Liu Wen

I know. Unfortunately they're tagged (blame China)...

OK! MAGAZINE CHINA MAY 1, 2015
'OK! Supermodel, Spokesperson'
Ph: Yuan Gui Mei
Stylist: Min
Hair: Ze Nan
Makeup: He Leidong

sina/fashionmodels

Not what I had in mind based from the cover. But damn. Only four photos? I also suspect there is a page/written article missing.

And those Atsuko Kudo stockings. Sexy.

Liu Wen attends the MAC x Guo Pei dinner on May 5, 2015 in New York City.

zimbio.com

Liu Wen has been a hot Weibo trending topic for the whole day because of that one picture with Kris Wu in post #548 :lol: Their names (Put together) were on top of the Weibo search charts for almost 9 or 10 hours, and fans kept wondering if Siwon would be displeased at this :rofl:

^ Post-Korean (Kris Wu was one of the Chinese members of a Korean boy group previously) fan cult indeed.

That's hilarious! :lol: But that means more wrath for Liu. Kris and Siwons. Oh Liu, what have you gotten yourself into. :rofl:

Good story, good story indeed.

I'm assuming it won't hurt Liu at all. Having Chinese, Koreans and international people at her fingertips.

Anyway she flew somewhere (perhaps prepping for Cannes or filming?). I hope we can get more top tier work soon, please.

Isn't it a bit of a conflict of interest for her to attend a MAC event? I guess since it was for a collaboration with a Chinese designer, it was fine?

^Liu's there in support for Guo Pei, the couturier, not for MAC.

Besides, we don't know how prestigious/lucrative her EL contract is anymore... :ermm::unsure::rolleyes:

I mean who knows how restrictive/extensive the contract is; and any obligation that she has to adhere to. If so then it must be minimal.

Anyway I don't think there's an issue here. She's not there for MAC (despite the association).

Liu is currently in Korea and I'm pretty sure she's filming WGM from the photo I saw.

^Don't know what/which photo you saw but yeah Liu is definitely in Hanguk, with her boyfriend...

And I'm guessing they finished filming the first segment of the program already. And on to the next? Yeah, that's my hunch. Otherwise someone who is kind could confirm this. Or we can just wait.

weibo/u/2034822390

Prepping for the Met Gala with Liu Wen, China's Biggest Model

weibo/michaelkors

Nora Crotty
May 4, 2015

On the eve of the Met Gala, in the lobby of the Upper East Side’s Mark Hotel, there is a beautiful chaos in the air. Though the official call time for attendees is not until 6pm, at 3:30 the sidewalks are lined with paparazzi and phone-waving fans. Passing nervously through the crowd, I looked down until reaching the elevators. The room is buzzing. Adrian Brody and his beautiful nose appear, looking inconspicuous in a hoodie and baseball cap, and we make small talk as we watch the numbers light up in descending order. It's taking FOREVER. "What do you think they're doing in there?" Brody asks me, nodding toward the doors.

"...Making out?" I say with a guffaw. He laughs. The elevator finally arrives, and four of us (plus a few suitcases) cram inside. The doors stay open just long enough for me to notice Mario Testino waiting in line for the next car.

I reach the fifth floor and head to Liu Wen’s room. For those of you who don’t know, Wen is one of China's biggest models and a current face of Estée Lauder. She is sitting on the bed next to the window with straight hair and bare faced…but not for long. Her longtime hair and makeup artist, Nick He, has flown in from China for the first time to help his famous client get ready for what's arguably fashion's biggest event—and this year, the theme, “China: Through the Looking Glass”—holds a special meaning for the porcelain-skinned Beijing-bred beauty.

Though Wen, 26, now calls New York City's East Village home, she feels immense pride when it comes to her Chinese heritage, and was “super excited” upon learning the event’s China theme. “I'm from a small city, so [growing up, I never knew I wanted to be a model, because in my hometown we didn't have fashion,” she tells Yahoo Style. “I moved to New York almost four years ago, and when I heard about [the theme], I was like, Oh my god, I'm so proud for my country. Tonight is so special for the Chinese.” This is Wen's sixth Met Gala, and with the theme being so close to her heart, she's just as giddy getting ready as she was her first time.

“Tonight, for me, it's special because it's about Chinese culture,” she continues, as He fills in her brows. “It's really touched my heart.”

“It's not just for the fashion. It's also for the culture, the country. There's a lot of different artistic elements, from calligraphy to architecture; it's all combined together. I like that they're doing this East and West thing coming together—it makes the world feel very small. Everyone having a conversation together, models, actors, directors... it's really great.”

While the 2015 Met Gala may not be all about the fashion, it's certainly playing a major role. Wen, who arrived on the arm of Michael Kors for the fete, chose a custom-made gold-and-black lace gown by the designer. “It reminds me of Chinese porcelain, like vases, and the colors look very different with the different lighting. Michael loved this one—It's very beautiful and elegant. It's kind of like a couture piece—they made it for me!”
yahoo.com

+

Even in NYC, Liu's life is divided into the East and the West. “The East Village reminds me of home; I've always lived there, and there's a lot of good Japanese and Chinese food and a lot of my friends live there. It's really quiet, and for my job, I always go to the West Village because all the big studios are there... so it makes me think of work. It's like... East and West!”

When it comes to food, she actually prefers to eat Japanese. “I have a few favorite Chinese places in New York; I love dim sum, so in Chinatown they have good ones, and I love getting spicy food on Third Ave and 26th Street, I always get lunch with my friends there. But most of the time I eat Japanese food, because it's lighter and less heavy, not fried. I have to be very careful!”

Liu's Met Gala hair was inspired by some photos she found of Veronica Lake in her signature loose finger waves.

Before putting on her gown, Liu lounged in some custom-created Michael Kors pajamas, made to look like traditional Chinese sleepwear. “I feel so Chinese right now!” said the model, literally hopping around (adorable).

Liu's favorite part of the new Met exhibit? A stunning gold, gilded ball gown by Chinese designer Guo Pei. “She's China's top couturier.”

Liu packed the essentials into her little Michael Kors black python box clutch: Phone, an extra battery, eye drops, monogrammed powder case (so cute), Estee Lauder lipstick in “Emotional,” and Tic Tacs.

Liu's jewelry is made by Chinese designer Qeelin.

How is red carpet dressing different in China? “In china, when you go to a gala, everyone wants to look very important. Lots of long dresses, to make everything look more formal.”

She prefers to focus her makeup on one facial feature at time. “If your eyebrow is very dark, you should do less eye makeup. You can't have everything, or your face will look puffy! So you have to choose an important part – either eyes or lips.”

She had THREE fittings for her Michael Kors dress. “This is my first time getting fitted three times for the Met Gala! Usually it's only once or twice, because my schedule is so busy and I'm always traveling... but this time, Michael wanted me trying it on three times. The first time was just a regular fitting to choose the dress, the second time, to make sure the material and everything fit correct on my body, the third time, we had a jewelry fitting.”

She learned English by watching teen soaps and reality TV. “I think the best way to learn English is to watch TV, and then try to talk with people. I watched a lot of Gossip Girl and America's Got Talent. I watch a lot of American reality shows and movies; those help a lot.”

...But that's not to say she'll be saying 'hi' to Gossip Girl star Blake Lively, who's one of the Met Gala's hosts. Yahoo Style: “Are you going to talk to her?” LW: “Nooo... I don't know... maybe! I'm very shy!”
all yahoo.com

^I love that last quote in combination with that picture :lol::heart: and how freaking cute is she running around in her pajamas :bunny:

It's about gut feeling, sincerity, timing and traditional values...

gifs by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ixtab
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->