Lily Donaldson

She looks really great for Cubus. I'm so sorry but I can't upload miniatures of these pictures :C

Here is miniature all of them

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cubus.com

Some misc. Purple Diary photos

purple.fr

A7KjauM.jpg

tPpK8qF.jpg

tatler.com
From Wing to Fin private view

Cyprien Gaillard is an edgy kind of artist, so when Spruth Magers hosted a private view of his exhibition From Wings to Fins, he invited his coolest, edgiest friends. As well as girlfriend Lily Donaldson, artists Andreas Gursky, Joseph Kosuth and Mat Collishaw were in attendance at the gallery. And it also meant that the gallery owners - Monika Spruth and Philomene Magers - and the evening's co-host Dasha Zhukova put on an afterparty that had as many edges as a circle. They got everyone to drink up, then whisked them over to Simpsons on the Strand for an extremely traditional dinner: potted salmon, roast beef and sticky toffee pudding. And Cyprien absolutely loved it. So much so that the drinking went on till way past midnight, and then it was on to yet another party, hosted by one of his friends. So the night ended up rather edgy after all.

Forgot to add this! Cute picture.

AmmpPH0.jpg

tatler.com

More misc.
Osmrm36.jpg
uUgeWA1.gif

admagazine.fr, tatler.com

Thank you so much, SugarMe. I'm so happy that this thread is still alive ^^

# 513 They're so lovley together :wub:

Lily's shoot with Ben Weller was for The Edit!

Photographs by BEN WELLER
Styling by NATALIE BREWSTER

Effortless, chic and with a rock’n’roll attitude, British model LILY DONALDSON was made to showcase fall’s polished grunge aesthetic. She talks to NATALIE RIGG about her tomboy style, supermodel friends and her quest to find the perfect ’90s plaid shirt.

Over the past ten years, Lily Donaldson has become one of the world's most successful models. Famed for her porcelain complexion and wide-set sapphire eyes, the blond, British-born 26-year-old beauty was first scouted at 16 under a graffiti-scrawled archway in Camden, north London, and she hasn't looked back.

In fact, Donaldson's rise has been exponential. Not only has she landed countless magazine covers including V and British Vogue, and fronted campaigns for Burberry, Chanel and Gucci, she has also become a muse to photographers Mario Testino, Terry Richardson and Mario Sorrenti. Throughout it all, Donaldson has remained unaffected – which is perhaps the secret to her enduring appeal.

Today, the model resides in New York's East Village, although she remains fiercely loyal to her London roots. "I like to think that I bring that 'girl from Kentish Town' vibe to the US," she says. "It's there in my low-key tomboy style, my attitude and my sense of humor. That will never change."

Do you come from a fashion background?
“My grandfather [Anthony Donaldson] was an artist [known for '60s Pop Art advertisements] and my father [Matthew Donaldson] is a fashion photographer [feted for his still-life campaigns for Loewe and Smythson], so it was a creative household. I had always intended to follow in their footsteps and go to art school in London.”

Does modeling come naturally?
“No, I really had to try to be comfortable in front of the camera because I was very shy; I used to hide behind my hair. Now I like becoming a different character with every shoot. The idea of transformation through fashion inspires me – it's a performance.”

Can you recall your first-ever runway show?
“It was for London Fashion Week in 2004 and I was so nervous that I turned up an hour early. I remember asking makeup artist Val Garland in a state of panic to remind me how to walk.”

Who has been the strongest influence on your career?
“Steven Meisel has been really instrumental. He taught me to be more aware of my body, how to place myself and how to look best on camera. I also love working with Terry Richardson and Mario Sorrenti, because they allow you to explore different parts of yourself – you have to morph into their vision.”

What's the most valuable piece of career advice you have been given?
“Naomi [Campbell] once said when you step onto the runway, just imagine the entire audience naked and you'll be absolutely fine.”

Do you have a support network?
“Yes, as modeling can be daunting and lonely sometimes. I love Freja [Beha Erichsen]; she's so much fun and I adore her. And also Joan Smalls. We just went out in Paris together with Cara [Delevingne] and spent our evening dancing and twerking!”

Describe your signature style...
“I'm quite the tomboy and live in jeans, plaid shirts and sneakers. Though I do like to dress up in an elegant evening gown and heels when I feel like it.”

You seemed very comfortable in our grunge-inspired looks...
“Yes, they are all pieces I love to wear. Growing up in Camden in the '90s, you couldn't escape grunge. I've been wearing plaid shirts since I was three and spent my youth hanging out in Camden Skatepark."

Your top five winter essentials?
“A black sheepskin jacket is a must during the freezing New York weather. Also, a good pair of black leather biker boots, some slouchy cashmere jumpers, black leather pants and gray skinny jeans.”

Who are your go-to designers?
“I always wear Alexander Wang. His clothes are simple, cool and really comfortable. I also collect vintage pieces on my travels and wander the cities trying to find the perfect plaid shirt.”

Any styling advice you can offer?
“To be comfortable. It's important to carry yourself with confidence and I think that comes from being happy in your own skin. Clothes are there to empower you. If it doesn't feel right, don't wear it.”

If you could raid anyone's closet for the day, who would it be?
“Jane Birkin. She has the most amazing sense of style. She's completely effortless, which is always sexy.”

Your favorite pastime?
“Painting is important to me, it's a personal journey. I used to paint with my grandfather when I was a child; he taught me the basics.”

How do you maintain a work/life balance?
“I think I've only just got it right. I took some time out last year after a bad horse-riding accident. I couldn't walk properly for four months, which was very traumatic. Before that, my life had become a whirl – I was so frantic that all the days and seasons rolled into one. I think it was a warning from the universe, telling me to slow down.”
net-a-porter.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Venezuelan magazine Variedades

ebay | collect_venezuela

Cubus Underwear

Perhaps Joan and Lily are shooting something together?

Too much time and latex/sex tape on my hands along with @lilymdonaldson foot.
instagram | joansmalls

^ I wanted to edit it but I was too late!

I was going to add that perhaps they are as VS castings/fittings? :unsure:

I hope so. Oh, it's so nice too see Lily and Gemma, old good times. I miss this girls so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->