Louis Vuitton Nazi Scandal

well maybe if the word gets out and all the rich suburban teenagers will opt for a new way of spending mom and dads money. as you can see i've never been a fan..

Midori said:
Actually.. i think that time LV wasn't sure at all about what nazis are doing.. Like most people.. -.-

Sorry, but it's a little naive to think they didn't know what was going on...

Midori said:
Actually.. i think that time LV wasn't sure at all about what nazis are doing.. Like most people.. -.-
when it came to the nazis, yes there was a lot of lack of knowledge, but if you wanted to know you could, and a lot people just chose to not believe it and were in denial. especially after the first world war, where the US and other countries put out so much propaganda against the germans that turned out to be false, a lot of people didnt want to believe the atrocities of the holocaust

it is weird to think of LV working for the nazis and being a company so admired by JAPs (and the creative director being marc jacobs). i try to not support companies that have supported the nazi's (i will never drive a mercedes, a chrysler, or a vw, will not shop at ikea, and i use a mac) but its hard. did you know that Heinz made swastica pasta in the forties for nazis? it is at such a large scale of who supported them that its hard to avoid.

that leads to the question of the whole sins of the father idea. do you blame the companies currently because of what happened in the past? i think that if they issued an apology, id feel more at ease with it. but its hard to forgive when i think that it was my ancestors and my people who were being tortured.

the simple fact of the matter is that rich people and people in power are usually willing to do whatever it takes to keep it. i dont find it at all supprising that the company colaberated with the nazis. that's not to say i agree with it but unfortunatly it seems to be the way the world works. boycoting the company for something that was done 50 years ago by people who are now dead seems pretty pointless.

Hitler brainwashed the masses and so it seems that LV tries to ... I mean .. which Jane Dow wudnt want a LV bag?

Anyhow .. if its true .. an apology its mandatory .. if even the catholic church was able to do it for its links with the Nazis, why cant LV?

I honestly don't think LV should have to or be forced into apologizing. Of course it would be nice but like others said they're not the only ones who had Nazi ties, and it was under a completely different mangement.

My friend's grandfather was active in the Nazi Party, should she apologize for his actions? She did nothing wrong, why should she have to/ feel forced to apologize for somebody else?

Not that sweeping it under the rug is the answer, but to say LV were helping Nazis doesn't put it in context.

i dont really see this as a very big deal...hardly anyone in france during that period of time was resisting the nazis..i think french resistance was like 1% of the population

sakina said:
My friend's grandfather was active in the Nazi Party, should she apologize for his actions? She did nothing wrong, why should she have to/ feel forced to apologize for somebody else?

No your friend has nothing to do, but action was taken against the nazis ... this is not like "the original sin", but AS A COMPANY they should take responsibility as the CATHOLIC CHURCH took -as I noted on my past post-

do you not think, as nobody there now is actualy responsable for what happend in 1940s france, an apology would be an empty gesture?

this is not a PERSONAL apology ... its just common etiquette to release one as a COMPANY or INSTITUTION ... yet again ... if the CATHOLIC church did the same WHY cant they?

PS. I think Ill stop posting on the thread altogether to keep on topic ... you may contact me via PM

faust said:
like this will stop any woman carrying her bag.

BTW, IBM helped Nazis too.

or their LV knock-offs!:flower: seriously, this goes way back.there are more important things than exposing a brand that most people cannot afford (and not as innovative, but i digress).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->