Luminous, Dewy and Healthy Looking Makeup

j0s1e267 said:
Clarins Flash Balm works when you have had a hard night :P you know, a hangover, not enough sleep, bad skin - just slather it on before foundation/sunscreen and it helps MU sit better and gives a nice glow.

I was a bit disappointed by Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It doesn't seem to work that much, and it even makes the lines on my forehead more noticable somehow.

Then again, it may be meant for other kind of skin than mine - I'm only 21 and have no aging related skin problems (other than the forehead lines, which I've had since 15), and bought the product to diminish pores and smooth the allover texture of my skin. I think I'll invest in Lumene Lifting Magic Drops the next time.

I like Nars The Multiple in Copacabana. It looks pearly in the tube, but the color doesn't really show up on my skin - it just looks like really fine sparkles. I love it, as I prefer shimmery over shiny, which is what liquid highlighters tend to look on me.

Beauty flash has to be applied in a certain way, otherwise it looks just like plain moisturizer. I once had a sample and it did nothing for me until i applied it in the way that is explained on the leaflet. :wink:

elizabeth arden "let there be light" is quite nice - gives the dewy look without being shiny looking. also has SPF 15.

sofialuv said:
Beauty flash has to be applied in a certain way, otherwise it looks just like plain moisturizer. I once had a sample and it did nothing for me until i applied it in the way that is explained on the leaflet. :wink:

How should it be applied ? :flower:

Took this from the Clarins website:

For a quick pick-me up -
Morning or evening, after thoroughly cleansing and toning, apply, without massaging, a very thin layer over the entire face not forgetting the eye contour area. Follow with make-up application.
For dry or dehydrated skin, apply a moisturising base before make-up.

The part i put in bold is the most important to me, because when i first tried it i massaged and when i didn´t i got the expected results :wink:

sofialuv said:

For a quick pick-me up -
Morning or evening, after thoroughly cleansing and toning, apply, without massaging, a very thin layer over the entire face not forgetting the eye contour area. Follow with make-up application.

The part i put in bold is the most important to me, because when i first tried it i massaged and when i didn´t i got the expected results :wink:

That's what I've been doing wrong! I'll try applying it the other way to see if it really makes a difference. Wish me luck! :flower:

sofialuv said:

For a quick pick-me up -

Thanks sofialuv :flower:

anyone tried Pout's illuminator ? ive tried the love glow illuminator... it gives you this pinkish glow and the other one -after glow- gives a peachy bronzy shine

btw , about vaseline .. ive always heard that it darkens your skin when put on the face :huh: ?!?

I hope I don't sound out of my depth in this make up forum but I really need some advice with this highlighter thing. I really want that glowy skin thing and bought some Benefit High Beam which I just love. I don't wear any other make up except mascara and a bit of Bourjois blusher. Tell me, do you apply highligher before or after blusher? I usually dot some highlighter on my brow bones and high up on cheekbones.
Also, I saw the new Olay Illuminating Daily UV Fluid in Augusts UK Vogue (or as Vogue called it, the "Just-in-love look") Anyone taken a shine to it yet? Excuse the pun! :lol:

i love love love model co's luminosity - although don't go to heavy on it because it sparkles in light

Would it be bad to combine a smidgeon of Strobe Cream with Chanel Vitalumiere? Would that look sweaty instead of glowy?

I don´t know how much glow the vitalumiere gives, so i would say for you to try it :wink:

Anyway, i sometimes like to mix a bit of a glowing product with a bit of foundation for a more glowy look.
I have Clinique´s Gentle Glow and i think i wouldn´t look sweaty if i mixed it a bit with a glowing product, but i also depends on your skin type.

i loved the make up at the marc by marc jacobs show s/s 06
does anybody know who´s the artist?

Attachments

• candid2.jpg
    candid2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
  • candid3.jpg
    candid3.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7
  • candid4.jpg
    candid4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
i never had much success using clarins Beauty Flash until i started mixing it into my foundation. now i look very glowy!

evae said:
i loved the make up at the marc by marc jacobs show s/s 06
does anybody know who´s the artist?
Plz credit your pictures or they will be removed :flower:

A Fresher, Brighter Look?

Alright, so I have a slight makeup problem. Five days a week, I have to get up pretty early in the morning for my classes and such. So, I usually look a bit tired. How could I do my makeup(eye makeup especially) to look a bit...fresher, brighter, healthier,etc.? Right now, I use browns and tans for my eyes. I also wear black eyeliner and mascara. Other than that, I just have some moisturizer and very light blush on. If it helps, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and an olive skin tone. I would like to continue wearing the eyeliner and keep in mind that this is for classes, so I don't really want to go for super-bold shades. And I don't like wearing bright or dark shades on my lips, lol. And please feel free to tell me about the actual product/brand I'd need to archieve the look you're describing if you can. Sorry for being so picky and any help is appreciated!

Have you ever thought of wearing white eyeliner in the inside rim of your eyes? White is supposed to make your eyes look brighter and will help you look more "awake". I do it everyonce in a while and it's a nice change from black eyeliner (which I also really like).

Another idea is to add more blush. Not too much so you that look over done, but just a really nice natural color that will make you look like you've been outside for a little while.

Hope that helps.

For a fresher look try to go for some new shades such as lavender or a light blue. None of them is bold and both of them look great with your skin tone and hair/eye colour (same as mine).

For a blush, stay away from browns and earthy colours, they die a lot in an olive skin tone. Look for a fresh pink or peachy shade. It really looks great with olive skin tone.

As for the lips, find something rosy, either a lipstick or a pinkish lipgloss.

Just a reminder, as i read once, if you already have everything earthy in your skin tones and eye/hair colours, earthy makeup won´t shine on, so if you want fresh, try those colours i recommended you, because they will bring the freshness to your face. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->