Lanvin Parts Ways with Olivier Lapidus

Throw all of the money at Pilati (actually don't think he'd ever come back to the circus).

I WISH
but he seems to be living his best life a the moment, and still working his unisex brand? so i don't really think this is going to happen.

Lanvin appoints ex-Sandro manager as CEO
Weixin Zha

Tuesday, 28 August 2018
After four years at Sandro, Jean-Philippe Hecquet joins French fashion house Lanvin as chief executive officer.

In his time as CEO of Sandro, Hecquet managed to establish the brand with 600 stores in 43 countries worldwide, according to a statement by Lanvin on Tuesday. Prior to that, he spent 14 years with French luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE.

In February, Chinese group Fosun took over the majority in troubled French traditional house Lanvin from the Taiwanese businesswoman Shaw-Lan Wang. As part of the restructuring under Fosun, both CEO Nicolas Druz and creative director Olivier Lapidus left the oldest existing French couture house in France, founded in 1889 by Jeanne Lanvin.

CEO appointment a milestone for Lanvin
"We think it is a milestone and exciting event for Lanvin, it also marks the start of a new chapter," said Joan Cheng, president of Fosun's fashion division and of Lanvin's board of directors in the statement. She’s convinced that Hecquet's more than 20 years of international experience in the fashion and luxury industries will strengthen the fashion house.

After the replacement of the chief executive, appointing of a new creative director remains one of the priorities, Lanvin said in the statement.

Fosun's fashion arm has been on a shopping spree in Europe recently. The group acquired Austrian hosiery manufacturer Wolford and the Italian menswear label Caruso. The international fashion portfolio also includes shares in brands such as Tom Tailor and St. John Knits.
Source: Lanvin appoints ex-Sandro manager as CEO

At this point I just want Lanvin back in the game, no matter what.

It’s crazy how fast fashion moves and quickly this brand deteriorated.

It’s crazy how fast fashion moves and quickly this brand deteriorated.

Seriously. I passed by a department store section of Lanvin bags three times before realizing it's Lanvin in Copenhagen last week, they looked so sad and the branding was non existent. Furla looks more luxurious in its presentation at this point.

This weekend I wore a Lanvin (by Alber) dress to dinner, and couldn't move without tripping over people complimenting me on it. I bet that wouldn't happen if I wore anything else they've put out since he 'left.' Thank you, Alber ...

They need Peter Copping. Beautiful, elegant and luxurious clothes. I never understood what went wrong with him at Oscar de la Renta. His work there was staid, but so was the label.

^^
To Lanvin? None I believe.
I don’t even think they can afford him anymore.
Before, he had some stakes on the brand so...

Oh, I was going to suggest Guillaume Henry for Lanvin but just read that he's going to Patou. Well, maybe Theyskens then?

Stefano Pilati and his esthetics during his tenure with YSL suits Lanvin very well.

Stefano Pilati would be great but he has his personal issues and who knows if they would be willing to take that risk. He might be seen as a liability.

Theyskens is certainly talented enough for the position. Would be great if he could start with a pre-fal collection via presentation or look book, do some made to measure or custom pieces for celebrities and then show a full collection.
They need an exceptional accessories designer to compete in today’s market as well

I'd like to echo the sentiment that Theyskens would be perfect for this brand, especially judging by his recent tenure. His namesake brand has all the makings of a modern yet romantic clothes for women but the collections so far have been suffering from an apparent lack of budget. Maybe with a bigger budget by a renowned house, he could be able to flesh out that identity better.

I would have said Peter Copping, Rodolfo Pagliangula or Paolo Melin Andersson or to be crazy, Felipe Oliveira Baptista.

Only a fool would take this job ... and that's been true for awhile.

Remember it's not longer only Madame Wang who calls the shots. I believe the new owner and CEO will make a calculated decision in the hire. Would prefer someone in the vein of Jarrar - understated but capable and modern in direction. They need to first get Alber fan club back on board before chasing after millennial dollars and Chinese Yuan. It was the Alber supporters which kept the brand thriving for years without the need to target China like Lanvin's competitors. And millennials don't know the meaning of loyalty in commerce, I say this while looking at my own shopping habits. If Coach or Gucci would change direction tomorrow you'll see their multi-million empire come tumbling down like a pack of cards.

The problem doesn't lie with the creativity at Lanvin, but with management. You don't fire someone after two collections, no matter how savage the press may be. In the era of conscious shopping, which extends way beyond just 'to fur or not to fur', consumers pay close attention to such things.

^ I would say their problem is far more firing someone after 14 years than 2 seasons :wink: I wonder if it's not time to close the doors on fashion's oldest house ...

They would need a fabulous designer to erase all the sh*t that happened in the past and that is not going to happen in this fashion climate atm I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cutebells
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->