Legendary Designer Yves Saint Laurent Dies at 71

Hmm, they work for me, but I'll upload it to imageshack and maybe you can see it then. :smile:

scanned by me

^ I see it now. Thanks :flower:
It's funny. "Au secours! Hi hi hi!" "Tra la la lère youpy!" :blink: :lol:

Truly a great pioneer in his profession, god bless his chic sole

Vogue Paris August 2008 (HQs)

L'homme en noir
Photos by Terry Richardson, Juergen Teller, Guy Bourdin, Mario Testino & Frank Horvat.

scanned by Diorette

so nice tribute Diorette.. thanks, till today I feel my heart is still broken.

i went to a lecture today about him and the lecturer (who i already know because she's amazing and knows everything about everything and i always attend her events!) just started talking about how passionate he was and she saw a video where he hugged the seamstress that had done something and said "thank you so much, i love what you've done" and she started getting all teary-eyed when telling the story, saying how much he loved fashion and was nice and humble, and i just wanted to hug her! haha. she's one of the people that got me so into fashion because she gets so moved when talking about stuff that you just want to have that passion as well!

I can't agree more Katie, I adore & respect the human side of Yves he was down to earth & very nice to every one & knows everyone in his couture house even the mail boy.. & you can see how the standing ovation & the after show moments are so overwhelming, passionate & tearfull with his models & friends...check the link below :
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f116/1936-2008-yves-saint-laurent-30195-18.html

& with his mother:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f116/1936-2008-yves-saint-laurent-30195-16.html

aw thanks for those! the pics of his mother made me want to cry, she seems so proud!

the lecturer also said that once she was in a restaurant near the louvre and she saw him and pierre bergé and went all fangirl and told her husband she was going to go there to speak to them. her husband was so embarrassed he walked ahead and she said something like "i just went there and told him i loved him and how much he inspired me. he didnt say anything, pierre bergé did all the talking. i know i was making the biggest fool out of myself but i dont regret a minute of it, it was one of the best moments of my life"

i went to an architecture event today where they recreate like a house and each architect designs a room. one architect did a living room for a fashionista and it was all YSL inspired, there were loads of big framed pictures of him (famous ones, in B&W) and books, and little details that he liked. so cool!

i went to an architecture event today where they recreate like a house and each architect designs a room. one architect did a living room for a fashionista and it was all YSL inspired, there were loads of big framed pictures of him (famous ones, in B&W) and books, and little details that he liked. so cool!

a house inpired by Yves... so exciting... would love to see a picture:rolleyes:???

Has this been posted?

Giant magazine - August/September issue

Scanned by me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"