Louis Vuitton F/W 2024.25 Paris

Loved everything, with just few looks here and there it could do without and those ugly gloves. Love the furs. As commendable as his friendship with MAS is, I wish he could partner with other stylists.

this was a good collection with the right balance between styles.
the dresses were my favourite items, they looked stunning.

congratulations NG on your 10 years tenure, it’s been a ride (with really bad collections and some good ones)!

Wonderful! He is still the king of fashion, sorry if you don't like it, you just need to deal! Not afraid to take risks and have fun with fashion.

I honestly think this is one of my favourite collections of his at LV. Very little I disliked; I can even appreciate the experimentation with those douchey/hypebeast rabbit ear beanie hats and the oversize fur.

As has been mentioned already, he clearly referenced a lot his past work for both Vuitton and Balenciaga (I was trying to remember which season those fur mittens were from; I swore they appeared in a few eds around F/W 07 but perhaps it was a few years later then...)

All of the coats and jackets, especially the sculpted ones that felt a bit F/W 08 were supreme but my favourite looks were the feathery dresses towards the end, just beautiful :heart:. What a great way to celebrate a decade at the brand, congrats Nicolas!

The fact that Ghesquiere shows so many collections per year and we still for the majority see product on display in the stores that has little to do with the two main runway shows plays a large reason why I’m not interested in his Vuitton as much as I had been in his Balenciaga. It’s a similar thing with the store design, the menswear being done by another designer and the fact that the products probably selling the most at this house are ones that are not attributed to any of their creative directors.

As one of the industry‘s most visionary creators still working, it would have only befitted him to be at a place where he has creative control over every little detail of brand, similar to when Hedi took on Saint Laurent - And yet, the largest brands existing today (Dior, Vuitton and Chanel) do not provide that much influence to their creative directors.

A very fun and flirtatious collection! Also fairly streamlined too, there's less bulk to be had with the silhouettes.

Love those embroidered frock coats and cropped jackets/boleros. The texture is fantastic, and is kind of tacky with all it's tinsel looking glory but I can't help but love it. And those textured feathery dresses at the end move like a dream. Same goes for the skirts in looks 38 and 39 that remind me of the Dior Fall 2003 Flamenco section skirts.

The gloves I do not care for. Should of just grabbed them all and used the fur/hair to make another set of jackets with them. Or used them as trimming to other pieces. The trunk dresses are a fun call back (can't believe it's been 10 years...) but don't really work well in here. Frankly, it is a slightly out of sync collection, but the trunk dresses stick out the most. Maybe in a more muted palette they could work.

It's a big accomplishment being a designer holding a job for 10 years these days! I agree with tricotineacetat tho I wish he could have the whole thing. Imagine walking into a store of his design 😍 he deserves that.

Stellar show (no pun intended)!

Nicolas can be so very proud of himself! And he really looked happy as he took his bow.
So very, very well deserved.
Against all odds and a lot of criticism (also here from left and right) he managed to keep his calm (and also wild) to go his way, never bended down to the suits and zeitgeist to make his collections more streamlined or accessible for the masses.

He always sets the trends fpr the coming seasons. We just had to wait and see. Sometimes a bit longer thn usual....

All in all i am very happy that we have him at the top of a luxury house that gives him all the freedom (and the money too). He's one of the last designers with an own handwriting all over his designs. Always true to himself. But also true to his fans, because he delivers. Again and again. And this time he smashed it even.

To the next amazing 10 years at LV (after that he might be ready for Chanel... haha)

Nicolas finally got his mojo back at Vuitton!! Both 2024 collections have been pretty decent

You can tell he is running out of ideas...yes, I get this is a 10 years collection at LV...but then, why the literal references to his past at Balenciaga?? Those suits from f/w 2012 are the only things I like from here (but then again, they are not part of his LV work).

PS. The trunk prints are something you can expect from Pharrell...but from NG???

He should treat every collection like it’s his 10 year anniversary so we can continue to receive beautiful clothes like this.

Man whoever selects the detailed pics to put on their site f*cking sucks. There's so much I wanted to see that was discarded.

source: theimpression.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->