Large Totes

Originally posted by Bright Tahquil@Aug 20 2004, 04:27 AM
I saw this bag, unfortunately I don't know who the designer is. I love it so much though!!!! :doh: :heart: It's bright, its huge, and its pink!
[snapback]339379[/snapback]​

its BCBG :flower:

That bag was BCBG. It was so cute!

Here's a Lamberston Truex for $895 (also comes in white)
E0424996793039_786a6.jpg

This one is really, really, ridiculously expensive (in derek zoolander voice) :lol:

Nancy Gonzalez
E0424954309529_7c219.jpg

If you want this bag in particular, I think you can order it from the BCBG site. They come in plenty of colors.

Canvas - $224 and $298
clovercanvas_224.png
stripecanvas_298.png

Leather - $444
begonialeather_444.png
cloverleather_444.png
blackleather.png

Leather - $564
creamleather_564.png
persimmonleather_564.png

if you're looking for a truly HUGE bag then get the large version of the bcbg bag.. . it seriously is a HUUUUUGE bag...

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 21 2004, 12:26 AM
I dont buy the real ones, why the heck would I buy a knock off? :P

I cant stand bags that are completely coverved in logos. I find it looks so bad. :yuk:
[snapback]340528[/snapback]​

i agree but a lot of people who have 9-5 jobs like them...even magazine editors...they are everywhere...i suggested some others as well since i don't know your preferences...

i also have a marni as oceanharlot suggested...there are a bunch on ebay similar to the one i have......very chic... :P :wink:

Well the Wall Street Journal did a HUGE article on the designer tote bag and how it is outselling handbags. I will have to find the article (WSJ only by subscitption). I love and carry my red Goyard tote bag everywhere :flower:

You have some great suggestions from this board but for a less expensive option, there's the company that is known for tote bags, the venerable LL Bean. The WSJ said that their cognac color leather tote is the company's best selling product and it's only $99. I like their Town leather totes. Check out their site below

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...Id=-1&feat=dp27

Originally posted by sandra@Aug 26 2004, 10:05 AM
Well the Wall Street Journal did a HUGE article on the designer tote bag and how it is outselling handbags. I will have to find the article (WSJ only by subscitption). I love and carry my red Goyard tote bag everywhere :flower:

You have some great suggestions from this board but for a less expensive option, there's the company that is known for tote bags, the venerable LL Bean. The WSJ said that their cognac color leather tote is the company's best selling product and it's only $99. I like their Town leather totes. Check out their site below

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...Id=-1&feat=dp27
[snapback]345961[/snapback]​

i LOVE that classic leather tote...thanks so much for bringing that up...
runner-love henry cuir...but the prices... :wacko:

yes indeed
there are many labels I like but the prices.

Originally posted by runner@Aug 26 2004, 10:35 AM
yes indeed
there are many labels I like but the prices.
[snapback]345991[/snapback]​

i only have one thing by cuir...a pair of suede moroccan style slippers....so soft and so comfortable... :heart:

when is a large tote too large for the wearer? can a petite women carry off a large tote and not look like she is lugging around a piece of luggage? I think that if it is a simple plain one it might be OK but not sure if the proportions will look silly. so how big is too big for a large bag and small person?

of course I'm asking because I just got a Margiela black tote that is 15 x 18 inches and I'm only 5'2" but I may not be able to part with it because its such an awesome bag but its going to be an everyday handbag for me and only a quarter filled with my stuff...:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm 5'4", 40 kg and i carry large tote like balenciaga weekender, chanel original coco cabas for daily...
i think petite women can carry huge tote best.

but u have to consider the proportion of the big bag so it won't overwhelmed ur body
for instance, i have boyish body, that is no boobs and no ***, so i don't go with too wide bags because they will make me thinner from the side, i prefer the one that goes longer because i have shorter torso and longer leg, a tall bag looks better on me IMO.

and i also avoid sturdy structure large tote because it'll bulk on my skinny arm, i prefer the slouchy one so although it's big, it fits well on my body.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much seahorseinstripe. you have no idea how helpful your post is. the wide and length dimensions to body type makes a lot of sense to me. I agree that structured isnt the way to go with a large tote, slouchy is more causal and and therefore looks less contrived.

maybe I should post a picture of the bag on my shoulder to get opinions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->