Lv Price Inflation!

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by Diesel21, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Diesel21

Diesel21 New Member

I couln't believe this when I saw it....I swear I checked eluxury a month ago for the price of this luggage and it was $300.00 cheaper, It's now 1,640. Is there a reason for the tremendous price increses with LV bags?

2. SRC1806

SRC1806 New Member

I honestly have no idea....but a totally crazy (and probably wrong) guess would be that since SOO many people are buying Louis Vuitton....some people (like their best customers) are losing respect for LV (which I dont agree). And since more just, everyday people are buying LV, they wanted to up their prices, and hopefully gain some respect back.....just to let you know, I dont agree if that would be the reason (which I doubt it is).

3. onehotgrrl

onehotgrrl New Member

I don't think everyday people are buying LV in such huge numbers that other customers are being driven away. (But you might be right SRC)

Maybe if the Multicolor line was the only type of LV bag being made- then I could see that happening. But there are many different types of LV. I don't think many middle class customers are buying $1,000 luggage/bags.

:flower:

4. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

money buys respect??? :wacko:

5. dgie

dgie New Member

This was discussed in another thread, but the reason LV prices keep rising so dramatically is because the euro keeps keeps getting stronger and stronger against the dollar.

6. MurakamiPrincess

MurakamiPrincess New Member

What's wrong with everyday people buying Louis Vuitton? And who's to say who is an everyday person and who isn't? Sorry, but what you said sounded really stuck up.

Yeah, what the hell is that?

7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

true...and it's not just lv... :(

8. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

dgie - I agree 100% here.

Ditto

9. onehotgrrl

onehotgrrl New Member

What's wrong with everyday people buying Louis Vuitton? And who's to say who is an everyday person and who isn't? Sorry, but what you said sounded really stuck up.

Yeah, what the hell is that? [/b][/quote]
    The only reason I had the term 'everyday people' in that statement was in response to SRC's reply. I am in no ways stuck-up.

It was my assumption that most middle-class Americans like myself don't buy $1600 luggage- but I may be wrong.

10. faust

faust New Member

1. unfavorable USD/EUR rate
    2. inflation in general
    3. LVMH corporate greed - their stock took a major beating in 2002 (although has been steadily rising lately) and they NEED profits, LV bags is their bread and butter...