Lanvin Resort 2009

La bordélique

earthbound
Reaction score
wwd.com

Fantasy Island
Published: Monday, June 16, 2008

Lanvin's Alber Elbaz glanced back to a Thirties glamour girl while injecting whimsy with fun embroideries and glitzy costume baubles. "It's about the original idea of cruise, a fantasy vacation," Elbaz said. One example: the playful cotton T-shirt and silk skirt combo shown here.

Chez Lanvin, it's Hawaii meets the Hamptons. Well, sort of. Alber Elbaz described his cruise collection as a Frenchified take on American sportswear, with plenty of that South Fork easy allure. "But twisted Hamptons," he noted while tucking into a bowl of sorbet to the helium strains of Dolly Parton at his Paris studio on Saturday. Shapes are light and languid, not to mention a bit Thirties with an emphasis on a new elongated silhouette for the house. Case in point: his polkadot silk gazar column gown worthy of a latter-day siren à la Jean Harlow. Add to that the designer's cheekily embroidered T-shirt matched with a formal floor-length silk skirt and his "jogging suit for the woman who doesn't jog" cut in sexy black silk and you get the rest of the season's message: carefree glamour.

But, oh, the accessories: it's "Aloha, Alber" with exotic and flamboyant — or, in his words, "screaming" — embellishments spicing up the collection. Especially notable are his versions of a luxury lei: glitzy garlands made from iridescent flowers strung on fake pearl necklaces.

PHOTOS BY DOMINIQUE MAITRE

001on3.jpg
002bm5.jpg

003lj1.jpg
004qo3.jpg

005su6.jpg

Interesting. The necklace is great and the fourth dress is my favorite till now.

i get the theme and the pieces are pretty nice.

I LOVE that beige and black polka dot dress, though the shape of it has a slightly Vivienne Westwood feel. Still, it's extremely fun and pretty chic too.

Other than that it looks pretty mundane thus far, and the jewelry looks kind of cheap which, coming from Lanvin who makes amazing costume jewelry, is a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only resort collection so far that hasn't disappointed me :heart:

As usual I love it all! Has anyone seen any other pictures?

I like all the looks here. "very sunny" and elegant elongated silhouette, those polka-dots remind me of the post-war period, seems like Lanvin is really joyful in this so called Fantasy Island. Elbaz is doing a very good work, this is one of the few resort collections that has impressed me so far.

I like it. not as boring as all the other resort collections :woot:

i LOVE how the very un-lanvin presentation contrasts with the very-very-elbaz signature!

LANVIN TOUTE L'ANNÉE! mais oui, évidemment!

Cheerful, fresh and natural cuteness. I can't say more because right now i'm being blown away with all those colour explosions.

*loving that naive-glamorous-party-girl who doesn't care about makeup because she feels safe with her Lanvin and that kinky and visually powerful necklace

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->