Loewe S/S 2022 Paris

So good! not a fan of the Lumps and Bumps section, but love everything else. One of the only shows I’ll remember from this season.

I kinda feel bad for not loving this as much as you all love it….

First of all, I need that soundtrack for my morning routines (exercises, skincare…everything)!

This is a good collection. There’s this ongoing balance between Art and Commerce. The most challenging propositions are balanced with a desirable bag and the shoes maybe are that touch for the women who aren’t daring enough.

The CDG inspired pieces in the beginning were kind of « Off » for me. I think he could have manipulated the textiles in a more interesting way…

This is maybe his most « JWA » collection…His most personal some would say. All the « pretentious » ideas and concepts of his early days are now digested and supported by a real technical expertise in terms of clothes making.

I like Loewe, I’m a customer so maybe, I’m still hungry for clothes to wear after this collection. It’s definitely interesting, worthy to buy to stand out in a event but I’ve always felt that JWA is a much more impressive « commercial » designer that he would claim or love to admit.

For me, FW 2016 will remain his best ever collection at Loewe. That being said, I’m excited for what is next…Because now, he had the atelier and eye to really execute his ideas to the fullest.

Loewe worked harder this time to make them realize how useless they are.
You knows your classics…lol.

I can't wait to see the video and treat this collection as a little birthday present for me today :P those looks with the gradient fabrics are exquisite!

What a knockout collection! Just blew me away from start to finish! This guy never misses!

I wasn't expectatng this show to get such raves in here but I've got to admit that, although not my favorite collection from him, it does show a newly found confidence to center his highly anticipated return to the runway on these clear and calm garments, turning down the noise instead of screaming the loudest. In such tumultuous days, it felt like an oasis.

WONDERFUL collection! Not perfect but the parts that were right really sang! The molded metal looks could have easily been clunky and heavy-handed but they did an amazing job here. I am genuinely impressed they were able to pull together this many ideas and novel designs and make it all look so at ease. A season's best for sure!

Zendaya didn't waste any time.

3dS9cB0.jpg

zimbio.com

I just rewatched the shows again and have to say - after a rewatch this still stands as the best show by a long shot. Still smiled, still gasped, still felt that weakness in my heart when you see something so beautiful you might suffer from the Stendhal’s syndrome. Some pieces are indeed only just good, but that black face mask look and the draped Dune-like looks still get me totally floored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->