Louis Vuitton Nazi Scandal

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:shock: fresh from the pages of the Guardian UK newspaper :shock:

The luxury goods company Louis Vuitton collaborated with the Nazis during the German occupation of France in the second world war, according to a new book.
A French author has uncovered previously unpublished details of the firm's support for the Vichy regime which was responsible for the deportation of French Jews to German concentration camps.

The book, Louis Vuitton, A French Saga, says members of the Vuitton family actively supported the puppet government led by Marshal Philippe Pétain and made money from their business dealings with the Germans.

Its author, Stephanie Bonvicini, says she made the discovery while researching the rags-to-riches story of the firm's founder, Louis Vuitton, to mark its 150th anniversary this year.

Louis Vuitton's LV-embossed suitcases and bags are popular with a wealthy and famous clientele including the Beckhams, the models Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell, and the actors Sharon Stone and Elizabeth Hurley.

The company is now owned by the LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët-Hennessy) group, which recently opened two huge stores in Paris and New York

for the whole article click here to read

oh my :shock: :shock: :o :o
but then agaiin im not an LV fan now and i never was an LV fan...

I always knew they were superioric,conglomerate Nazis but never this....however,during those years nothing would surprise me. As horrendous as it may be.

I wouldn't make that much out of it...IG Farben, Volkswagen, Bavaria Motor Werken etc all majorly donated to the Nazis....

A spokesman for LVMH said last night: "This is ancient history. The book covers a period when it was family-run and long before it became part of LVMH. We are diverse, tolerant and all the things a modern company should be." /QUOTE] (emphasis mine)

It's good to hear :wink:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:52 am
there's nothing like a scandal in fashion
like this will stop any woman carrying her bag.

BTW, IBM helped Nazis too.

:lol: I was about to mention IBM but faust beat me to the punch. Ok, everyone stop using your computers NOW.

I am not particulary fond of the idea of Nazi collboration (and that is an understatement). However It's probably not terribly awful or unheard of for a major western european company to make dealings with the most prominent goverment/military power on the contienent.

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:07 pm
I am not particulary fond of the idea of Nazi collboration (and that is an understatement). However It's probably not terribly awful or unheard of for a major western european company to make dealings with the most prominent goverment/military power on the contienent.
ditto!
ive heard loads of similar "shocking" stories. nothing that would make me feel uneasy. :unsure:
tnx Lena for sharing. :flower: . i was considering buying the book a few weeks back already :innocent:

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:07 am
Oh wow my grammar and typos are awful.

amusing...since the vast majority of the women i know and have known...(mostly from Long Island) who carry LV and own several...are jewish...isn't it ironic...

its not that it will stop people from wearing LV but ..admit it guys,
this is not the best kind of publicity right?

the fact that a lot of companies helped the Nazis doesnt make
their 'collaborations' any hollier - i hope.
i've heard so many times about Chanel's Nazi relationships,
so at least now i can voice back the name Louis Vuitton :P

So many people were suckered into following the Nazi regime... you can't really condemn a company for decisions made 50 years ago by entirely different management. Now, if they incorporate swasticas into their monogram for Spring/Summer '05, then I'll have something to say.

i actually think the swastika is a gorgeous symbol...too bad it was appropriated by hate mongering psychos...now we all have to avoid it... :innocent: :ninja:

the confederate flag in the US is similar...it's really beautiful...but it's now associated with slavery and the KKK....so nobody wants to be associated with it...such a shame... :blush:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 3:58 pm
i actually think the swastika is a gorgeous symbol...too bad it was appropriated by hate mongering psychos...now we all have to avoid it... :innocent: :ninja:

the confederate flag in the US is similar...it's really beautiful...but it's now associated with slavery and the KKK....so nobody wants to be associated with it...such a shame... :blush:
And don't forget the Hitler moustache..

But that's a fashion no-no anyways :wink:

I think this is all in the past. There isn't evidence of them being pro-neo-Nazis now, so I think they should be forgiven for past mistakes. Just like all the messengers and anyone else who was involved with the Nazis. Hitler was very powerful and influential and as awful as his ideas were, I can't blame people for following him. His charisma was unmatched.

This all is very interesting though. :innocent:

Not really a huge scandal.

Dr Porche was a Nazi, you may as well burn your 911 Carrera right now :innocent:

Coco Chanel was a Nazi collaborator as well... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->