Louis Vuitton Core Values Luggage and Travel by Annie Leibovitz

There is never anything spectacular or ground breaking about these ads, i do like the most recent ad posted though

i love the honesty of this shot. seriously, this makes me want a vuitton so much more than lara stone languishing in a garbage heap. i guess that makes me old.

Louis Vuitton Core Values Ad Campaign
Models: Annie Leibovitz, Mikhail Baryshnikov
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz

HQs

images sent to be by Louis Vuitton

Official Press Release

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ WITH MIKHAIL BARYSHNIKOV: A UNIQUE SELF-PORTRAIT FOR LOUIS VUITTON

As Louis Vuitton's Core Values advertising campaign enters 2010, Annie Leibovitz, the photographer whose remarkable portraits have greatly contributed to its success, turns her lens upon herself in the company of her long-time friend, the legendary dancer and choreographer Mikhail Baryshnikov.

Never before has an Annie Leibovitz self-portrait appeared in the context of an advertising campaign, and the story behind it is almost as fascinating as the image itself. Over the course of their three-year collaboration on the Core Values campaign, Louis Vuitton and Annie Leibovitz have forged a relationship of mutual trust and respect. Given the photographer's recent personal and financial troubles, Louis Vuitton wished to offer support in the most positive way possible, and suggested that she become the next exceptional personality to feature in the Core Values campaign. Annie Leibovitz was touched and flattered, and accepted on the condition that the self-portrait should show her alongside one of the stars she has spent her life photographing – her close friend Mikhail Baryshnikov.

One of the foremost dancers of the 20th century, Mikhail Baryshnikov defected from the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War and went on, in the course of an exceptionally long career, to grace the world's greatest stages, before breaking new ground as an artistic director and choreographer. For Louis Vuitton, he is photographed in Annie Leibovitz's New York studio, standing on a box in his dancer's uniform of black T- shirt and trousers, with a subtle spotlight falling on his uniquely gifted feet. Annie Leibovitz sits on the floor nearby. Next to her is her camera, from which she is rarely parted, and a Louis Vuitton Neverfull holdall in Monogram canvas packed with books on dance. The tagline reads: "The journey of a star captured in a flash".

Antoine Arnault, Head of Communications at Louis Vuitton, comments: "We have the greatest respect and admiration for Annie Leibovitz, both as a person and as a professional. We were delighted to be able to offer her our support in troubled times, and she has responded like the consummate artist she is, with a truly exceptional image which – with its association of photography and dance – once again broadens the scope of our Core Values campaign."

The new Core Values visual will appear in the February 2010 issues of international titles. A film evoking the encounter between Annie Leibovitz and Mikhail Baryshnikov will go on line from 11th February at louisvuittonjourneys.com, preceded by an exclusive press preview from 1st February (louisvuittonjourneyspress.com). The film can also be accessed via the Louis Vuitton corporate website louisvuitton.com.

Lovely photos....could they PLEASE change the name?
Core Values? Come on :rolleyes::sick:

The latest one:
Pelé, Maradona and Zidane - The Saint Trinity of the Football
veq7gh.jpg

marca.com

Video here.

other version of pele,maradona,zidane by Annie Leibovitz

On their website louisvuittonjourneys.com

this video on youtube:

source louis vuitton, louisvuittonjourneys.com & youtube

^I´m happy to see Zinedine, hope he wins lol

I really like this campaign. Just the z.z. on the bag, gives them something very personal. Hopefull z.z. will win.

2uhwmjp.jpg

Louis Vuitton racked up a slew of firsts with its latest “Core Values” ad campaign, featuring Bono and his wife, Ali Hewson.

For starters, it’s the first time the U2 front man has appeared in an ad without his band, and the first time a label other than Vuitton is getting a fashion credit.

Instead of Vuitton, the two wear Edun, the ethical clothing label they founded in 2005 to encourage trade with Africa, and in which LVMH took a 49 percent stake last year. What’s more, Hewson totes a handbag co-designed by Edun and Vuitton that comes dangling with a special charm that is the French firm’s first made-in-Africa product. (It’s also sold separately.)

The image of Bono and Hewson disembarking from a small airplane in an arid South African vista — with the tag line “Every journey began in Africa” — is slated to break in mid-September in a range of daily newspapers, October magazines and on louisvuittonjourneys.com. The collaboration also will dovetail with an event during Paris Fashion Week, when Vuitton and Edun will unveil Africa Rising, a temporary exhibition of contemporary African art along with a showcase for the campaign and Edun’s spring collection. Bono and Hewson are expected to attend.

Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s director of communications, said Edun’s presence in a Vuitton campaign would give the small brand — and its mission to eradicate poverty through sustainable enterprise in Africa — international exposure.

wwd / august 30, 2010

wow Bono AND Vuitton?

i'm surprised

the Made In Africa charm has potential to be interesting tho!

Does anyone know how could I get the posters/images for personal use? I would like to use it @ home in a hallway, we live in a old art noveau house and it would be ideal :-)

depending on the size you could get HQs from here and print them out at some print shop, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->