Leonardo DiCaprio

Fri, 11 February 2011 at James Franco: Akira Manga Man! Exclusive!

James Franco is in talks to star as the lead role Kaneda in the live action feature-film Akira, JustJared.com has exclusively confirmed.
james-franco-akira.jpg

The flick will be based off of anime artist Katsuhiro Otomo’s six-volume cyberpunk manga (Japanese word for comics). The film is set in New Manhattan, where the leader of a biker gang saves his friend from a medical experiment.

Warner Bros. has tapped director Albert Hughes (The Book of Eli) to helm the project, along with Leonardo DiCaprio’s production company Appian Way.

James, who is co-hosting the Academy Awards later this month with Anne Hathaway, unsurprisingly has been getting roles offered to him left and right. He also has the opportunity to replace Robert Downey, Jr. as the Wizard of Oz in the upcoming Disney movie Oz: The Great and Powerful. Director Sam Raimi will helm the Wizard of Oz prequel, which is based on L. Frank Baum’s classic books.

WHAT DO YOU THINK James Franco will choose to star in — Oz or Akira?

justjared

Fri, 11 February 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio: 'J. Edgar' Filming with Armie Ham

Leonardo DiCaprio and Armie Hammer look dapper in tuxedos while filming scenes for J. Edgar on Thursday (February 10) in Los Angeles.
leonardo-dicaprio-armie-hammer-j-edgar.jpg

Also spotted on set: co-star Judi Dench, who plays J. Edgar Hoover’s mother, Anna Marie, and the film’s director Clint Eastwood.

The day before, Leo smoked a cigar and wore white pajamas on the movie’s set.

Armie portrays Clyde Tolson, J. Edgar’s number two man at the FBI and his rumored secret lover.

justjared

Sat, 12 February 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio: Dracula Producer?

Leonardo DiCaprio wears a hat and long coat and gets into character for J. Edgar on Friday (February 11) in Los Angeles.
leonardo-dicaprio-coat.jpg

The 36-year-old actor chatted with director Clint Eastwood on set and got his makeup retouched in between takes.

The day before, Leo suited up in a tux while filming scenes with co-star Armie Hammer.

Leo’s next project may have him stepping behind the camera.

His production company, Appian Way, is close to closing a deal for Harker, which centers around a Scotland Yard detective who is tracking Dracula, Deadline reports.

justjared.

He looks good in the J Edgar pics. The lack of facial hair really makes him look young!

He always looks good IMO. :brows:
But I think this may be the film that finally gets him his Oscar.
I can't wait to see it.

Leonardo DiCaprio: 'Wolf of Wall Street' with Martin Scorsese!

Leonardo DiCaprio is set to star in The Wolf of Wall Street, an adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s memoir of the same name, according to Variety.
leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

The film will be directed by Martin Scorsese and will be the fifth collaboration between Leo and the Oscar-winning director.

The Wolf of Wall Street follows Belfort’s “dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, along with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included a massive drug addiction.”

“After almost four years in development, I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled I am to finally be working with Leo and Marty on this,” Belfort said. “They’re the ultimate Dream Team, and it was definitely worth the wait.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese’s new project?

justjared.

He's become such an acting force I go to see all his movies just for him because I know he typically makes good choices.

On a fashion note, he always looks better in the moves than out LOL

Wow, Hammer is tall! Leo looks practically short by comparison, and Leo's not even a short guy!

Wow, Hammer is tall! Leo looks practically short by comparison, and Leo's not even a short guy!
I know, I noticed that too. According to IMDB, Hammer is 6"5 and Leo is 6"0. So yeah, Hammer is a tall guy!

Leonardo is Martin Scorsese's muse. All of Scorsese's big films since 2002 (Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, and Shutter Island) have starred Leo.
And now Martin's two upcoming films, Sinatra and now this Wallstreet movie will also star Leo. :D

In terms of work, Leonardo seriously gets the best of any actor in his age group.
But I would love to see him do some comedy or romance again. All of his films are so serious now.

^But he's always done primarily serious films. I think his lightest films were Catch Me if You Can and Celebrity. I suppose Growing Pains was a comedy too if you go back that far!

As for romance he does that occasionally. Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, Total Eclipse, and Revolutionary Road were all romances. They just weren't happy!

I think Leo said he would get bored if he didn't find the character challenging and interesting...Leo gets to star in Martin's movies because Leo can pull it off. Not many actors his age can act and show emotion the way Leo does imo :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mon, 28 March 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio & Armie Hammer: Temple Twosome

Leonardo DiCaprio and Armie Hammer get to work on their upcoming film, J. Edgar, on Monday (March 28) in Alexandria, Virginia.
leonardo-dicaprio-armie-hammer-edgar-filming.jpg

The two actors shot scenes on the steps of the George Washington Masonic Memorial.

Leo stars as FBI boss J. Edgar Hoover, while Armie plays his number two man and rumored secret lover Clyde Tolson.

E! Online reports that they’ve already filmed their “passionate” lip-locking scene!

“[They did] more [takes] than [director Clint Eastwood] normally does. They wanted to make it right. It’s a more involved scene than just the kissing. It was so sexy,” said one source.

Bigger pic inside…

justjared

Mon, 04 April 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio Runs For His Life

Leonardo DiCaprio runs toward the camera on the set of a new advertisement in Paris, France on Monday (April 4).
leonardo-dicaprio-runs-for-his-life.jpg

Last week, the 36-year-old actor reportedly signed a $5 million deal to appear in a TV advertising campaign for a Chinese cell phone company, Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp, E! reported. The ad will be shot this month and is scheduled to begin airing in Asia later this year.

Leo has simultaneously been working on his upcoming film J. Edgar, which recently shot scenes on the steps of the George Washington Masonic Memorial.
justjared

Leonardo DiCaprio: Rainy Cell Phone Shoot

Leonardo DiCaprio films some scenes in the rain for an upcoming cell phone commercial on Monday (April 4) in Paris, France.
leonardo-dicaprio-cell-commercial.jpg

The 36-year-old actor got to work on an ad for the Chinese company Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Leo’s contract is reportedly worth $5 million!

Earlier in the day, Leo shot some additional scenes on the street in a different outfit.

10+ pictures inside of Leonardo DiCaprio filming a cell phone commercial…

justjared

^I think he looks good! Not my fave hairstyle on him but I think they were channeling his Inception look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->