Dior quality/craftsmanship?

miss.tania

Reaction score
I have an irrepressible urge to get this Dior bag but I can't seem to justify my purchase.

I've never owned a Dior bag before. From your past experiences, how is the quality and craftsmanship of the bags? In other words, is it realistic to expect the bag to remain intact even after using it religiously for, say, 10 years? :innocent:

Thanks in advance :wink:
p10746391_ph_hero.jpg
http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10746391/p10746391_ph_hero.jpg

I'm a total Dior wh*re but I really don't like that particular cloth material. It feels rough and the ones I've seen in store have started to ball up which I would imagine happens if used a long time. Have you considered the leather charms bag? I dont know if it comes in the tote style though.

In general I've never had quality problems with any of my diors though :D

I agree, that canvas material is very hard or impossible to clean!! I have a dior bag I never use anymore but I got a tiny black mark on it and I cannot clean it off! It just smudged and looks grey now. :doh:

I think it will last 10 yrs but with good care of course ^_^

I have a pink canvas dior bag and the straps have gotten a little dirty after only a year of wear... i don't know how i'm going to clean it cause i don't want to damage the material ugh

vintage_princess : Yeah, I figured that canvas would be pretty hard to clean. That's why I'm happy that the bag comes in black - any dirt/stains would be less obvious lol

Noriko : What exactly do you mean by "ball up"? And no, I've never seen the leather charms bag. The selection online is so limited - eluxury is the only website I know of that features Dior bags, and the ones on the actual Dior site are also limited to the latest collection.

In any case, thanks to everyone who responded! :smile:

^maybe "pill" up like cashmere sweaters where the fibers roll up into little balls? and i thought neiman/saks/both? had a dior bag site too...try it to see!

pigleto972001 said:
^maybe "pill" up like cashmere sweaters where the fibers roll up into little balls? and i thought neiman/saks/both? had a dior bag site too...try it to see!

That's what I thought it meant, but I never knew that was even a possibility :doh: You ladies are really killing my lemming now lol.

BTW, just wanted to add that I just checked out Saks + Neiman online, and for some reason they have EVERYTHING BUT Dior handbags online...or maybe I'm just an idiot and don't know how to use the search function properly. But in any case - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

miss.tania said:
Noriko : What exactly do you mean by "ball up"? And no, I've never seen the leather charms bag. The selection online is so limited - eluxury is the only website I know of that features Dior bags, and the ones on the actual Dior site are also limited to the latest collection.

In any case, thanks to everyone who responded! :smile:

Its basically what pigleto972001 said, I think lol. You should just go check them out. They don't have dior on NM.com or Saks.com.

There is a leather charms bag that looks like that one, might be a bit smaller and I don't know if it came in the tote size. The leather charms bag is a good size though :D If possible, as about it @ your local Dior. The Dior here still has it out but I wouldnt be surprised if other Diors have already put it in the back, its been out for a while.

1.jpg

Looks like that, comes in other colors too:heart: Good luck girl! And nice seeing you on LJ!

vintage_princess said:
I agree, that canvas material is very hard or impossible to clean!! I have a dior bag I never use anymore but I got a tiny black mark on it and I cannot clean it off! It just smudged and looks grey now. :doh:

I think it will last 10 yrs but with good care of course ^_^

The lady at my local Dior boutique suggests that I spray all my Dior canvas bags with Scotch Guard before I use them. It's worked pretty well for me.

I have owned some DIor bags in the past and they are well made, but if you plan on keeping it for 10+ yrs. I suggest you get a leather one, it may be more expensive but over 10 yrs. it will be well worth it.

I think they are good quality and should last you ten years as long as your gentle with it.

I have a couple of dior purses of my mother from the 80's, with the canvas logo exterior and leather interior and they're in remarkable shape. The canvas has yellowed on the heavily used one, so I wish I had heard the scotch guard remark when I first started using them! However, the interior leather is in almost flawless condition, and I am pretty rough on my bags. I also have a couple gucci bags of my mother's which she purchased around the same time period, and the leather interior is shredded--it's almost completely flaked off. A shame, because the exterior is pristine:cry:

My diors have held up nicely, although I can't say for sure about the canvas bags because I decided against getting one (although I was literally drooling over the girly boston bag a few years ago ^_^) I've seen vintage dior canvas bags on ebay, though, and they seem to have held up pretty nicely.

Ive just bought a dior saddlebag and its made of that pale canvas material with the dark dior logos. What do you suggest to keep it looking tip top?

3 y/o dark blue boston bag, still in great condition, except for leather wearing away on the bottom "linings" of the bag (normal wear and tear)... does not show dirt/stains that easily... my boyfriend spilled a bit of balsamic vinegar and the bottom portion of the bag was stained, but it's pretty much camouflaged

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->