Louis Vuitton 'Les Parfums' 2016 : Léa Seydoux by Patrick Demarchelier

Avogadro

Reaction score
NATURAL BEAUTY: Léa Seydoux goes back to nature in the advertising for Louis Vuitton’s new perfume collection, which was photographed by Patrick Demarchelier in South Africa.

He shot the French actress at Lone Creek Falls near Sabie in Mpumalanga. In one black-and-white image, Seydoux stands in front of the waterfall, while in another, more up-close color photo, she holds a delicate pink flower.

Marie-Amélie Sauvé served as stylist for the campaign, while Damien Boissinot headed up hair and Christelle Cocquet was the makeup artist.

“Louis Vuitton is about travel, but it’s also about dreams. Its spirit blends adventure, discovery and emotion,” stated Seydoux.

The 31-year-old recently played the James Bond girl in “Spectre” and won the Golden Palm at the Cannes Film Festival in 2013 for her role in “Blue is the Warmest Color.” Seydoux’s next silver-screen appearance will be in “It’s Only the End of the World,” directed by Xavier Dolan, who has fronted men’s wear campaigns for Vuitton.

The label’s fragrance ads are due to break in October magazine issues and the Sept. 15 editions of daily newspapers around the globe.

As reported, Vuitton is journeying back into the world of perfumes 90 years after the launch of its first two fragrances — Heures d’absence from 1927 and Je, Tu, Il from 1928. Called Les Parfums, the new offer is a collection of seven women’s scents that were created by in-house master perfumer Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud, who was given carte blanche for the project by parent company LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton.

“I wanted to celebrate women and their universal values — femininity in the world,” he said during the press launch in Paris. “I think that perfumes have to be back in luxury.”

The new Vuitton scents are to be sold starting today in some 200 of Vuitton’s stores worldwide. Flowers take center stage in the line of eaux de parfum, which includes Rose des Vents, Turbulences, Dans La Peau, Apogée, Contre Moi, Matière Noire and Mille Feux. Each is meant to correspond to a different olfactive journey.

Vuitton also has five pop-up units in the works, in Paris, London, Seoul and Dubai, to showcase its return to the perfumery business.

wwd

The picture is really beautiful and Léa looks so good but if i saw it alone i would've never guessed it was for Louis Vuitton. They need more coherence between their multiple lines.
Anyway i'm happy that it's Léa and not Selena Gomez (such a weird ambassador for LV)

Love Lea and seeing her in ads and she looks lovely, but I think I would like the image more if her lips and the flower were closer colour-wise to the bottle colour. That fuchsia really jars for me.

I don't like the lip color but otherwise great ad !

Looks like Demarchelier's Pirelli calendar, which is old.

Absolutely beautiful photos but would be better without that flower.

I really don't like it.

I expected something similar to Hermes perfume ads, the Balenciaga Gainsbourg perfume ad or even their past Values campaigns. Something dreamy, soft and evocative without being In Your Face.

This is too trendy and harsh. I really don't like it.

Absolutely beautiful photos but would be better without that flower.

I like the nod to the monogram pattern with the use of that four-petalled flower, although I hate the artificial colouring of it.

For a debut fragrance campaign I guess I had bigger expectations but I admit the imagery is nice it just doesn't scream Louis Vuitton.

The picture is really beautiful and Léa looks so good but if i saw it alone i would've never guessed it was for Louis Vuitton. They need more coherence between their multiple lines.

Agreed!! It's almost too beautiful and calming for Vuitton, who's all about realism and construction nowadays. I do feel like neither of these shots are suitable for a scent. The waterfall one is too zoomed out, and the close-up looks more beauty collection than fragrance.

Nobody would use neon pink in such AD, there's obviously something wrong with the image posted on WWD. These are the right colors:

fashiontimes.it

What's so wrong with neon pink, you guys? :lol: You'll want to have a look at what that garish MAC turns out season after season. Like I said, these shots would be more effective as a beauty collection.

The updated shot looks great as well, thanks for posting. Very subdued, and it's closer to the bottle now. It looks like we can expect a campaign for each scent, should be interesting.

And for those of you who are really into fragrances, Beauty Scene have a rough rundown on the different notes of the 7 scents:

http://www.beautyscene.net/beauty-campaign/lea-seydoux-les-parfums-louis-vuitton/

They're using just these pics (plus another one) with different perfumes. As you Benn98 I thought we'll have a campaign for each perfume but I'm not sure about it now. For what I know in December, around Christmas, there will be a movie AD - with stunt and all, a big thing.

louisvuitton.com

They're using just these pics (plus another one) with different perfumes. As you Benn98 I thought we'll have a campaign for each perfume but I'm not sure about it now. For what I know in December, around Christmas, there will be a movie AD - with stunt and all, a big thing.

Awww, really?? What a wasted opportunity! Even from a marketing perspective it makes no sense, they shouldn't have released all of it at once then. Every scent have different notes, to use the same mood throughout would just be lazy.

Awww, really?? What a wasted opportunity! Even from a marketing perspective it makes no sense, they shouldn't have released all of it at once then. Every scent have different notes, to use the same mood throughout would just be lazy.

yup, see:

doloresfancy.blogspot

I do agree with you. Even on LV's Instagram account you have previews of the different scents with different materials/inspirations/moods, so I was really hoping to see seven different campaigns, one for each perfume. Now I have the feeling that the print campaign will be this with a few more pics, then the movie will be divided in 7 different scenes and moods. The whole thing took at least a month and they moved from Spain to South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->