a month...two weeks, really? :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
You were right about Catch Me If You Can. Just as well, the choreography was good but the song was forgettable.
Do you guys think C.L. can make it in the U.S.? I find it amusing how K-pop agencies continue eyeing the american market.

You were right about Catch Me If You Can. Just as well, the choreography was good but the song was forgettable.
Do you guys think C.L. can make it in the U.S.? I find it amusing how K-pop agencies continue eyeing the american market.

2NE1 is my favorite kpop group, but I don't think she'll make it, the west has a certain approach to Asian Artists (PSY was a fluke and everybody knows it), where I don't think they're taken seriously. Although she has been surrounding herself with the "right" people I guess.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the whole M.A.D.E series?

Personally, I loved "If you". :blush:

I don't know if they're korean but anyone recognizes them? the brunette looks familiar (from dramas) but the eyewear is making it difficult...

ws37g1.jpg

my pic

Sorry, I have no idea who they are.

2NE1 is my favorite kpop group, but I don't think she'll make it, the west has a certain approach to Asian Artists (PSY was a fluke and everybody knows it), where I don't think they're taken seriously. Although she has been surrounding herself with the "right" people I guess.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the whole M.A.D.E series?
Personally, I loved "If you". :blush:
"If You" is my favorite too! M.A.D.E. is good and the marketing strategy they adopted is clever. I haven't really watch the videos because I find the band's image too try-hard and it makes me cringe a bit (I'm looking at you G-Dragon).

This thread may be dead but f(x) is still alive!

The album is great even though I can't get into the title track. So far I have a soft spot for "X" and "When I'm Alone".

I have to admit, it's been quite the ride over the last decade, seeing Korean entertainment go from this niche interest that only a handful of internet diehards really knew of, to a staple "alternative" entertainment, almost the way French movies once used to be. And kpop going from this thing you'd find kids or a few forum-heads into in 2012, to being the source of the stars who draw the biggest crowds at fashion week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->