Lithuanian Street Style

Cheburashka

Reaction score
As there is already a thread of Estonia, let's post streetstyle pics of the other Baltic country: Lithuania (besides Latvia).
I haven't been in LT for a year now and wonder how things develop there.
Hopefully to better- as there actually happened not much inventive, individual and original streetstyle till recently...

I hope that a TFS newbie is allowed to start a new thread, if not, please delete, dear mods.

Sveikas Aiste,

I am not Lithuanian, but I DO understand what you told :smile: But you should keep in mind, that most people on tfs don't speak LT- so let's better post in English.

It'a a pity that people in Lithuania, especially the ones outside Vilnius, only buy the stuff that is available in the typical shops like Vero Moda, Galerija Aprangos (Miss Sixty, S'Oliver etc.), Mango, Esprit etc... or even worse...at these turgus markets...
Walking along Laisves Aleja (Kaunas) or even Gedimino prospekt (Vilnius) is such a sad thing style wise...at least it was a year ago...I'd say 90% of guys look the same (and in a terrible, undescribable terrible way) and 80% of girls. Though there IS a choice- even with having few money. Such an amount of thrift-stores like in LT I didn't see anywhere else, but it seems people buy there only if they have no other choice. And who has choice- in other words who has money- doesn't check the thrift stores anymore, In Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, I rarely saw some people with a personal style, but mostly it was the generic look: <male> guys, kind-of-bitchy-looking girls... :(

@beepah:

Thanks for the site link- though I wonder WHAT these guys call street/ club style.
And the most horrible thing was to see how this 'stylist' girl 'styled' some people. No words :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some changes, but mostly... girls dressing like they`re about to go to night club (at 2 p.m!), and guys... they still think that to care about clothing is not a thing that a REAL man should do...:P

There are some stylish people, but as I live in Vilnius (the capital, butit`s a small city) you can recognise same people, that at least try to find a unique style.

But it`s getting better :blush: ^_^

Post some photos please, I'd love to see Lithuanian street style! :flower:

tindi-rindi said:
There are some changes, but mostly... girls dressing like they`re about to go to night club (at 2 p.m!), and guys... they still think that to care about clothing is not a thing that a REAL man should do...:P

There are some stylish people, but as I live in Vilnius (the capital, butit`s a small city) you can recognise same people, that at least try to find a unique style.

But it`s getting better :blush: ^_^

Oh really??? Are there changes?!?B) Can't you stroll around in Vilnius, make photos of some people with personal style and post them here?^_^

Worse styled than girls are really the guys. But I've heard that suddenly lots of guys start growing their hair longer. Actually this sounds not bad. I am so sick of all the bold guys with this ultra-masculine look :sick: But I've also heard that clothes stay the same. Oh well, this can't look good... :cry:

I think there is simply one reason, why there are so very few guys with personal style in LT. The acceptance for such guys is very very low and having personal style causes a lot of problems... I have some male friends in Lithuania that really know how to dress and being called 'Piderast' is still harmless in comparison what can happen to such guys...

Here is a link to a website of 2 guys that make the supposedly best parties in LT...

www.ryralio.lt

Ok- it's not actually streetstyle but clubstyle, but the gallery pics show some of the best styled people in Lt...oh well...

You have to click on the left 'galerija' to see the pics.

oh, I think you've been too long into Lithuanian stereotypes. It's a way different now, but its still kinda narrow minded when we talk about style, comparing to western metropoles...

ryralio.lt best styled people? gimme a break.

beepaah said:
oh, I think you've been too long into Lithuanian stereotypes. It's a way different now, but its still kinda narrow minded when we talk about style, comparing to western metropoles...

ryralio.lt best styled people? gimme a break.

Ok, then proove me that I am wrong and that style has changed a lot in the last year... ^_^

AII personally don't suppose ryralio.lt to be the best styled people. Nonono.
I just know, that many Lithuanians that go to Ryralio see themselves as hipsters or even avantgarde...really not my personal opinion :innocent:

They`re growing hair, yes, but sometimes they forget to wash them :yuk:
I`ll try to make some photos, but maybe next week, it`ll be very busy at the uni.

I hope I`ll dare to come to people and ask for a pic :shock: :blink: :huh: :unsure:

tindi-rindi said:
They`re growing hair, yes, but sometimes they forget to wash them :yuk:
I`ll try to make some photos, but maybe next week, it`ll be very busy at the uni.

I hope I`ll dare to come to people and ask for a pic :shock: :blink: :huh: :unsure:

Oh pleeeeeease, make the photos the soonest possible! I long to see some Lithuanians with a tiny bit of style!

Don't worry- usually Lithuanians don't care when they are photographed.
If you don't like to ask strangers for permission, just behave like a tourist. I think on Gedimino and in Oldtown it shouldn't be such a problem ^_^

Hi there,
I'm lithuanian myself, I moved to england year ago, and can state that lithuanian fashion is far behind england, or I guess also other europian countries.
Maybe cos in Lithuania isn't that much liberality (compared with england), and if you wear something more 'interesting' everybody will be staring at you, so most people just don't dare to be diferent.
That's my opinion.

You are right...BUT! I find it quite liberal, when it's possible to run half-naked around, with tiny tiny hot pants and a top in the size of a book site :sick:

I think it's just they want to play safe and there is a general lack of creativity and fantasy among the majority of people.

I'd like to be wrong with my suspect...

Labas! The Lithuanian are a beautiful people. A good friend of mine is from Lithuania and she takes me to Lithuanian street fairs in Los Angeles.
I like the honey wine and the food.

I would love to see some Lithuanian street fashion. Often the Lithuanian woman "fresh off the boat" that I see in Los Angeles dress very very sexy.

i'm Lithuanian and i can say that lithuanian people dress ok (at least in capital city). Most poeple here is not that trendy as in London or NY, but lithuanian people are beautiful in general and i see alot of nice dressed beautiful people in streets :heart: . sorry it's not easy to find any pics

Labas Haruki! :smile:

ok i will post some lithuanian people. all pics from madein.lt
11gg2.jpg

12gq7.jpg

10yq2.jpg

9at4.jpg

8gu7.jpg

7uw4.jpg

6dy4.jpg

5qe6.jpg

3di9.jpg

2wk3.jpg

1qa0.jpg

more
44jq4.jpg

same source

Recently Lithuania's streets are full of ladies wearing slim jeans and high bootleg shoes. Every second girl look like this (not very nice picture and persona, but you can see essence here).

My flatmate is Lithuanian she has wonderful quirky style , I wish I had some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->