Louis Vuitton "Alma" : Karlie, Daria, Jac and Iris by Steven Klein

dsamg

Reaction score
A RIVER RUNS UNDER IT: Louis Vuitton is giving its dome-shaped Alma bag, created in 1934, its very own campaign. Slated to break in an array of May magazines, starting this week with British Elle, the ads come with the tag line “Chic on the bridge” and focus on landmark spans in Paris, New York and Shanghai.

Steven Klein shot four models who make up a glamorous gang — Karlie Kloss, Daria Strokous, Jac Jagaciak and Iris Strubegger — with hair by Julien d’Ys, makeup by Peter Philips and styling by Ludivine Poiblanc.

The four women wear looks from Vuitton’s pre-fall collection and carry bags in colors that are emblematic of the cities depicted: taxicab yellow for New York, French blue for Paris and lacquer red for China. A final nighttime image in Paris features a rainbow selection of Alma bags in Epi leather.

Created by Gaston-Louis Vuitton, the Alma bag was originally dubbed the Squire and was rechristened Champs-Élysées before settling on its current name. Vuitton considers it an enduring symbol of elegance “à la française.”

The bridge campaign dovetails with Vuitton’s recent “Invitation to travel” ads, which feature model Arizona Muse visiting the Louvre museum and escaping in a hot air balloon. It will run concurrent with Vuitton’s spring fashion campaign and its “core values” spots.

According to market sources, Vuitton ultimately plans to wind down the current iteration of core-values advertising: The latest series was launched in 2007 with Catherine Deneuve; Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf, and Mikhail Gorbachev in separate situations with Vuitton luggage.

memo-lv02.jpg
memo-lv03.jpg
memo-lv01.jpg

wwd

Too much photoshop and very bad fake background, very amateur to LV

I quite like it. Love the cast, and Daria is growing on me. I'm so glad she lost that 'Baby Uma" thing about her look. And where'd Iris come from??

How random is Iris? I hope this means she is preparing a comeback.

Daria is proving to be quite the versatile model but I'd prefer her at Dior rather than LV. And yes, the photoshop job is ridiculous and quite obvious.

I find the images to be very cute, despite the obvious photoshopping :blush:
That bag is just delicious, I must admit.
Daria, Jac & Karlie look awesome and make a great team. Iris, however, is totally random and I don't see how she fits in with the rest. It should have just been the first three imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the description before actual campaign shots I was waiting some gorgeous location shots. What do I get? Lousy placing of gorgeous models in front of fake backgrounds. It is so obvious it must be intentional, I just don`t get the reasoning.

Bad, looking fake and feels a bit like the Dior spring/summer campaign, this is the dark version!

:heart: the image with Iris and Jac, presumably there is another frame of that image that shows the bags better. The first image showcases the bags very well.

What I don't care for with the first two images - the yellow and the blue, is the models expressions. The expressions look off, especially Daria's who has been great in other campaigns. I wonder if they were going for a similar vibe to the Bottega Veneta S/S 2011 campaign by Alex Prager and they just did not pull it off.

Honestly if this were a lesser brand I would probably find the first two images more acceptable, but I expect more from LV.

I must be the only one happy to see Iris lol, her and Jac are the only ones doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->