Liu Wen

^Just started! :woot:

Liu at Mr. Chou's little gathering...

instagram/therealphilliplim

+

more at MET's press conference...

instagram/melvin0619

I think she'll surprise/stun us this year, yet again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, please let it be long hair - and not a bun/styled up - or something similar to her look from Pucci S/S 2013!

Or half and half.

At least her hair is down.

And her makeup is not too dramatic or severe.

Seems subtle/quiet for Liu...

Liu Wen in Michael Kors
jQplN5J.jpg
F9xzC5c.jpg
dBLCSs8.jpg
nKvpjdD.jpg

weibo.com/fashionifeng

Someone stated she referenced the film "In the Mood for Love" what a brilliant choice she really does look like a movie star. :heart:

Cannot see that much "Chineseness" on this dress, but the look is immersed with a kind of westernized Chinese modernist aesthetics from early 20th century.

Sadly, I want to like this...but I just cannot. Yup, I sure had higher expectation than this.

That first sneak peak was intriguing but the outcome wasn't necessarily on par with what I had in mind or would anticipate from Liu knowing this year's theme. Yeah perhaps blame it on Kors.

Even if she went with a cheongsam style/inspired dress I would still have been more stoked to see that than this.

Yeah, this look is more of a modern/contemporary interpretation...even referencing the film, ...Mood for Love, didn't really resonate with me. But that's just me.

Disappointed to say the very least. :(

Anyway.

Did 2015 still top your list of Liu's MET appearances?

fashiongonerouge.com, weibo.com, wwd.com, zimbio.com

Six years...

2010: Naeem Khan
2011: Alexander McQueen
2012: Michael Kors
2013: Alexander McQueen
2014: Zac Posen
2015: Michael Kors

'China: Through The Looking Glass' Costume Institute Benefit Gala - Press Preview

gettyimages

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ixtab
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->