Yves Saint Laurent Speaks

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily Paris July 7@ 2003
yve2.JPG
Saint Laurent Speaks

By Godfrey Deeny

In his first public comments on the collections designed by his ultimate successor, Yves Saint Laurent did not mince words.

"Il fait ce qu'il peuve, le pauvre," the legendary French designer told FWD when asked his opinion on American designer Tom Ford. That roughly translates to, "He does what he can, the poor thing."

Asked whether he thought Ford's designs were in the spirit of Saint Laurent, the retired designer peered over his tortoise shell glasses and said simply: "Oh, you know I can't respond to a question like that." It's understood that under the terms of the agreement by which the Gucci Group bought YSL, both Saint Laurent and his longtime partner Pierre Berge are prevented from publicly commenting on the house they used to own.

Speaking at a party in the boutique of his former muse and accessories designer Loulou de la Falaise in Paris Monday night, Saint Laurent sounded almost like James Bond when he hinted to a posse of journalists that he might just consider designing another collection.

"I can't see it happening in the near future," said Saint Laurent in an interview in the boutique with French TV channel France 2 about rumors that he's mulling some sort of return. "But," he added with an arch wink, "I have to say, never say never, eh!"

Attired in a green cotton jacket and khaki pants, the famed designer emphasized to reporters that he's been kept busy taking drawing classes and resting up since his retirement last year from the house he founded.

"Of course I keep up to date with what's happening in fashion. But when I look around I have to say I'm not impressed. It makes me sad," said Saint Laurent.

:meow: hisssssssssssssss

tom "le pauvre" ford :rofl:

thank you this made my evening :blush:

"Il fait ce qu'il peuve, le pauvre," :clap: :rofl: :heart:

i wish yves made a comeback
(btw, loulou's shop is sooo cool , bit for the old ladies that lunch , but still cool)

yeah yves should make a comeback.. he's always complained about how fashion has changed for the worse , he should do something about it!

Originally posted by Erzébeth@Jul 8th, 2003 - 7:41 am
yeah yves should make a comeback.. he's always complained about how fashion has changed for the worse , he should do something about it!
Agree! :wink:

Sounds like he has something 'up his sleeve'!
Let's see what happens :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jul 9th, 2003 - 3:55 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Jul 9th, 2003 - 3:55 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Erzébeth@Jul 8th, 2003 - 7:41 am
Agree! :wink: [/b][/quote]
yes he should, he complains alot , wich kind of pisses me off, so he should take a stand and kick some stupid sex adict *** :ninja:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 10th, 2003 - 12:36 pm
yes he should, he complains alot , wich kind of pisses me off, so he should take a stand and kick some stupid sex adict *** :ninja:
I think he's paid his dues and has earned the right to complain. :lol:

i agree with astrid... yves has already redefined fashion once... why should it be up to him to do it again? he has paid his dues and given more than enough. too bad, no one has learned from his example... they just copy him. :sick:

OK I admit I have a crush on Tom Ford :blush: so I can't really be objective...But some of my arguments may be right afterall lol.

I remember the YSL Rive Gauche stores just four years ago before they got a makeover. They were tacky white/gold places where only old ladies still shopped. The Brussels store hadn't had a refurbishing since the 1970's when the store opened: the carpet had holes and you couldn't see Loulou de la Falaise jewelry because the glass on the widow cabinet was completely scrached. It didn't even have that '70's retro charm. The rtw clothes were granny-boring (except for the trench coats and the tuxs). And all those awfull licences :sick: Even the parfums division was going bad : Champagne/Yvresse big flop! Ofcourse there was still the sublime Couture and arrival of Heidi Slimane. Basicly YSL was a sleeping beauty with a glorious past.

I wasn't sure about Tom Ford designing for YSL after his first season. But after that he showed beautiful commercial collections, all with references to the great master (Tuxedo, bohemian, Belle de jour, 1940's, africa...).

During all the '80's and '90's Monsieur Saint Laurent kept complaining about wanting to stop. He said he couldn't because the jobs of hondreds were in his hands. He became an alcoholic addicted to pain killers and suffered of many depressions. Sometimes when he came to greet the audience at the end of a show he looked like a zombie. It was all very sad...
Since his retirement Monsieur's health improved and he gained his "joie de vivre" back, tho his remarks on Tom Ford are bitter. But he was always negative about younger designers even about Galliano. The only two other designers work he supported were JP Gaultier and Hedi Slimane.

I really would like him to come back as a theatre costume/set designer, because this was his real passion as a young boy and it's where he really can use his full fantasy potentiel.

Sorry for the long post.:heart: you all even if we dessagree on some issues. Hey! This is only fashion.lol

one thing that wont change is that they are ALL
bitchy queens. all of them. :lol:

taking stabs at each other like some catfight :rolleyes:
YSL and other euro-aristos probably looks down at american texan tom like some of us look down on "bammy britney....... :innocent:

:P

needless to say YSL what a b*tch :lol:

that ysl shop sounded terrible CC :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->