L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani Handbags

Intriguing. They look very Gucci. I'll be interested to see where this goes / larger pictures of the bags. Gwen has really gone far with L.A.M.B. its the best of the celeb lines which isn't' really saying much but its the only celeb line that has actual clothing a human being over 12 might wear. I'm quite curious about all this, thanks for the article!

what can i say, i like LAMB bags. cant wait to see the new collection.. i'm kicking myself for not buying more of the lesportsac LAMB collection while it was in stores.

Luxx said:
They look very Gucci.

I agree. It doesn't seem very original in my opinion. Although I have to admit, it does look pretty. But overall, I'm not a fan of celebrity lines, who is anyway?

Gwen's Big L.A.M.B
Stefani and Schifter's luxe new bags

Eschewing a star-studded party that would undoubtedly have been hounded by paparazzi clamoring for post-baby photos, Gwen Stefani opted for a calmer, more intimate affair Thursday, when she and Tim Schifter launched their higher-priced L.A.M.B handbag collection. An exclusive group of retailers and editors were on hand for the hour-long event, held at the four-month old Schifter + Partners Showroom in the Flatiron District. Even Kingston, Stefani’s three-month-old son with husband Gavin Rossdale, was present, cradled in a stroller adorned with camouflage-print canvas. The cozy space, lined with wall-to-wall shelves displaying the 33 different styles of handbags, was anchored by four large white fiberglass tables, inspired by the trunks bands use when on tour, according to Schifter. The bags, which retail for $395 to $700, will make their debut on December 1. The Daily chatted with Stefani and Schifter on the collection and their upcoming Fashion Week plans.
Gwen, who is this new L.A.M.B girl?
Gwen: The L.A.M.B girl is me, and it’s always going to be me. It’s funny because when I look back at what we did before, those bags were so me at the time, but with limitation, because it was a collaboration and there was only so much room to flex. By the end of it all, we were really outside the box, and now, years later, I’ve grown up and want the quality to be on par with the things I wear right now.”
Tim, take me through the idea behind these bags. You wanted bags that were familiar in shape…
Tim: The idea of the collection first of all was to create something timeless, something classic and with an irreverent twist. That’s why going into the design process, we came up with a concept that we really tried to stick with as we came up with the collection group: style after style, leather after leather. The bags themselves are closer to the European luxury feeling than the American contemporary handbag category. I think they’re highly differentiated but priced in the contemporary. Gwen’s unique personal take on fashion incorporated her signature elements like Rasta colors and the old English lettering. For spring, we’re incorporating velvet into the collection. For this first launch, there are two collections—the Signature collection and the leather collection which is called Love. The reaction has been phenomenal. We were going to launch it for Spring 2007 delivery but the retailers wanted it for holiday.”
You’ve doubled the doors that the bags will be launched in. What are they?
Tim: We’re launching nationally with Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Henri Bendel’s, Holt-Renfrew in Canada, eluxury.com, and in a select group of specialty stores like Intermix.

Tell me about your synergy with each other.
Gwen: Tim came to me and asked if I wanted to design, and that was a stroke to my ego. I’d never collaborated with anyone outside of music, and I’ve learned so much from him because he’s so passionate and gets things perfectly. I blend really well with that, with people who love what they do. It was hard in the sense that we had this open forum and we could do what we wanted, and with the quality, the sky’s the limit. He was really helpful in helping me edit and get it through the inspiration and narrow down the different themes. He’s good at that part and I’m good at saying, ‘I want this and I want that.’ Tim reeled it all in and here we are. It’s so beautiful to see the final product.

Tim: We’ve worked together on and off for a long time and have a friendship. We understand how to work together. It’s almost intuitive. She knows what I want to do, I know what she wants to do. We started designing the first L.A.M.B handbag collection in April, and here we are in August, and we have the full collection. That’s quite a fast process. We knew what we wanted to do and a lot of thought went into it. It’s a collaboration that works on the creative side enormously well and she’s also a business partner, so that adds another dimension to her involvement and interest in the brand.
Last season Gwen staged a pretty flashy fashion show for the debut of your fashion line last September. This season, you’re toning things down a bit. Why?
Tim: Between her new baby and working on her new solo album and working on the handbag collection, there’s only so much she one person can do. Gwen is doing a presentation at Industria Super Studio and it’ll be very interesting a unique approach. And, of course, the handbags will be included.
What are your goals for this young brand?
Tim: Based upon the initial retail reaction and launching it in over 225 doors, and how right I think this collection is especially for a new collection, I think it has enormous opportunity. I’ve felt confident about it from the beginning. Until you show it to the press and retailers and get their read you just don’t know. Now there are orders and the enthusiasm validates it, and based on that, the opportunity is greater than I thought it would be.
Gwen: It’s still so young despite having come so far. I never would have dreamed it would come this far. I’d be up here with the bags around me looking as good as they do. The idea is just to keep going and going. I just want to keep going and get more sophisticated and be really broad, but at the same time funky. I’m thinking about launching a line of sunglasses next.

What about eventually opening your own retail doors?

Tim: It hasn’t been formerly discussed because this has all happened so fast and furiously. Right now we are focused on making the product better and better. But I never say never; reaching a consumer directly is always intriguing.

images from fashion week daily.

Attachments

• lamblove.jpg
    lamblove.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 428
  • lambsig.jpg
    lambsig.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 428
they do remind me a bit of gucci.....thats amazing how many outlets she has now to sell the bags....eluxury huh? i bet they'll do well.....i just wish they'd release more pics of they have THAT many styles!

i love the white one. i didn't really like those ones she did for lesport, they just looked too cheap for me and now there are knock-offs everywhere. but these are gorgeous. time for me to save up!

here's a new pic from nodoubtweb.com of one of the new big bags. i dont like it, but i cant help but be excited when i see pics of new bags!

Attachments

• gwennewbag.jpg
    gwennewbag.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 35
thanks for the pic! so it is leather but it is dyed in like a rasta ombre?

hmmn, well the love collection is leather and the signature collection is canvas...

i think this large bag is part of the signature collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a clearer picture of the bag...nodoubtweb.com again

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 29
nodoubtweb.com will have pics of some of the bags from the 'lookbook' (i guess you'd call it?) and a price/style list..

i'm leaning towards the ombre rasta stuff, only because it seems most original....and i'm obsessed with speedy style bags, and i think there's two that are of that same shape (alston, and mandeville, alston being the bigger of the two...)
the one gwen is carrying (or her assistant, rather) looks to be called the 'devon' priced @ $650

i thought i was gonna be in the clear...but i guess not... i'm probably gonna buy one..

I'm thinking of carrying them in my store. I've got the lookbook and can give you guys some previews when I get some time to scan.. there are a lot of styles. the main colors are brown, black, white and ombre rasta. They all look pretty similar aside from the shapes. Personally, I love the ombre rasta the best. the black wallets are nice, too.

libby bee that would be great! i think they will sell well. looking forward to the pics :flower:

i look forward to the pics as well!

well, i have found a few pics from the lookbook, i don't know if it's the whole thing, but it's informative about the two collections :smile:

the love collection:

the signature collection:

credit to: julio/juliothedork @ the official unofficial no doubt fan forum / soundquake on livejournal

i am absolutely pining over the alston in ombre from the sig collection..
from what i heard/had seen earlier, i thought they were gonna be kinda stodgy and not as interesting, but i guess for where gwen is and where l.a.m.b is, they seem to fit, and i think they will sell well..

even though they're a long ways away from the lesportsac collab!!

i heard some of the bags are supposed to be available next month..but i wouldn't count on that too much....
the company putting 'em out (Schifter) is having problems getting the Harajuku Lovers bags shipped on time..retailers are saying the warehouse is really unorganized...
but hopefully they'll have their stuff together soon...it only took L.A.M.B, as a clothing brand, 5 seasons to get their shipment times in order, LOL.

thanks for the pics! im loving the speedy reminiscent shape of the signature collection too. karma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->