Lanvin Resort 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
“I’m not an editor, I’m just a designer,” Alber Elbaz said with a shrug, as a way to explain his anything-goes resort collection for Lanvin. Day, evening, long, short, colorful, neutral, downtown, uptown — or even midtown: “You name it, we’ve got it,” he said. Indeed, Elbaz produced a lineup rich in options, yet all with the soigné allure and rigorous cutting that have defined his era at the French house, marking its 125th anniversary this year.

There was a faint Seventies, glam-rock vibe to his languid tuxedos, maxidresses with plunging V-necklines and slim scarves caught at the throat with a fabric flower. Dry, crepelike fabrics were worked throughout, from pert tunic-and-pants combos to paneled shift dresses. For cocktail and evening, Elbaz riffed on frothy lace and demure tea dresses.

Israeli artist Michal Rovner, paying the designer an impromptu visit in Paris, marveled at the scale and variety of his creative output — and Elbaz couldn’t resist throwing out a food metaphor: “It’s like a big buffet on a cruise ship.”

WWD

ALBER!! :wub: Hands down, my favorite Resort collection thus far. So many fantastic short dresses, and I'm starry eyed over that green gown.

Lanvin is dead to me. This looks more like Urban Outfitters than the Lanvin we know Alber can do.

I'm not getting the Urban Outfitters connection at all...

I adore the second and fifth dresses in post #3.

Feels more like a second line collection, japan-only licensed line lanvin en bleu actually looks better...

Typical Lanvin but it's still very good, I could say I like most every pieces. It's so effortlessly chic and elegant.

What I love about Alber is that his designs are very effortless on its own and it's not on the minimal-bandwagon but his approach to clothing has always been fun and fabulous and I think some pieces are very modern yet very feminine and not boring.

one of the best resort collections! gorgeous :D i love the way it is shot too

The setting doesn't do this fantatsic collection justice. I love the different silhouettes, the fact that Alber has completely integrated pants into his vocabulary yet he still designs dresses like no one. Besides the allure is much more relax than what we usually see at Lanvin, it's refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->