Louis Vuitton Core Values Luggage and Travel by Annie Leibovitz

for 75 cm you need at least 3000 pixel resolution, otherwise the quality of the poster is crap (own experience). Maybe they answer to mails... worth a try

The core values campaign is just brilliant... I always look forward to seeing who will be featured next. Although I never though Bono would be one to do such a thing, however it is supporting his wife's project and you never know what men will do for love! :smile:

Although they look a bit lost, as if they've forgotten that the factory has moved to China.

It's like those Gucci ads that show you vintage shots of the Italian workroom where once upon a time, their products were produced from start to finish. Or the Burberry ones that sell a vision of England via products manufactured overseas. Or the Vuitton one where the female model is shown putting the finishing touches to an item, perhaps with the implicit guarantee that "no ugly people were employed during the making of your handbag".

It's as if... the more that we become aware of the realities behind global manufacturing, the more these fashion campaigns contort themselves to produce this strange insistence on an artificial authenticity. We love ads for their fantasy, that's what they're all about. But to me, sometimes they start to stray towards the absurd.

Ugh Im dying over the Catherine Deneuve ad. It is so simple but classy. The new campaigns with Bono and his wife are interesting and I'm glad they are doing something for a good cause.

jolievuitton.jpg

She’s barefoot, wearing her own clothes, no makeup and toting her own elegantly weathered monogrammed Alto bag. Yet Angelina Jolie looks radiant and completely in her element, reclining on a wooden boat in a verdant, lakeside landscape in Cambodia’s Siem Reap province. Jolie discovered the country in 2000 when she filmed “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider,” and it sparked her humanitarian activism.

She’s the latest celebrity to pose for Louis Vuitton’s popular “Core Values” campaign — and surely the only one who brought four children to the photo shoot, some of whom had to be shooed out of Annie Leibovitz’s frame.

“People are not used to seeing Angelina in this situation,” said Pietro Beccari, Vuitton’s executive vice president, unveiling the image exclusively to WWD. “I like the fact that it’s a real moment. This travel message we give through personal journeys is a fundamental one for the brand.”

The ad is slated to break in the International Herald Tribune on Wednesday, followed by a range of news, general interest and lifestyle publications, including Vanity Fair.

Beccari declined to disclose budgets for the media buy, or comment on reports Vuitton paid the American actress millions for the shoot. He would only say Jolie donated an undisclosed portion of her fees to a charity.

The campaign is expected to run for at least 18 months alongside a few other recent “core values” personalities, including Bono and Sean Connery. Vuitton introduced the advertising concept in 2007 as a way to trumpet its travel roots and showcase its perennial monogrammed leather goods as a balance to its fashion-driven marketing — and to reach a broader audience. Other personalities who have posed for Vuitton include Mikhail Gorbachev, Keith Richards and Catherine Deneuve.

Also on Wednesday, Vuitton plans to post a teaser on its Web site, louisvuittonjourneys.com/cambodia, foreshadowing an interview with Jolie that will be posted later in the month. In it, she is expected to discuss how her visit to Cambodia was a life-changing experience, awakening her to the plight of Third World countries. She adopted her eldest son, Maddox, from Cambodia and she and husband Brad Pitt established the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation, which is active in community development and conservation in the country.

“This campaign is about a very special person and a very special journey,” Beccari said.

And a storied handbag. Beccari showed off several paparazzi shots of Jolie toting the Alto carryall, which is believed to be at least six years old. The style is no longer in production, but “we are considering to re-edit it,” Beccari noted. - WWD

So Angelina shot a campaign with non-LV clothes and a discontinued LV purse? Sounds like a great (advertising?) campaign to me!

I can't believe this company spent the reported $10 million on her and then cheaped out on their F/W collection. :unsure: There can be the argument that this Core Values campaign extends and promotes the brand image, but with a brand as established as LV is, I don't know if that's actually necessary. People will buy Louis Vuitton regardless if Angelina is in a campaign or not.

The company should be putting their advertising budget toward CURRENT and PURCHASABLE products (i.e. F/W), and not this. This is all IMHO of course. :smile:

I would love that campaign image much more if it didn't look so photoshopped. They should have kept it raw and it would possibly have looked amazing.

And yeah, I agree, it's weird they're solely advertising the brand and not any products. But I doubt the broad masses would care. A lot of people are just really after a monogram bag, no matter what size or model it is.

I think its a truly stunning photo of Jolie, and i love the fact she is wearing her own stuff, but no make-up? It sure looks like it to me, but whatever, she still looks naturally beautiful. I love their Core Values ads.

imo she works really well for the campaign, cause she has been seen carrying that tote for years now already, and isn't this was Vuitton is trying to be about these days? buying something to be used for years?

and after she wasn't in the F/W campaign, i expected to see her in the Core Values campaign.

That landscape is so wild and beautiful, it makes me want to give my money to a conservation charity, rather than waste it on some designer item.

That landscape is so wild and beautiful, it makes me want to give my money to a conservation charity, rather than waste it on some designer item.
Same here :lol: Jolie looks amazing, I don't get the need of photoshop with her, I guess I never will. That being said it's a beautiful picture.

Just a beautiful photograph I always love annie's work and her vision for LV core values

oh man, gorgeous picture!

i beg to differ on the 'no makeup' stuff though...:rolleyes:

i really have to hand it to LV. they took a bold directon with this having her use her own bag, a style no longer available. but it really speaks to the market right now IMHO. to use the thing you have, and not purchase more luxury goods for disposable use.

I think this harkens back to the pictures of audrey hepburn and her speedy. she actually used the thing in her lifestyle, and that to me is what made it ever so chic. we haven't had that in the last 10 years. LV was about plastered logo's, rap stars layering the monogram on everything....it cheapened it. This for me brings LV back to what I did love about it before it was completely and utterly overexposed.

So Angelina shot a campaign with non-LV clothes and a discontinued LV purse? Sounds like a great (advertising?) campaign to me!

I can't believe this company spent the reported $10 million on her and then cheaped out on their F/W collection. :unsure: There can be the argument that this Core Values campaign extends and promotes the brand image, but with a brand as established as LV is, I don't know if that's actually necessary. People will buy Louis Vuitton regardless if Angelina is in a campaign or not.

The company should be putting their advertising budget toward CURRENT and PURCHASABLE products (i.e. F/W), and not this. This is all IMHO of course. :smile:

it's not whether or not people will buy louis vuitton, but whether they can convince MORE people to buy louis vuitton. and i'd bargain that they will make more money off this one bag next season than from all of the ready-to-wear fantasies marc jacobs sent trotting down the runway. while i find myself flabbergasted at the alleged ten million dollar fee paid angelina to pose in this campaign, i will say that it fits in perfectly with the other 'core values' ads that have featured former heads of state, astronauts, top-tier musicians, et al. and, if i'm not mistaken, they all wore their own clothes as well.

that is such beautiful photo. the setting and tone of colors is just lovely.
I like the striped downness of the photo

Core Values ads never focus on the current season items... it is usually the monogram bags that are shown as timeless pieces. They are targeting established or "core" customers as well as trying to build new ones, which is why they only feature celebrities in these ads

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->