Luminous, Dewy and Healthy Looking Makeup

Browneyes said:
but it's a jungle out there!! so much to choose between..

I agree! Sifting through this thread has left me confused, if anything. :wink: :unsure:

I am sure someone has suggested it already, laura mercier tinted moisturizer is wonderful, i use it with a little dior snow skin illuminating base , it's like magic :woot:

cloud9 said:
then to the "glowing" skin part...
i used to use laura mercier, but since im running out, ive switched to a cream eyeshadow in shimmering beige/gold by la palette (a korean brand)...
i just use the same sponge to apply it on my face.. (this time, lightly swipe first, then pat, then swipe again)

this way it really doesnt look like you have makeup on... yet your s:wink:kintone is even and your face really glows... and i think thats the whole point of "healthy looking makeup"... something that does NOT look like makeup.. (maybe-you-are-born-with-it type of makeup.. you know what i mean )

hey! where can i find the la palette stuff? :smile:

Erin said:
I agree! Sifting through this thread has left me confused, if anything. :wink: :unsure:

LOL I think that it is very hard...what works for one may not work for the other....at least that's what I tell myself when I look at the 3 skin care ranges and 7 bottles of foundation/tinted moisturiser I own,not to mention all of the shimmer sticks,strobe and strobe-like creams,bronzers....:doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm loathe to throw them away because they were very expensive,but at the same time I know I'm not going to use most of them again,especially now I've found the Dermatologica Holy Grail:lol: .

Hope you find yours soon!!

A makeup artist reccoments Armani Luminous Silk fundation it will give you a glowy finish and if you add a drop of Fluid Sheer its perfection, as for now this is my daily routine:

i first clean my face, moisturize it with a cream my doctar prescribed

half an hour later i put on Laura Mericier's foundation primer

then i put on Prescrptives Illuminating Potion, foundation primer transulscent magic.

Then 5 minutes later I mix my Prescriptives custom blend foundation with another Illuminating Potion --Deep transuclent this gives me a more sun kiss glow, its lovely, perfect for summer or a year round tannish look

after I use Prescritpives Liquid Powder and brush off the excess so it stays put.

and then some bronzer to define my strong features more

and i use Benefit's high beam to highlight my nose, cheeks and eyebrows

it gives me this sun kissed tan with a glowy deewy finish !

I want to try the Armani set, as long with the Laura Mercier Secret Finish...and Chanel Vitalumeiere OR Chanel Pro Lumiere

LOLS QuirkyCool and Esotre, surprsingily yes, it is my everday routine for gonig out, it actually looks raelly natural too! it takes me just like 5-10 minutes, excluding for waiting for 30 minutes for the moisturizer to penetrate=P

what does a foundation primer do exactly?
does Chanel, Dior have one?

^^ i have the bloom sheer colour cream(the one right below the website) in glow and i love it!! it's really subtle if you don't put too much. just work with the amounts to get a good tint of glow u're happy with :smile:

has anyone tried GLOMINERALS or JANE IREDALE makeup? theyre both mineral makeup. whats the differnce btw mineral and non mineralmakeup/.foundation?

i haven't tried those two, but i've tried afterglow cosmetics which is also mineral makeup.
mineral foundation is made of basically purely natural ingredients (grounded minerals i think) whereas the normal foundations we usually use (eg MAC, chanel,...) they all have chemicals in them. which in the long run could be pretty harmful. plus mineral foundations are alot less harsh and less likely to break you out if you have sensitive skin. :smile: HTH!

A makeup artist advised my mom today to:

1. use a cream makeup base, and mix it with a cream conceler (I know MAC has those...)..just a small ammount
2. apply it only to the areas that u dont sweat from...dont use too much, u just want a healthy glow not a cover..

I bought brush number 190 from MAC few months back, the makeup artist/SA there swore its the best brush they have, and as long as u clean and take care of it, u can use it forever...
she advised me to use it to apply foundation or powder instead of the sponges that come with them

Finally, cream blushers seem to be better than powder ones..they make u glow and stay longer since powder eventually rubs off

^Haha :D

I use a rosy red lipstick as creme blush. It works out nicely. I have a sunscreen spray, it actually makes my skin glow really well. I spray my face with it after I've put on make-up.

I know this is makeup and not skincare but I think it's a better solution to getting glowy skin then anything else. I started following the tips in the model's skin and hair care thread, the ones on the first page, and have ended up with really smooth and glowy skin. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->