Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2021 Paris

LV is making money out of their accessories. nothing more, nothing less because no one is buying this cr*p either it’s overstyled or not.

the colours are nice but it seems like all designers are suddenly playing with colours the same way... oh to be original :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
his photography is a little better and the boots look nice.

that’s all.
You know, even between 10 or 20% of sales that are RTW for a mega brand like Vuitton still matters. Even if it’s not the cash-cow part of the brand, the fact that it’s selling means that they actually can invest more in that.

I’m interested in seeing the financial results of Kering...
BV’s RTW didn’t even reached 5% I think before Daniel Lee, which is very low in contrast to all their brands.

You know, even between 10 or 20% of sales that are RTW for a mega brand like Vuitton still matters. Even if it’s not the cash-cow part of the brand, the fact that it’s selling means that they actually can invest more in that.

I’m interested in seeing the financial results of Kering...
BV’s RTW didn’t even reached 5% I think before Daniel Lee, which is very low in contrast to all their brands.

yes I do know. and I do see it’s importance. LV’s dedication to sell more RTW is so big that they reduced their employees (Sales Assistants) commissions for Accessories and increased the commissions that come from RTW. just this says a lot. they’re forcing it because they obviously want profit.

curious to know if their perfumes revenue is actually good as it’s a ‘recent’ investment.

I see tons of people wearing LV sneakers and leather goods but it’s rarer to see someone wearing LV clothes. whereas for instance if you compare with Gucci, it’s still everywhere... clothes and accessories.

my problem with LV clothes is that apart from a couple of pieces each collection, as a whole, it’s just bad. and the styling doesn’t help.
I found myself watching some ‘older’ LV collections the other day and even some Resort ones like the one Nicholas showed in Brazil and they’re just abysmal.

my dear Nicholas, who at some point was one of favourite designers, needs a reboot.

yes I do know. and I do see it’s importance. LV’s dedication to sell more RTW is so big that they reduced their employees (Sales Assistants) commissions for Accessories and increased the commissions that come from RTW. just this says a lot. they’re forcing it because they obviously want profit.

curious to know if their perfumes revenue is actually good as it’s a ‘recent’ investment.

I see tons of people wearing LV sneakers and leather goods but it’s rarer to see someone wearing LV clothes. whereas for instance if you compare with Gucci, it’s still everywhere... clothes and accessories.

my problem with LV clothes is that apart from a couple of pieces each collection, as a whole, it’s just bad. and the styling doesn’t help.
I found myself watching some ‘older’ LV collections the other day and even some Resort ones like the one Nicholas showed in Brazil and they’re just abysmal.

my dear Nicholas, who at some point was one of favourite designers, needs a reboot.
Gucci is more « available » than LV. They really started to invest in RTW when Nicolas took over and the distribution is very selective compared to Vuitton. It’s not even fair to compare the two operations.

There are people buying those clothes. Obviously the production of the more directional runway collection is smaller than for a cash-grab like this one. The first look is essentially a classic A line dress (similar to many in the stores) worn over a tracksuit.

The distribution of the fragrances is different but it’s working. Actually « Parfumerie de Niche » is a growing part of a lot of fragrances operations. If you pay attention, everybody has their exclusive lines now.

Look at what they did with Celine for example. And those Vuitton perfumes are great...

But that trend Michele started is horrible I must admit. All the collections are very items oriented instead of silhouettes/looks oriented. I think at least the runway shows at Vuitton are quite balanced but when it’s lookbooks, MAS and Nicolas are like crazy!

Gucci is more « available » than LV. They really started to invest in RTW when Nicolas took over and the distribution is very selective compared to Vuitton. It’s not even fair to compare the two operations.

There are people buying those clothes. Obviously the production of the more directional runway collection is smaller than for a cash-grab like this one. The first look is essentially a classic A line dress (similar to many in the stores) worn over a tracksuit.

The distribution of the fragrances is different but it’s working. Actually « Parfumerie de Niche » is a growing part of a lot of fragrances operations. If you pay attention, everybody has their exclusive lines now.

Look at what they did with Celine for example. And those Vuitton perfumes are great...

But that trend Michele started is horrible I must admit. All the collections are very items oriented instead of silhouettes/looks oriented. I think at least the runway shows at Vuitton are quite balanced but when it’s lookbooks, MAS and Nicolas are like crazy!

Gucci is more available indeed but the price point is exactly the same. I do think Gucci is still ‘relaxing’ on its hype but at the same time the investment to keep such hype is immense.

I love LV’s approach regarding their perfumes and advertising included, it comes across extremely chic, simple and classic.

I also agree when it comes to Michele’s aesthetic. but it’s interesting to see that the way his collections are displayed in stores are way more appealing to the eye than what we see on the runway.
we mustn’t forget that, for me at least, Michele’s gift is to design Accessories ( it’s what he was doing already during Frida’s tenure) whereas his RTW it’s a literal copy of other designers...

thank you @Lola701 for all the insights, always a pleasure to read your comments/ answers. :flower:

MAS didn't do justice to the collection at all.
Turns out that the collection is designed in different sections and she just mixed the whole thing together.
The same collection in the website is fabulous and the early pieces that have dropped in the store are classic "more conservative" Ghesquiere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->