Legendary Designer Yves Saint Laurent Dies at 71

city girl

Reaction score
From WWD..not sure where to put this
Saint Laurent Hospitalized
Thursday, July 12, 2007

PARIS — Yves Saint Laurent is convalescing at the American Hospital here after suffering acute health problems.

Pierre Bergé, the legendary couturier's partner, said Saint Laurent was “not doing well" and that he was beset with respiratory trouble. Saint Laurent also is having difficulty walking.

Hope he recovers quickly :heart:

I hope so too! I'd hate to see anything happen to him. :heart:

Somehing happened to him last year too. Hope he gets well soon.

That report is a little vague....still, it'd be sad should anything happen to him.

oh no....
god..plz....let him recover soon:lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky:

Well, that doesn't sound good at all. Hope he manages alright.

Oh no! I wish him well...

I pray that we don't lose another designer this year

Vogue.co.uk

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
GET WELL SOON, YVES SAINT LAURENT
spacer.gif
YVES SAINT LAURENT is convalescing at the American Hospital in Paris following his admission for respiratory problems. Pierre Bergé, the partner of the 70-year-old couturier, told WWD that Laurent was "not doing well" and that doctors were yet to diagnose the problem; he is also finding it difficult to walk. Having retired from fashion in 2002, the designer has led a secluded life while poor health has hampered many physical activities, including his ability to sketch. Laurent founded his own-name fashion house – of the most successful and revered in history, often referred to as a benchmark for haute couture – in 1962, but was beset by neuroses and acute depression throughout his career. He is expected to leave hospital within the next couple of days and Bergé plans to take him to Tangier, Morocco, to continue his recuperation. (July 12 2007, AM)

Leisa Barnett

I really can't say I'm too surprised, he's been ill for ages...

Oh god, if he doesn't get better, it's been an awful year for the fashion industry. A lot of important people has passed on this year.

that's pretty terrible. indeed,his health has been deteriorating for the last few years....it really doesn't sound terribly optimistic.

:x i hope this doesent become worse. But it sounds like it very well could....

I hope he's okay. :( Such talent shouldn't leave the world just yet. I know he has even more to give to the fashion world than he already has. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->