Louis Vuitton Nazi Scandal

so whats your point guys? :blink:

should we send a 'thank you for collaborating with the Nazis' note to the LVMH gang? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 11:11 am
amusing...since the vast majority of the women i know and have known...(mostly from Long Island) who carry LV and own several...are jewish...isn't it ironic...
I know what you mean, it's the same as all the Jewish women in my neighborhood owning Mercedes and BMWs, now I can add LV to the list.......gotta love it!

I don't really understand why this is being brought up. What is being accomplished by it?

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 11:54 pm
so whats your point guys?  :blink:

should we send a 'thank you for collaborating with the Nazis' note to the LVMH gang?    :rolleyes:
Not at all Lena. I'll just agree with you and avoid making this political :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:54 pm

should we send a 'thank you for collaborating with the Nazis' note to the LVMH gang? :rolleyes:
as far as i know...lena...lvmh is no longer owned by the vuitton family...right?...so maybe the note should go to the folks who actually participated in the activities with the nazis...no? :wink: :flower:

oh god what if there was a swastika monogram bag...and truchs.

oh man that would be awful.

Originally posted by Scott@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 6:40 am
I always knew they were superioric,conglomerate Nazis but never this....however,during those years nothing would surprise me. As horrendous as it may be.
:innocent: to true

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 6:16 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 6:16 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:54 pm

as far as i know...lena...lvmh is no longer owned by the vuitton family...right?...so maybe the note should go to the folks who actually participated in the activities with the nazis...no? :wink: :flower: [/b][/quote]
good point, it's not like Arnault or Marc Jacobs have anything to do with this.

Originally posted by loserunit@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 6:56 pm
oh god what if there was a swastika monogram bag...and truchs.

oh man that would be awful.
I can just see the knockoffs now... key fobs and all... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Spike413+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 7:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 7:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 6:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Lena
@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:54 pm
so whats your point guys?  :blink:

should we send a 'thank you for collaborating with the Nazis' note to the LVMH gang?    :rolleyes:

as far as i know...lena...lvmh is no longer owned by the vuitton family...right?...so maybe the note should go to the folks who actually participated in the activities with the nazis...no? :wink: :flower:
good point, it's not like Arnault or Marc Jacobs have anything to do with this. [/b][/quote]
While the new designers, executives, ect. that control LVMH have not had anything to do with the Nazis, the name Louis Vuitton is now in some way associated with one of the most monstrous regimes of all time.

And I don't think there is anything innocent about collaborating with Nazis :ninja: There is a war on and you want to keep producing luggage, keep the money you have and make more $$- of course you would make deals with the H-man and his cronies? I don't find that a logical descision. It's far from being ancient history- years is not that long of a time.

Maybe I have closer ties to the Nazi's destruction that many of you have. By BF's grandmother and her cousin were the only two members of their entire family to leave Austria alive during the war :cry:

Has LV ever issued an apology for their actions? It doesn't matter if no one that was actually involved is still around or not. LV is promoting their name (more than anything else IMO). So they like to highlight the "history" of their name and its enduring craftsmanship, ect, while sweeping this bit of their history under the rug. I thinks its :yuk:

Thank you eloes, you always seem to express just what I'm feeling. I didn't want to say anything, but I find it a bit disturbing that you can all joke about this... :ninja:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:07 pm
And I don't think there is anything innocent about collaborating with Nazis :ninja: There is a war on and you want to keep producing luggage, keep the money you have and make more $$- of course you would make deals with the H-man and his cronies? I don't find that a logical descision. It's far from being ancient history- years is not that long of a time.

Do you not own a computer? Because what IBM did to support the Nazis is much worse and I don't see anyone throwing away their computers over it. They actually made the machines that recorded the number of jews and others (such as homosexuals, other non-white people and jewish supporters) held in concentration camps on a series of punchcards. That's way worse than selling them a few pieces of luggage. Plus it's a known fact that many governments in both Europe and North America turned a blind eye towards how the nazis were treating the Jews at the beginning of the war. They all new that something was going on but didn't know the extremity of the situation. It just doesn't make sense to throw blame around at this point.

Originally posted by banana+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paprika_hiccup@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:07 pm
And I don't think there is anything innocent about collaborating with Nazis :ninja: There is a war on and you want to keep producing luggage, keep the money you have and make more $$- of course you would make deals with the H-man and his cronies? I don't find that a logical descision.  It's far from being ancient history- years is not that long of a time.

Do you not own a computer? Because what IBM did to support the Nazis is much worse and I don't see anyone throwing away their computers over it. They actually made the machines that recorded the number of jews and others (such as homosexuals, other non-white people and jewish supporters) held in concentration camps on a series of punchcards. That's way worse than selling them a few pieces of luggage. Plus it's a known fact that many governments in both Europe and North America turned a blind eye towards how the nazis were treating the Jews at the beginning of the war. They all new that something was going on but didn't know the extremity of the situation. It just doesn't make sense to throw blame around at this point. [/b][/quote]
I am fully aware of IBM's involvement within Hilter's concentration camps. That said, I'm also not impressed by the "everyone else was doing it" excuse. I don't know what you are trying to say- what does IBM have to do with LV?

I am not talking about blame here, I am talking about accepting responsilibity for the company whose name you are continuing to propigate.

paprika_hiccup wrote...Has LV ever issued an apology for their actions? It doesn't matter if no one that was actually involved is still around or not. LV is promoting their name (more than anything else IMO). So they like to highlight the "history" of their name and its enduring craftsmanship, ect, while sweeping this bit of their history under the rug. I thinks its :yuk: [/QUOTE]

that's a good point...i didn't think of it that way...they are profiting from the name...hmmm...

however...i still don't think it's fair though to expect innocent people to accept responsibility for the actions of others...especially actions so heinous...i don't think you would like to be blamed for some of the hideous stuff our gov't does in the name of our country... and you are profiting form their actions by having the freedoms and luxuries we all have in this country...

it's an unfortunate fact...but the people should be punished ...not the company...imo...

I don't own any LV bags. And yes I have a PC but so does everyone else on TFS who doesn't use a mac. I really don't see the point in this discussion. What "responsiblity" do you want us to admit to? Why slam only one company over their collaboration with the Nazis and not others? It doesn't make any sense.

Whenever a brand is no longer trendy among a certain group they seem to make up some sort of ethical reason why they should no longer be supported. It's like all those people who boycotted the GAP over their use of child labour yet they would wear clothes by other companies who do the exact same thing. If you don't like LV for your own reasons, fine. But don't sit at your IBM computer complaining about how people shouldn't be supporting the Nazis.

Well said Paprika*.

And to add,we're also talking about the most horrific mass murder in our history. You want to make a joke about that? You can't just pardon something because its history or because everybody is was doing it at the time--there's no excuse for contributing to something so horrible.

Banana,see now,you're trying start up trouble just for the sake of your arguement which doesn't make sense to me? First,I didn't think IBM was the only maker of computers and second,records are one thing but when one actually contributes in helping the 'cause'(which that article clearly stated)it doesn't do much for that arguement...at least not for me. I'm not saying that what they did was any more correct but actually helping to bring French-Jews to concentration camps....I don't think so.

Hum ... awful, indeed!
So many companies involved!
Remember how even the Catholic church played stupid when the Nazi events took place?

Originally posted by blumarine@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:46 pm
Remember how even the Catholic church played stupid when the Nazi events took place?
They didn't just play stupid, they were involved. Remember Hilter's Pope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->