Laser Hair Removal

I've had 6 sessions of laser on my lower legs and 2 on my bikini line (brazilian) so far. I think its fantastic and would recommend it to anyone who finds shaving/waxing a hassle.

The lower legs were pain free but my first bikini treatment hurt alot-like made me feel faint. But the second time was alot better, the woman treating me said it was going to hurt because the laser goes over a gland. But the results definitely outweigh the pain!!

My legs still have some hair that grows back but its really patchy and so much lighter than how it used to be. This doesn't bother me at all, because initially I was so conscious of having dark hairs and pale skin that shaving was almost pointless, because it would grow back in the same day. (Vicious cycle!) So now they're lighter I almost don't care.

Anyone who is considering it, I'd say go for it. Yes it does seem expensive but the results are so worth it. (Im a struggling student who's spread my treatments out over this last year, and no regrets).

:S.. 6 treatments and still hair?? baaaaaaaaaaaaa.. that sux.

I was planning on getting whole body treatment for 4-5 grand. (thats the price one place quoted). I think it only includes 5 treatments tho.

I need to start going back. I haven't been for about 4 months now. I got myself into a bad (but money-saving routine) of waxing areas again.

I think of all the places I've had laser - underarms, upper lip, chin, stomach (I'm not actually an ape, I swear!) - my underarms have been the most successful. I still shave them, mainly out of habit, and just incase, but there's only been a couple of hairs actually grown back since the last treatment. I'd assume that thicker hair, such as bikini line, would have just as good results. But I'm way too chicken to try it... getting my underarms done is painful enough :lol: It's the only time I've actually ever felt real pain with laser - I orignally thought the face would be the worst, but it did't hurt one bit!

It basically goes...

thicker hair = more pain = more success

:P

yah, completely agree. I had it done on my stomach and thighs and my main problem wasn't the thickness, but the quantity of hair. I had a lot, like 2 or 3 in one pore. and they were really fine, not thick. the doctor told me I'd be hair-free by the end of the treatment (5 sessions) and well.. I'm not, I can see only a minimal improvement. and my skin is really fair-toned.
So, I think laser is for thick hair removal, only.

I've had laser hair removal done on my arms, underarms, full legs and Brazilian and I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I have EVER made. It was expensive but my skin could not handle shaving and waxing was annoying because there'd always be a two week time period where I couldn't wear dresses or skirts.

There's still a few random hairs here and there but it really doesn't bother me. The legs didn't hurt at all. The Brazilian area hurt like h****. The underarms were bearable and the arms only hurt the first time because it was my first laser treatment ever and I wasn't sure what to expect.

I had my first session this morning! I'm getting a Brazilian and peri-navel (yes I have hair there) done first and I'll see how it goes.

For me it really didn't hurt that much. A bit of stinging/prickling but far, far less painful than waxing. The lady doing it did say she thought I had a high pain tolerance though, so maybe that helps! But it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I live in toronto... does anybody know a good place to get laser hair removal done? Would really appreciate it.

ok.. im planning to get laser hair removal at yonge + eglinton laser clinic.. has anybody ever been there??!!

I've had three sessions on my entire leg, and underarms! My last session was a few days ago so i'm still waiting for the hairs to fall out. But the first two even made a difference.. instead of shaving everyday I only need to once every few days. and for legs I don't think it really hurts at all. Only on the bony parts like your ankles or knees. Underarms are totally painless...

Getting my bikini line starting next week yay :smile: is it painful does anyone know?

One thing I recommend is make sure its not IPL laser hair removal because apparently its not that good for removing hair, and its more for skin texture... lots of places use this. so make sure to check!

Ooh and also have a few panadols before you go in!! numbs the skin, thats what my lady told me.

Can you guys tell me which lasers they used for your laser hair removal??!!! Im shopping around right now for laser hair removal places. I need to know more about which machines are better

Can you guys tell me which lasers they used for your laser hair removal??!!! Im shopping around right now for laser hair removal places. I need to know more about which machines are better

I've had laser in my arms, armpits, my bikini area, legs and face(off all, the bikini hurt the most). Lightsheer for all of them. I can say that I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, but I can't say that any of the areas I've had done have been remotely painful. I had more pain later when I had to shave the areas than the procedure. Cosmetically, it made me red for about 4 days, but it looked no worse than if I'd shaved with a dull razor.

IPL is really too weak to be used for hair removal (as said by allthatglitters).

DOes anybody know what Light Heat Energy laser hair removal is? LHE?? I'm not sure if thats another version of IPL.

baaaa.. i want lightsheer but its soo $$.

Just had my first laser hair removal done yesterday on my armpits with lightsheer. She took only 5 mins per armpit. Just wondering how long were your sessions for underarm? Got mines done at yonge and eglinton laser clinic in toronto. The woman was really rude cuz i bought my sessions at a cheap price with groupon. 99 bucks for 4 treatments. Little does she know... im shopping for full legs and bikini.

^ it doesn't take very long. I'm having my bikini line done in a brazilian and it takes around 10mins I guess. I wouldn't go anywhere with rude staff though! You could ask to have someone else next time maybe?

It's my last session next week and I'm really pleased with the results, no more shaving! I'm planning on getting full legs done too, I think the expense will be worth it in the long run.

Just had my first laser hair removal done yesterday on my armpits with lightsheer. She took only 5 mins per armpit. Just wondering how long were your sessions for underarm? Got mines done at yonge and eglinton laser clinic in toronto. The woman was really rude cuz i bought my sessions at a cheap price with groupon. 99 bucks for 4 treatments. Little does she know... im shopping for full legs and bikini.

I spent more money than that (but groupon didn't exist back then and I live in West Michigan [limited options]). My pit treatments didn't take long. It takes me longer to get botox in my pits than it does for laser there.

I had a consultation and test patch last week on my bikini line. It hurt like hell, going in for my first session on friday and I'm sooooo buying some Emla cream because there's no way I can stand that pain on my bikini area. I'm having a full hollywood & underarms done. I couldn't afford to pay all at once so I'm paying £220 per session for 8 sessions, which works out costing twice as much than if you pay upfront!

Chihiro - where are you getting it done? Skn offer interest-free credit for laser hair removal, so you can buy one of their 6/8 session deals which are cheaper than paying for individual sessions and pay it off monthly. That's what I did, it's just easier than paying all of it upfront.

It was my last session yesterday and the laser was up much higher than before and it was quite painful. I have a review their in six weeks to see the final results, as it were. And after that I think I'm going to move on to getting my legs done.

this may be a silly question.. what's a full hollywood? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->