Lanvin Resort 2009

I definitely agree with you about the styling. It's too much. That said, I still love all of the satin pieces, especially the long skirts. The background is overkill though.

some are a tad too much and a little over the top but other pieces are amazing. the polka dots are too cute, the white pant suit is very cool and the outfit on anna sjoberg is to die for!

I think Elbaz has a very subtle sense of humor and whimsy that gets lost in the regular presentations. It's pretty evident in the window displays and those face print t-shirts they've done recently though...

I think this is really great, it's quite kitschy and cheeky, but it's still obviously Elbaz. The shapes and colours, the '30s/'50s/'80s mix, the slouchy louche vibe. The accessories and presentation are what's adding that tacky vacay feel, but I think it's successful. It's adds another level and a hint of fun that's sometimes buried in the runway show.

And he is really staying true to what he does. It's the same woman and the same idea, just seen through a different lens.

I wonder if those denim pieces are the result of the ACNE collaboration?

ETA: Those denim pieces ARE the result of the ACNE collaboration....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if those denim pieces are the result of the ACNE collaboration?

yes...they are...

from style.com...

NEW YORK, June 16, 2008 – For his joyful Resort collection for Lanvin, Alber Elbaz was thinking not only of the "idea of vacation" but also of the "perfect American [look] of the fifties—but made in the wrong way." That translated into off-kilter, asymmetrically draped pieces that seemed just right for the season: bias-cut skirts, slouchy pajama suits, scarf dresses, and unstructured cocktail numbers worn with scads of necklaces and embellished with a scattering of beads or sequin polka dots. Elbaz also unveiled his collaborative effort with Acne Jeans: Everything from shoes and bags to a leg-of-mutton-sleeved dress came in darkest denim, giving chic new life to the beloved workaday fabric.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson

Very nice, I love Lanvin. Always happy to see his collection.

I have to say, I'm not all that fond of this. A lot of the pieces early in the lineup are cute, but at one point clicking through the slideshow on style, I couldn't help but think that this looked like Malibu Barbie if she went to Monte Carlo.

It's just not up to his usual standards, and I think the styling plays a big part in why I don't like it.

Couple of dresses are nice, but I don't like it overall. Also, the background is too distracting for me, and the whole presentation is just too colorful...

Well, I like this collection, except for 2 looks: a red silky skirt suit and a denim trench.

I love the long skirts, the drapés, the colours, even what some of you find "too much" feels just right with the mood and the theme.

It's so chic and beautiful! :heart:

Wish I could have some pieces of it!

This kind of aesthetic clearly isn't what Albert does best.

Some of it I love & some of it I could do without. Regardless, I do appreciate that this is less precious than his previous collections (quite refreshing from him)

I love the background, hehe. some of the dresses are lovely, though it's too "much" like somebody said...

am i the only one who really dislikes this?...i truly find it kind of horrible...
it's like this bad mix of miami / rockabilly / 80s / vintage... the explosion of intense colour, all the complicated and fussy jewelry, the oversized blazers, the denim on denim, all the satin.... my goodness... it's a complete mess to me...:doh: :ninja:

maybe if you pulled it all apart you'd find a few lovely pieces... and i'm sure this wacky styling was intentional... but i don't see how this fits with what lanvin has been all about the past few seasons. and i certainly dont see how it's 'pretty' or 'graceful' or any of the other adjectives that are being used. :shock: if i saw this and didn't know it was lanvin i would think it was really amateur... :ermm: i just hate it...i'm sorry :lol:....maybe i don't "understand" it.....but i still think it's so tacky looking :innocent:

The Bottega styling was atrocious too ... are all the real stylists away at a huge convention or something :lol: I find the background really distracting ... I can see there are some pieces that are reminiscent of what he's done in the past, which is fairly typical of his pre-collections.

To me, it looks too much like a bunch of girls who got into their mother's closet and decided to play dress up. Although, I suppose that could be more of a styling issue.

I'm in love with this collection and can't get enough of it :heart: Something about the styling, color, and the pieces themselves just resonate with me.

i love it. its a nice break from the powerful woman he normally does. that being said is the lanvin customer really gonna wanna wear all this? it doesnt really offer the chicer than chic vibe that the collection normally does. oh well. its resort!

I also love it;I really like the fact that Alber is at the point, where he doesn't really care what the press thinks. He's just a nice guy who understands the importance of fantasy and a functional wardrobe.

Seldom is there a Lanvin piece that looks too precious to wear, it actually begs to be worn. Hence the function of Lanvin clothes.

Secondly, the little inspiration here rings true. When you're on vacation, you may not exactly care how put together you look. But you are happier and want to wear lighter things, easier things... And even those who do not delve into colour inevitably might.

So, I think that he just looks around and designs based on what he sees. Which is great.
:flower:

I have to say the styling is throwing me off but perhaps this is Alber's chance to provide a Lanvin look that is catered and aimed at younger people. It's got an off kilter Marc Jacobs hap hazard feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->