Laser Hair Removal

^^i would definitely go with electrolysis for the face...
especially since the laser doesn't seem to have worked..

at least with electrolysis the individual hairs are targeted..
it can be painful..
especially the upper lip, but i've been SOOO happy with it... it's one of the best decisions i ever made and my skin is MUCH clearer because there are less hairs for oils to cling to and make me break out...

it will be a commitment.. you have to go more times than with laser, but i've found it works really well

My older brother paid for 6 sessions 4000$ (canadian dollars) he did his upper body. And he's telling me that it works. I was thinking to go down to Beverly Hills and check out some doctors talk to them, see what kind of equipment they use and familiarize myself more with this idea.

-joey

some form of 'permenant' hair removal was something that I'd been considering for a while, I'm still a student though so it was something I was looking to try out on maybe a small area first due to cost, then if it worked I would have considered getting treatments for legs etc once I was in work and able to afford it. I however came across something when I was in boots a couple of months ago, an at home IPL system called the Boots Smooth Skin that I've since bought and started to use, I bought it on promotion for £249, general RRP is £299 though I'm unsure if it's returned to this price yet, which is still quite an investment but considering how much salon treatments would cost it's pretty much a bargain. It's had a lot of good feedback in reviews, I'm yet to read more than a couple negative ones, and I'm onto my 3rd treatment and I'm definitely starting to see hairless patches in the areas I'm treating, and it's starting to grow slower...it's meant to take between 6 and 12 treatments per area, so I'm still to see the full results, just need to keep going with it. I also seem to hate booking appointments for things...so being able to do this when it suits me is great. There's a facebook group on this that seems to have a lot of positive feedback....

I'll definitely report back if the results are as good as everyone elses seem to be...!

^^ Bump! My friend had her 1st laser treatment on her face recently and was telling me after the treatment all the visible hair on face beforehand had dissapeared :shock: She was saying how impressed she was with the nurse treating her + how fast it was, so im def going have my legs done ^_^ i know body hair is different to facial hair & everyone is different but going by my experience i dont see why i shouldn't take the plunge.

^^ where r u getting it done? Im planning on getting full body hair removal. At bellaire laser clinic in toronto, they said its going to cost around 4-5 grand for 5 sessions...which i think is a pretty good deal

i've finally booked my appointment....going tonight for bikini and underarms.. a little nervous about the pain + process but i've heard so many good reviews that it's time to bite the bullet ! :muscles: i'm going to the same place where friends of mine have had great results so i feel pretty relaxed about being in good hands.. will report back soon !

i'm sad - went for a consultation yesterday to find out about getting some laser hair removal, but apparently my hair is too pale :( booo.

Sorry to hear that Grace^

so, I did it! and wow, I'm so glad i did.... i did underarms + bikini and the little strip from bikini up to my belly button. underarms i could barely feel.. they were so quick and virtually painless.. the girl was talking a bit and by the time i processed what she said it seemed to be over. :lol: Bikini was a bit more painful... the sides were okay but the 'underneath' part, sort of going back toward your bum (sorry if too much info but i figure we're all okay with it here..) was definitely more painful - i was flinching a bit with each pulse of the laser and kind of laughing at myself...just trying to breathe through it.. the skin is so much more sensitive there.. but really, it is over so quickly that the pain isn't too bad - if it lasted more than 5 mins i might have had more of an issue but you reassure yourself that it's almost over and it really is..

Anyway, she said within the next 2 weeks the hair will fall out and i will probably be hair free for about 5 weeks by which time it will be time for the next treatment. :woot: she was so professional, the place was spotless, all the staff were really efficient and the process was really, really fast.. now hopefully my hair isn't too stubborn and the treatments are effective..:heart:

^ the place I was looking at says they can do brazillian (or even hollywood).

I'm really considering getting this done, it's so expensive for all of the sessions but I think it's probably worth it, if the results are good I think it will make such a huge difference to how I feel about my body and long-term it's going to be cheaper than waxing. I'm going to be saving for a while though :rolleyes:

I don't suppose anyone has a recommendation for a place to get it done in London? I was looking at SK:N

^ the place I was looking at says they can do brazillian (or even hollywood).

I'm really considering getting this done, it's so expensive for all of the sessions but I think it's probably worth it, if the results are good I think it will make such a huge difference to how I feel about my body and long-term it's going to be cheaper than waxing. I'm going to be saving for a while though :rolleyes:

I don't suppose anyone has a recommendation for a place to get it done in London? I was looking at SK:N

i went for my consultation at SK:N. Apart from the fact that i was sad about the outcome, the staff were really helpful and the place was pretty and neat. The prices seem quite reasonable compared to a lot of places.

Yes they can remove all the hair on the bikini if you want...just takes longer and will be more expensive.. and painful, i'm assuming, because it's so sensitive down there..^_^

Hautechild what i'm doing is just choosing areas one by one.. so i'm doing underarms + bikini first (they had a special package for doing these two together... it actually isn't that expensive at all..) and then will probably move to legs.. top half first, i think, and then bottom half. That way you split your costs up and can see if it's effective for you too. also, just think, you have 5 weeks in between each treatment to save..:lol:

over time its probably cheaper than shaving if you do the match.

razor cartridges cost an absurd amount of money IMO. :rolleyes:

adorefaith, did you find that you were bracing yourself during the lasering? were your eyes watering?

Hautechild what i'm doing is just choosing areas one by one.. so i'm doing underarms + bikini first (they had a special package for doing these two together... it actually isn't that expensive at all..) and then will probably move to legs.. top half first, i think, and then bottom half. That way you split your costs up and can see if it's effective for you too. also, just think, you have 5 weeks in between each treatment to save..:lol:

Yes I was thinking about this yesterday, and while I would love to get it all done in one go it's probably easier (especially on my bank balance!) to get one area done at a time. And I was looking at the prices for the combined treatments, so you're absolutely right, when you think that this will be spread out every 5 weeks or so it isn't that bad! :flower:

amazingGrace - thank you! I think I'm going to book a consultation there!

Lucy my eyes didn't water, no, but i did literally do some pregnancy breathing during the under parts of the bikini..:lol: you have to move your legs around a bit and i found that if i held my leg that helped.. i guess it's a habit from waxing.. pulling the skin tight. i clenched my jaw during the painful bits and then just laughed and exhaled to try and ignore the pain! it was over pretty quickly though, and she also reassured me that i could ask her to stop for a second, but i just wanted to get it over with. ^_^

i reckon going in with your ipod player is bound to help a bit as well for next time. or maybe one has to concentrate....

did you use a numbing agent, adorefaith?

I had my consultation yesterday and I've booked my first session. Taking adorefaith's advice I'm just doing one area first - partly for financial reasons and also because I want to see what the results are like first before going ahead and getting it done everywhere. I'm really excited! Hopefully the results will be good!

I need to start going back. I haven't been for about 4 months now. I got myself into a bad (but money-saving routine) of waxing areas again.

I think of all the places I've had laser - underarms, upper lip, chin, stomach (I'm not actually an ape, I swear!) - my underarms have been the most successful. I still shave them, mainly out of habit, and just incase, but there's only been a couple of hairs actually grown back since the last treatment. I'd assume that thicker hair, such as bikini line, would have just as good results. But I'm way too chicken to try it... getting my underarms done is painful enough :lol: It's the only time I've actually ever felt real pain with laser - I orignally thought the face would be the worst, but it did't hurt one bit!

It basically goes...

thicker hair = more pain = more success

:P

Lucy no i didn't...i thought about it but had friends say it really wasn't that bad so i decided to just be brave..:lol: the ipod is actually a good idea, i think.. but you're also right that one does need to concentrate. Or perhaps more accurately one needs to concentrate on something other than the pain.. :P

Hautechild let us know how you go ! good luck!

Bianca i'm surprised your underarms were that painful.. i barely felt mine, and my hair is quite thick there.. i have always shaved it there, never waxed..

my task now is to find a good place to continue laser in Calgary. i started in sydney (my hometown) but am now back in Canada and need to keep up with the treatments. hopefully i can find somewhere i am as happy with as i was with the first place.. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->