Louis Vuitton Core Values Luggage and Travel by Annie Leibovitz

What disgusting pandering to American pseudo-intellectuals. Kate Moss is going to have to smoke something more than nicotine on the next runway show to recover from this damage.

Glitch in Angelina Jolie fashion ad

Angelina Jolie, globe-trotting Earth Mother of six, wears her own clothes -- and apparently no makeup -- in a dreamy new ad for Louis Vuitton's "Core Values" campaign. There's one catch to the ad, though: the handbag shown in the ad (Jolie's own) is about six years old, and is no longer in stores. Because of Angie's love of the bag, and because of the ad, the company might bring it back in some capacity. Pietro Beccari, LV's executive VP, says they're considering a "re-edit" of it, which we're guessing is fashion speak for "we'll probably get some version of it back in stores."
The photo, first posted on WWD.com, was snapped in Cambodia's Siem Reap province; Jolie carries a monogrammed tote from the luxe label while channeling an earthier, more introspective version of "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider."
According to WWD, Jolie opted for a natural, makeup-free look. But we can't help but suspect otherwise, given her unnaturally smoky eyes. Maybe Louis Vuitton digitally brushed some gray shadow on her lids. Or maybe the fashion world's definition of "no makeup" is heavy eyeshadow, liner and perfectly porcelain skin.
"People are not used to seeing Angelina in this situation," Beccari says. "I like the fact that it's a real moment. This travel message we give through personal journeys is a fundamental one for the brand." He adds: "This campaign is about a very special person and a very special journey."
Jolie's faraway expression conveys her deep bond with the country: the actress and activist adopted her Cambodia-born son, Maddox, after filming "Tomb Raider" there. Jolie and Brad Pitt later founded the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation to aid rural development and conservation in Cambodian communities.
Meanwhile, Louis Vuitton designer Marc Jacobs has also unveiled a racier celebrity ad that features Dakota Fanning suggestively holding a bottle of his new "Oh, Lola" perfume. It makes Indiana Jolie look even more like a saint.
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/thefamous/check-out-angelina-jolies-new-louis-vuitton-ad/1490

hahaha. i like how everyones going nuts over the 'no make-up part'....that's why they invented PHOTOSHOP!!!

non-make-up celebs is the new trend....but you wouldn't believe the re-touching. however it's probably cheaper than hiring a make-up and hair team...if they did spend $10 million

i think jolie looks great, but the background looks so nasty

they might've let her pose with an old one, but clearly she's running around with a new one the way a good spokesmodel would. i'm guessing that part of the deal with her signing with vuitton comes in her getting photographed with it all around the world living the aspirational lifestyle that appeals to so many vuitton customers (myself included:(

spl287105_005.jpg

(source: dlisted.com)

they must have sent her every single bag............so goood to be famous.

New Louis Vuitton Ad Features Muhammad Ali

My eyes pass swiftly over most fashion ads, which can be counted on to feature pretty models looking sexy while posing with fill-in-the-blank lipstick, clothes or jewelry.

But the new Louis Vuitton ad featuring Muhammad Ali made me pause. The three-year-old in the photo – shot last month by Annie Leibovitz – holds a feet-apart-chest-out stance that seems to say the same sort of thing his 70-year-old grandfather once brashly blurted: “I’m puuritty. I’m the grrreatest.”

I googled and sure enough, a baby picture of Mr. Ali shows the champ looked just like that in the mid 1940s. That led me to YouTube to watch a couple of Ali fights (wow, was he fast), then to google more of his biography (among the tragedies: he was refused service in a segregated Kentucky restaurant after winning an Olympic gold medal).

This led me back to study the Louis Vuitton ad, and golly if I didn’t take a long gander at that $1,525 Keepall logo bag in the photo.

By drawing me to dive deeper into its world, this ad stands out in the sea of largely unmemorable fashion and luxury ads that rely on nudity or shock value to grab a split-second of our scattered attention.

They’re churned out by rote. “It’s just art direction of the photograph, and then you slap the logo on,” says Jan Wilker, partner at KarlssonWilker Inc., an innovative New York design firm that has avoided that formula. It blended London fashions with car bodies for BMW Mini.

Fashion and luxury ads rarely win big ad-industry awards. LG Electronics, Ikea, the World Wildlife Federation, Gatorade, and Toyota have won Clio awards. But despite their substantial volume of ads, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Ralph Lauren – have not, according to the Clio archives.

In an age when so much other advertising is challenging, funny, or entertaining, why is much of the fashion industry relying on stale ideas?

“You don’t win awards for image advertising,” says Lars Bastholm, chief creative officer for Cheil USA, who has previously worked on Louis Vuitton campaigns at Ogilvy & Mather. “Great advertising tends to use humor, and humor doesn’t really have a place in luxury.” Humor brings you down to earth, he explains, while fashion ads sell a dream.

Some players are testing the wink-wink waters. Hansgrohe, the high end plumbing maker, recently advertised its designer Axor line with photos of several configurations of a sink designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. “Feel free to compose,” the ad invites. And that’s exactly what I did, mentally. When an ad captures two minutes of anyone’s time, that’s big.

I’ve not finished pondering that Ali-Vuitton ad. The kid — son of retired boxer Laila Ali and her former NFL hubby Curtis Conroy — is wearing boxing gloves, for instance.

No, says Lonni Ali, Mr. Ali’s wife: the kid doesn’t box. At least not yet. His father, after all, plays football.
blogs.wsj.com

Attachments

• PJ-BH707_FASHIO_E_20120606205341.jpg
    PJ-BH707_FASHIO_E_20120606205341.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63
^ Thanks for posting, fantastic choice, and nice ad.

ITA, :wub: Ali for me is the greatest sportsman of all time he had it all; talent, great looks, personality, sense of humour and class. Never tire of watching or reading his past interviews, they don't make sportsmen like him anymore.

I remember when Muhammad Ali inspired people to proper achievements, but now he's a frail man being paid to convince them to buy an overpriced handbag. They can stick a kid in the shot to try to manipulate my sentiments, but it still stinks.

I don't mind it when companies try to sell stuff with a pretty face or the promise of Italian craftsmanship, but the lengths to which this particular series has gone to package and sell 'authenticity' and 'integrity' has sometimes become completely absurd to me.

Michael Phelps

unrgZ.jpg

GLAMURAMA.UOL.COM.BR

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the one on the sofa ... but Louis Vuitton and Core Values used in the same sentence makes me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->