London College of Fashion

I have interview next Tuesday to Fashion Photography BA, any complaints etc. of that course? Any feedback is super appreciated!

Any idea about the Fashion PR written test which is part of the assessment process? Is it like an essay or a test based on facts? It's odd because everyone who has scored 50% or more will be invited for an interview and I don't imagine how they would mark an essay passed with 50%.

Has anyone applying for MA programs heard anything back yet? The wait is starting to make me crazy.

I'm interested in the FdA Fashion Styling & Photography course.
Is anyone following that course? Or finished it?
If so, what's it like? More practical work or mostly learning?
How does a regular day look like?

How good is London College of Fashion?
If you graduate there, do you really have a good education and good career chances?

Fashion Journalism

Ok, the thing is that I applied for London College of Fashion - Fashion journalism, and got invited to the assessment day at 28th of february. I'm just curious if anyone here on TFS has gone through the assessment day for Fashion journalism before? Want to know what kind of questions could come on the written test and stuff like that.

I'm sooo nervous even though it's like more than two weeks left! :sick:

does anybody else here have a fashion pr interview on the 17th of march?

Got an interview on the 7th March for Creative Direction for Fashion

I wonder if they are all on the same day, I also applied but I haven't yet got any reply whether they want me for interview or not. But I went to the fashion photography BA and I'll know if I get in in couple of weeks, eesh...good luck with your interview!

you know this is so bad but it doesn't matter what designers come out of LCF unless they suddenly get the new Mcqueen coming out of their BA, LCF will always be seen as a second rate fashion college. it cant compare to st martins and it doesn't help with they let essex girls in fake tan and gucci totes in!! it sucks but this is the industry they need to be more selective and focus more on getting decent reputable teachers in to make their brand and the college ba more reputable worthy.

is there anybody applying for MA in Fashion Media Production? or to several courses at the same time? what are the universities politics about those who apply for several courses? I know exactly what I want, but a back-up plan might be also usefull.

anyone heard back about their MA apps yet?

I just received an e-mail this morning to arrange a phone interview (because I'm an international student) for one of the two MA programs I applied to, but that was literally the first contact I'd received since applying.

Which program did you apply to?

if you go back on the thread i've talked about it loads. the course is a mess, the head of media and communication could care less about our specific pathway of journalism, no investment $$ or care was put into it. you're not in enough, the classes aren't good enough, they don't make you write about fashion (you write about whatever you want so you could easily just go into normal journalism), they don't push you or give you contacts for internships. if you want good connections/teachers and guest speakers go to fashion communication at CSM. but the ual is all a bit of a mess really.

in the end of the day if you want to do fashion journo go to normal journalism school then specify. this course doesn't offer anything extra about fashion (not even a fashion studies class) so you wouldn't be missing out!

I received an email yesterday saying I have an interview at the end of this month for BA womenswear technology. Can anyone say anything about it?

to be honest, finding a tutor who actually gives a damn at lcf is pretty rare! i'm on foundation at the moment, absolute waste of 6 months. we get taught nothing. no skills, just a bit of 'guidance'. it's pathetic.

Is fashion PR just as bad? LCC has regular PR, maybe it's a wiser choice to put that course as my nr.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->