Laser Hair Removal

ok so.. its been maybe a week or two after my first armpit session w/ lightsheer. My hair r falling off.. and i can say that it is amazing. My armpits i uusually have to shave every 2 days.. now i can keep it unshaved for a week. Planning on getting lightsheer done on my legs.. wondering if its ok to wait 4 months btw sessions.

Chihiro - where are you getting it done? Skn offer interest-free credit for laser hair removal, so you can buy one of their 6/8 session deals which are cheaper than paying for individual sessions and pay it off monthly. That's what I did, it's just easier than paying all of it upfront.

It was my last session yesterday and the laser was up much higher than before and it was quite painful. I have a review their in six weeks to see the final results, as it were. And after that I think I'm going to move on to getting my legs done.

Getting it done at Skn. I did consider the interest-free credit but wasn't sure if they did a credit check or not and didn't want to take that chance as I don't have a very good credit rating.

I had my first treatment and thanks to the Emla cream it wasn't very bad. I also took 2 Panadol about 45 mins before. Can't wait til the next treatment... 6 weeks is sooo long to have to wait in-between. :blink:

im paying 89 bucks for 6 sessions for bikini w/ lightsheer... woot woot!!

im paying 89 bucks for 6 sessions for bikini w/ lightsheer... woot woot!!

Did you get it from one of those deal sites? I did! I paid $99 for 6 sessions with IPL. This month will be my 5th session for underarms.

Did you get it from one of those deal sites? I did! I paid $99 for 6 sessions with IPL. This month will be my 5th session for underarms.

yes.. i got all my laser packages from deal sites. Almost always.. they'll have deals for small areas such as underarms.. upper lip etc. for around 90-100 bucks. Mostly its w/ IPL or LHE lasers..which are crap.. i did LHE sessions on my navel.. n its crap! Luckily i found a deal w/ lightsheer... n so far so good w/ lightsheer!

i bought one package of 4 for 99 bucks and another package 80 bucks for 6 lightsheer sessions.

I want to have it done, but I am blonde, and I keep hearing that the blonde factor means I would need extra treatments.
Electrolysis takes forever though.

Because I'm of Portuguese descent, I have really dark, coarse hair and my skin is pretty fair, so I've been told I'm the ideal candidate for laser hair removal. I just completed six laser sessions on my underarms, lower abdomen, and part of the bikini area, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It hurt like hell, especially the bikini area, but I eventually got used to it (though parts of the bikini area, I never got used to....I still shudder to think about it), and now I'm so happy I did it. I'm actually really curious as to how people can do a Brazilian laser removal....that means you had to shave everything down there.....how did you physically do it?! I would think the contortions necessary to get the job done would prove impossible!

Anyone had this done on the face? I mean, is it permanant? otherwise it'll just be like i'm waxing or shaving the hair and I don't want to mess around with any kind of facial hair removal if I'll end up with a five o'clock shadow/hairy face/bad skin for life

Ouch JFCoelho!

I'm having my chest hair removed... pulsed light something (?) method.
I've done only two sessions and I'm hairless now! It didn't hurt a thing! I'll do a third session and then only once a year. I pay 30€ per session. It's a steal!

Anyone had this done on the face? I mean, is it permanant? otherwise it'll just be like i'm waxing or shaving the hair and I don't want to mess around with any kind of facial hair removal if I'll end up with a five o'clock shadow/hairy face/bad skin for life

I've had a lot done; see here:

I've had laser in my arms, armpits, my bikini area, legs and face(off all, the bikini hurt the most). Lightsheer for all of them.

It's been fantastic, and the face is what I had done first a few years ago. I get a touch up yearly (I just schedule it and let them look all of me over and zap away) and only have a few stragglers throughout the year that I just tweeze out.

No spot that I've had removal has ever been hairier, more shadowy or made my skin worse. The only treatment issues I had was whenever I was early on for that area I would get red for a few days, and each successive treatment to that area would be less red and go away quicker than previous treatments.

I had my third treatment today. It was more painful than the first session but much less painful than the second. I used EMLA again (couldn't manage without it) and took 3 Panadols 45 minutes before.

My second treatment was awful. My skin swelled up horribly and I ended up with scabs everywhere which took about 2 weeks to go. The pain was almost unbearable, I had to sort of meditate just to get through it. I have no idea why the second session was soooo much worse than the first and the third. I have had a different woman do it each time, the one today told me that the settings on the laser intensify each session as the hair gets finer. But if that's the case how come today wasn't worse than the last one???

I'm actually really curious as to how people can do a Brazilian laser removal....that means you had to shave everything down there.....how did you physically do it?! I would think the contortions necessary to get the job done would prove impossible!

I've just had my third session of a full Hollywood... slightly worse than a Brazilian. :D

I definitely want to do my upper and lower legs once I'm not a starving student . . . I don't mind shaving my underarms because it's so quick, and I'm not overly hirsute anywhere else, but I HATE shaving my legs. I'm tall and long-legged so it takes forever, my skin freaks out unless I prep meticulously and shave slowly, and I'm a runner so I wear shorts daily and feel icky having stubble. I can't wait to not have to deal with it anymore!!

since I've been doing more and more research I've read that laser on the face is only effective on beard like/very coarse hair. It seems that electrolysis is recommended by people over laser for the face. I'm so conflicted. Does anyone have electrolysis done in the London (UK) - any recommendations??

Last edited by a moderator:
im doing lightsheer laser right now on my upper lip. So far so good. Its not that coarse or thick either thats y im quite impressed w/ results so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->