Louis Vuitton 'Capucines' Handbags 2023 : Zendaya by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

The contract must have been fabulous to leave her quite fabulous position as the only real worldwide Ambassador of Valentino.

Curious to know who styled it. Historically, Carine has been behind the classic Vuitton campaigns…
If Law Roach is behind it, it would be a first for the brand to work with the artist’s stylist.

‘Anyway great styling and good photo for a bag I don’t care about.

Much better than the Meisel campaigns. She looks good!

honestly i made posher photos on my iphone from my friends standing on a rooftop.... just saying..

At the moment, advertising in general is so mediocre, it causes problems when companies try to market 'investment pieces'. If the advert doesn't have the right production values, it falls flat. Instead of selling you the dream of something rich and timeless, everything becomes one-dimensional and the bag remains boring.

Hiring someone as impossibly beautiful as Zendaya is a step towards trying to infuse the bag with something more than the ordinary, but aside from her beauty, no other effort has been made.

I think Zendaya is a better model than most of her celebrity peers (and perhaps a better model than some currently popular models) but I don't understand why brands don't understand that celebrity ambassadors and endorsements are so much less effective when a celebrity switches from brand to brand in rapid succession or even represent multiple brands simultaneously. One minute you're a dyed in the wool Valentino and Bulgari girlie and the next you're hawking Louis Vuitton. It devalues the association and breaks the illusion that there's an ongoing relationship between celebrity (muse?) and designer/brand. It's too transparent/transactional to work. The more effective celebrity partnerships are the ones that last and feel exclusive. Natalie Portman and Dior. Keira Knightley and Chanel. So I hope for LV's sake they set up a long term and exclusive contract with Zendaya, because it's going to take a while for people to associate her with the brand. And I hope the future ads will be more inspired.

I think Zendaya is a better model than most of her celebrity peers (and perhaps a better model than some currently popular models) but I don't understand why brands don't understand that celebrity ambassadors and endorsements are so much less effective when a celebrity switches from brand to brand in rapid succession or even represent multiple brands simultaneously. One minute you're a dyed in the wool Valentino and Bulgari girlie and the next you're hawking Louis Vuitton. It devalues the association and breaks the illusion that there's an ongoing relationship between celebrity (muse?) and designer/brand. It's too transparent/transactional to work. The more effective celebrity partnerships are the ones that last and feel exclusive. Natalie Portman and Dior. Keira Knightley and Chanel. So I hope for LV's sake they set up a long term and exclusive contract with Zendaya, because it's going to take a while for people to associate her with the brand. And I hope the future ads will be more inspired.
This kinda reflects fashion itself nowadays...disposable, replaceable.

The location would have been ok with maybe a multi model cast advertising clothes but a handbag on the rooftop:thinking:

She had some great moments with Valentino actually serving like a professional model, but here, it's just a celebrity bagging the money.

Never truly understood the hype surrounding Zendaya and I was never an admirer of the advertising campaigns she done for Valentino. This for Louis Vuitton, however, I have a feeling I'm going to rather love - it's bold, graphic and I'm already sat here wanting more.

its just nothing, very nothinh ... lets wait for more images... but the real problem here is the designer, he is overcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->