Large Totes

CelineChic

Reaction score
I've been looking for a large tote for weeks now with no luck.

I go to the stores and ask the sales ladies for totes and they try to sell me a handbag that could barely fit a wallet! :blink:

Any of you have suggestions as to designers that have nice LARGE totes that can be used for work.

Kate Spade seems to be the only one who makes decent size totes except they're so UGLY :yuk:

This burberry one would be a good size. That is what I would call a large tote.

D0444353616769_5a7d0.jpg

I wish I could help, but I really don't know.
I love large totes as well, perhaps you could make one yourself??

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 20 2004, 02:16 AM
Lambertson Truex makes a lot of large totes.
[snapback]339279[/snapback]​

Unfortunately they're not sold in Montreal. The only place Lambertson Truex is sold is in Toronto and they only have 3 or 4 small bags.

Maybe I can have my friend in New York mail one to me. I'll search the site some more.

Originally posted by Bright Tahquil@Aug 20 2004, 02:20 AM
I wish I could help, but I really don't know.
I love large totes as well, perhaps you could make one yourself??
[snapback]339283[/snapback]​

I'm not very crafty. I wouldn't even know the first step into making a tote. I can't even sew a button.

Try going to a local craftstore. They should have some big canvas totes that you could decorate with an iron on transfer. Or leave blank. Also, Barnes and Nobles has them and with book covers on the side.

I saw this bag, unfortunately I don't know who the designer is. I love it so much though!!!! :doh: :heart: It's bright, its huge, and its pink!

Originally posted by Bright Tahquil+Aug 20 2004, 04:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bright Tahquil @ Aug 20 2004, 04:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I saw this bag, unfortunately I don't know who the designer is. I love it so much though!!!! :doh: :heart: It's bright, its huge, and its pink!
[snapback]339379[/snapback]​
[/b]

That would be awesome to have. I wonder where she got it?

<!--QuoteBegin-TheSweetest
@Aug 20 2004, 09:05 AM
check out Furla and Lambertson Treux. They have such great bags. Saks Online sells lots of nice sized bags. Also try Neiman Marcus and Ashford. I have seen soooo many. Don't stress b/c they ARE on the internet. I'll probably be back with more sites.
[snapback]339592[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks, I forgot about Furla. They have some great totes.

i have a HUGE one from marc jacobs...and another from strenesse that i use for work...

a lot of people here have a gucci or fendi nylon tote for work...
even LV does them...and you can get a knock off on canal...

I'm actually going to leave for Holts in 5 minutes to see how big these Furla totes are. I just hope they have more colors because I'm not crazy about these colors.

istanb.naturF5678.2130_9412_2.jpg

tropez_blu2148.3707_9412_2.jpg

B1H1_F743.6813_2611_2.jpg

Marc Jacobs used to do fabulous huge bags, but he hasn't in the last few seasons (after Emma whatever her name is left). Now the biggest you are going to get is a classic Stella, which even I am starting to grow tired of. While Lambertson Truex does nice bags, they are very boring, and a little stodgy. Fendi and Prada basic nylon or canvas bags are always a good option also, but I don't know how you feel about logos. I know Celine used to do a larger more vertical version of the Boogie, but I dont know if they still do. Gucci does big shopper totes, but I do not particularly like them. LV does some, but if I am remembering correctly you do not like LV. Jil Sander does some fabulous ones as well every now and again.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Aug 20 2004, 03:01 PM
Marc Jacobs used to do fabulous huge bags, but he hasn't in the last few seasons (after Emma whatever her name is left). Now the biggest you are going to get is a classic Stella, which even I am starting to grow tired of. While Lambertson Truex does nice bags, they are very boring, and a little stodgy. Fendi and Prada basic nylon or canvas bags are always a good option also, but I don't know how you feel about logos. I know Celine used to do a larger more vertical version of the Boogie, but I dont know if they still do. Gucci does big shopper totes, but I do not particularly like them. LV does some, but if I am remembering correctly you do not like LV. Jil Sander does some fabulous ones as well every now and again.
[snapback]340079[/snapback]​

I dont like purses with logos splayed all over them. I'll leave those for the people who want others to think they're rich :lol: People cant possibly like those for the design because I dont see them walking around with bags covered in Hs or Ys :rolleyes: I like sticking to simple patterns and solid colour quality leather.

Stella bags are pretty small. I saw them today at the store and I dont think they'll fit much.

I'll keep looking.

Nice website you have here.

I just bought one that I LOVE and I was actually shopping for some matching accessories when I found your site. he inside is nice too. tan with a thin red stripe. So it's not a black hole when trying to find things.

It's great for a casual jeans outfit.

qih50256.jpg

SOURCE I got mine at Nordstrom

Totes are very simple to make.. if you wanted to give it a try I could help you through it.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 20 2004, 10:47 AM
i have a HUGE one from marc jacobs...and another from strenesse that i use for work...

a lot of people here have a gucci or fendi nylon tote for work...
even LV does them...and you can get a knock off on canal...
[snapback]339675[/snapback]​

I dont buy the real ones, why the heck would I buy a knock off? :P

I cant stand bags that are completely coverved in logos. I find it looks so bad. :yuk:

Originally posted by luna@Aug 20 2004, 06:34 PM
Totes are very simple to make.. if you wanted to give it a try I could help you through it.
[snapback]340291[/snapback]​

Would I have to sew? If so...I'll pass. :ermm:

Marni made some cute ones this season. But if you are looking for a more... classic look (the marni's are prints) Ralph Lauren makes some nice totes.

celine, not sure if it's your style but right now i'm planning on getting a vanessa bruno tote. they are very roomy and uber cute but if you work in an office they might not be appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->