Lost

Cried my eyes out at LOST finale

I'm not a regular watcher of LOST, but boy did I feel like I was last night. Though the finale left us with seemingly more confusing questions, I stuck it out for the 2 hours pre catch up show, and cried my eyes out at the end when Jack realized what he was doing in the church. And then when he closed his eyes on the island... I have to say he is one of the most believable actors around, and he cries better than most!
xo

My smile was so wide when Claire and Charlie remembered each other. I couldn't stop smiling so then my jaw hurt when I had to go back to serious face for the next scene lol.

I loved when Jack went "You're not John Locke. You disrespect his memory by wearing his face but you're nothing like him".

PS

eulvcy.jpg=
svtbw3.jpg=

ONTD Livejournal

YAY

Last edited by a moderator:
This was posted in the Blind Items thread.
It's from ONTD and I checked it out and the popular guess apparently is Evangeline. :unsure:

1-“Prior to the airing of the Lost series finale, there was a two hour-special on the making of Lost. It featured a plot summary, show clips, show runners patting themselves on the back, and lots of glowing accolades from the cast about how amazing and ground-breaking the series was. Well, that’s how they described it for the cameras, anyhow. One cast member had less glowing things to say when the camera wasn’t rolling. Specifically, that even the cast members didn’t understand the convoluted plot. This particular actor never had any idea whether s/he was “filming a scene of a flash back, a flash forward, a flash sideways.” This same actor did not like the ending at all. S/he said that it “f*ing sucked. What a joke.” S/he also joked that s/he might avoid public appearances for a while in case some fan who felt robbed at the ending wanted to throw a punch their way.”

This was posted in the Blind Items thread.
It's from ONTD and I checked it out and the popular guess apparently is Evangeline. :unsure:

Actually i think its Naveen (he has openly criticized the producers for the direction they have taken the show in as well as his character particularly in Season 2 :blink:) but whoever did say that deserves a pat on the back because they were right the finale did suck...just my opinion, of course! :innocent:

It would have been great as a stand alone episode.
Or if perhaps the first half had explained all the island stuff and the second half was about purgatory. I really liked that they all found each other in the end, it was sweet and showed how important they all were in each other's lives. They got to redeem themselves.
But for 6 years we've wondered about all the odd happenings on the island, why things are the way they are and we got NOTHING!!!
I really liked the Electric Boogaloo bit in the Jimmy Kimmel special :lol:

My thoughts:

It seems that they opted for an emotionally fulfilling finale rather than an intellectual one, which I don't mind. There are a LOT of questions left unanswered, but I think the purpose of the finale was for us to appreciate the series as a whole as the development of the bonds and relationships between the characters above and beyond anything else. The mythology of the island was fascinating, though I didn't ever really understand it myself. And I do feel like they have hyped up this entire final season to be about the island and the smoke monster rather than the emotional connections between the characters, but it is what it is I am going to watch the episode tonight and haev a big ol'cry. I now undertstand why the creators said the ending would be "bittersweet."

PS: Matthew Fox is an outstanding actor, IMO. I have always loved his subtle portrayal of Jack :heart:

Belowen said:
PS: Matthew Fox is an outstanding actor, IMO. I have always loved his subtle portrayal of Jack :heart:

Agreed :heart:

I don't mind about the things they didn't explain. I believe some things are more interesting if left unanswered... It's like watching a magic trick where, at the end, the magician tells the audience what his trick is.

I loved the finale. I watched it with a couple of friends and after it ended we didn't say anything for a whole minute because we felt so.... I don't even know how to explain it. Then we had a long discussion about life and death, the purpose of life and so on :lol: It really touched me and made me think about a lot. To me, the mystery in Lost was great and really fun, but its real strength was the human side of it, the characters' story.

^Well said! I totally agree. I think I would have been less content with the finale if they had focused on the unanswered questions. When its all said and done, I will remember the show because of the characters, not because of the various mysteries surrounding the island.

I think I cried through the entire thing and I NEVER cry over tv shows. It was a brilliant episode.

PS. I haven't been a faithful watcher throughout the whole series, what was the significance of the shoe tied to the bamboo?

I couldn't remember the significance either, but I read somewhere (probably in Jeff Jensen's EW column) that the place with the dangling shoe is where Jack woke up after the plane crash in the pilot episode. So the show really came full circle. He ended his island journey in the same exact spot that he started it.

I was never into the sci fi aspect of Lost, the last season really answered all my questions. What the black smoke was, who Jacob was, what the island was, why Richard never aged, how the Black Rock ended up on the island, why the castaways were bought to the Island. I remember reading somewhere someone said that if you're a person of faith then you're going to love the finale but if you're a person of science then you're going to hate it and I think that's sort of right. I loved the fact that they all had such a profound effect on each other that they all wanted to move onto whatever was next for them together.

I'm a person of science and I loved the finale!:D What does that make me? :flower: The thing is the end is open to many interpretations. The way I chose to see it is that "Purgatory" to me is the subconscious mind making all these connections in order to be happy,let go and ultimately die in peace before the actual death. Not purgatory and after life! It works for me!

I couldn't remember the significance either, but I read somewhere (probably in Jeff Jensen's EW column) that the place with the dangling shoe is where Jack woke up after the plane crash in the pilot episode. So the show really came full circle. He ended his island journey in the same exact spot that he started it.

You're right, that is the place where Jack first woke up on the island. The shoe back then was white and fresh. (in the finale it was old and rotten) I loved how in the very first sequence of the first episode Jack's eyes fly open and in the last scene they close in that same spot :heart: And also that is where Jack first saw Vincent, and in this last episode Vincent was there to say goodbye also :cry::heart:

Vincent killed me!:cry: It was such a perfect addition to the already very emotional scene!:heart:

I was already sobbing my heart by that stage :cry: :heart:

Touching moments:

Hurley's face when Charlie opens the door :heart:

Jin & Sun and the way they look at Sawyer when he comes into the hospital room :heart:

Jack's face when he is sitting with Kate in the church - pure happiness and relief :heart:

Didn´t like the finale. They used resources they would never use in a normal episode. Felt a bit as a low punch. Well...loved the show anyways. I also hated Seinfeld´s finale. It´s difficult to end such an intelligent show and make everyone happy. But this was a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->