Louis Vuitton ‘Core Values’ 2024 : Roger Federer & Rafael Nadal by Annie Leibovitz

As a Swiss i am truly amazed how Roger is able to cash in like crazy even after his tennis retirement.
Go get the LV money too!

Anyway - he and Rafa are truly legends - and they deserved a much better treatment imo than the usual cheesy Annie treatment. But i take this over all the actual and very clueless AD monstrosities for Gucci any day....

This isnt entirely CGI??

They were prob so excited not knowing they would get the finished product and not recognize themselves…

Its giving Ai but I think its also the kind of photography he does. It looks better in print than on Instagram especially on large format.

Antoine Arnault does love Annie Leibovitz.

Those Core Values campaigns are always great marketing institutional things but I’m waiting for the moment they switch the photographer.

Like an off-brand international version of an action movie franchise poster. And I don't get why the ropes look like extruded pieces of play-doh, but they look weird. The whole thing does. Classic Annie.

I don’t know why Annie Leivobitz keeps getting jobs. I really don’t get it.

Sadly the photo is not entirely inaccurate. Have you seen what they look like in real life? I can't believe Roger is 42 and the Rafael is 37. Apparently neither have heard of sunscreen. I would still be very unhappy if I spent a day in the cold shooting just to see them go with this.

I don’t know why Annie Leivobitz keeps getting jobs. I really don’t get it.
She is the last standing legendary photographer. She is accommodating and she has been the photographer associated with those institutional campaigns since Antoine started it.

She is the last standing legendary photographer. She is accommodating and she has been the photographer associated with those institutional campaigns since Antoine started it.
I mean, all that is true (although I think Meisel is a legend also -even if he is more focused in fashion-), but the result of her pictures is an abomination most of the times. 🫣

They all look AI generated and you really wonder if what you are seeing is an actual photograph or a photoshop work.

I mean, all that is true (although I think Meisel is a legend also -even if he is more focused in fashion-), but the result of her pictures is an abomination most of the times. 🫣

They all look AI generated and you really wonder if what you are seeing is an actual photograph or a photoshop work.
Meisel is a legend but Mr doesn’t travel.
When you have to do campaigns with high profile individuals, it’s a lot of logistic. It’s fair for a brand Louis Vuitton to accommodate everybody. If the star photographer has more demands than the stars subjects….We can’t go nowhere lol

It seems most artists/performers/photographers etc will enter a phase of being deemed (and dismissed) as problematic in some way, if they manage to stick around for long enough.

They get their moment in the sun, then they get pulled down, often for being no better or worse than most of what else is out there right now. If you want manipulated imagery that fails to flatter the subject matter, or inspire anything much in the viewer, you're spoilt for choice at the moment. She's not the only offender.

So it's 'sh*t on Annie' month, listen to the right podcasts, wear your ribbon proudly. Next month, it might be Jennifer Lopez, for her many crimes against humanity.

it's funny that it was shot on location, and they both look so rough lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->