Lanvin S/S 2021 Shanghai

The first few looks made me lose all hope immediately. I almost gagged at those silhouettes!

But it surprisingly picked up after those initial first pieces. Some of the coats are very luxurious especially the long ivory leather coat!

Nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

quite a change
all the womens stuff looks vintage
the menswear is very weak. it's either non-descript or ridiculous

i really don't see this going anywhere and this sudden change in creative vision is not a good sign

I think it’s very chic, very gorgeous.

I love the fact that both collections, Men‘a and Women’s blend so well and that he went so archival! I’m ‘always’ complaining when it seems that new hired designers overlook the archives but clearly Bruno did his homework.

there’s clearly a cohesion throughout the show and the venue only helps to make it more beautiful.

You really hate it that much? While I think it looks very « products styled together and held by a theme », I don’t find it bad....
Maybe because I see good products above all...

That´s the reason why I hate this: you can see products, not fashion in this collection.
You can tell the execs are behind the 180º turn in the creative direction of this guy (not that he had a vision to begin with, because it was just a copy from Anderson/Chloé/Marni bohemian style). But for me this proves that this guy has no creative integrity at all...

This collection isn’t really my cup of tea. And I agree that you see the merchandising department more than the fashion. It’s a lot of fireworks to mask something very mediocre

I feel like this is a good collection? The menswear is completely non descript, but there is some great outerwear, and I like the opening looks. But yeah, surviving on "nice" isn't enough.

Honestly, I like it. I will enjoy every collection from him over what we had to witness with Lapidus. Because Lapidus was not so long ago at the helm of Lanvin and he wanted Lanvin to be a "french Michael Kors" :cry:.

From Bruno, it is costume-y a bit but you can at least feel luxury from his products, you can see an attempt of getting Lanvin back to its former glory (which will never happen but still). Alber is Alber, we will not have someone else like him and I try to move on because I tend to miss too much some former designers at some brands (cough Dior, cough Chanel, cough Givenchy, cough Chloé...)

The first four looks are fun...the 1910's silhouette is very pretty and looks good 90 years later.

The rest of the collection is beyond forgettable. This guy is such a strange designer. He has no soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->