Mad Men

Currently watching this show on BBC4 and loving it. One of the most innovative shows around right now.B) Jon Hamm is pure class in the lead role even though the character isn't particularly likable he is so charismatic.
Every actor in the show could have stepped right out from that era. Elisabeth Moss is outstanding and Christina Hendricks body.:blush::blush: Although I think she is quite obviously padded out.:innocent: I am also falling in love with January Jones.:blush: But what about all the smoking:sick: Makes you wanna start coughing just watching it.:yuk:

It has smoking because it's supposed to be accurate to the time period. Obviously though, the actors aren't smoking real cigarettes.

Currently watching this show on BBC4 and loving it. One of the most innovative shows around right now.B) Jon Hamm is pure class in the lead role even though the character isn't particularly likable he is so charismatic.
Every actor in the show could have stepped right out from that era. Elisabeth Moss is outstanding and Christina Hendricks body.:blush::blush: Although I think she is quite obviously padded out.:innocent: I am also falling in love with January Jones.:blush: But what about all the smoking:sick: Makes you wanna start coughing just watching it.:yuk:
Looking at photos of Christina Hendricks off the show I'm quite sure she doesn't used any padding on the show.

I really excited about season 2. It will be airing in just a couple of months. I only wish there were more episodes in a season.

The first season finished last night on BBC4 in the UK. Thank you to those on here who recommended that I watch it. It is just about the best thing on TV. Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss and Vincent Kartheiser are wonderful. And the clothes and production design are really so perfect.

Vanity Fair June 2008

bwgreyscale

I watched the last episode too and just loved it. The attention to detail is second to none. Amazing actors all round. Really looking forward to series 2.:D:D

Anybody know if there's gonna be a 2'nd season???

That Vanity Fair thing I posted is actually to preview the second season. It says it starts (in the US) next month.

I think season 2 will air in July.

Yes! Season 2 with 13 New Episodes:clap::heart:

There's also a CD coming out on June 24th:woot:
2526649232_f5a9f9c8e1.jpg

1. Vic Damone - On the Street Where You Live
2. The Mcguire Sisters - Volare
3. David Carbonara - Lipstick
4. Bobby Vinton - P.S. I Love You
5. Rosemary Clooney - Botch-a-Me
6. Julie London - Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)
7. Gordon Jenkins - Caravan
8. Ella Fitzgerald - Manhattan
9. The Andrews Sisters - I Can Dream, Can't I?
10. Robert Maxwell - Shangri-La
11. David Carbonara - Babylon
12. David Carbonara - Mad Men Suite
13. Aceyalone & RJD2 - A Beautiful Mine

source | amc

The soundtrack looks good. It's too bad they weren't able to use every song that was featured in the show. I'll still end up buying the soundtrack. :D I can't wait for season 2 to start.

I think the cast looks great in the Vanity Fair photo. Elisabeth Moss' hair looks so much better. It would have been nice if Maggie Siff was in the photo shoot too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are everyone's favourite characters? Which characters can you identify with the most?

That's a difficult question as most of the characters are highly unlikable with no redeeming qualities:unsure: therefore the only charcters I can empathise with are Peggy and Betty. This is no way ruins anything for me, I love the show:D Jon Hamm manages to make an extremely self centred and dishonest character charismatic so there you go.B)

Love this show so much. I was able to catch up with the rest of season one this past weekend and it's just magic. I hope they don't have a sophmore slump because that would be devastating.

To answer your question Z. Girl. My favorite character is definitely Betty, but I really like Joane (the main secretary girl) too. The one I can identify with the most? Hm... I don't know. Campbell? Not that I'm a vicious person or anything, but in that sometimes no matter how hard you try or what best intention you may have, things just don't work out. And so I can relate to that. And also he seems lonely sometimes, so that too, but that's it. Also Draper in that he's all self made.

i love this show so so so much. i am dying for the second season to start

Mad Men is one of the best shows on television. I am ecstatic for the second season to begin; there's so many unanswered questions from last season.

I can't really choose a favorite character, but I can definitely pick one of my least favorites - Joan. She is so snobby, especially to poor Peggy. For some reason I really like Pete, even though he's often portrayed in an unflattering light.

Oh, and Betty by far has the best wardrobe - I'd do just about anything to get my hands on some of her dresses!

Oh man i am crazy about this show, LOVE IT, the story lines, the characthers, clothes its soo well done.

i LOVE this show! they don't air it here in argentina, but thank goodness for torrent...i have seen up to the 6th episode of the first season and already i find it to be one of the best shows on television, now and maybe ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->