Maison Martin Margiela at Pitti Immagine Uomo 69

SL01.jpg

FW_32_1.jpg

FW_24.jpg

WOW! big budget! And the clothes are quite nice. My favorite is the grey trench in #15.

Thanks for the pics

^you can't see what I typed because it's in WHITE:wink:

:heart::wub:

thanks!!!

I want the white souveniers:bounce:

wow, thanks so much for reposting this runner, excellent..
can we have credits for the article and the pics please,
either they escaped me or they are not posted :unsure:

wow, speaking of the clothes..i think they're very nice. nothing i would wear, but they strike a good balance between creative and commercial. out of all the looks posted my favourite is the t-shirt wwith a star pattern worn with white jeans and painted(?) boots.:flower: i'm not fond of the patchwork

:woot: MM :woot:

I love it. Love it. Love it.

and no, I don't think that's Martin Margiela in the pic.

See the other MM thread, I think that's him in the pic I posted..

actually it's not so interesting.....
it's really hard to find out all these white spots
that so called map sucks

rekko said:
actually it's not so interesting.....
it's really hard to find out all these white spots
that so called map sucks
:lol: Oh, that's too bad. I was under the impression that all of the white stations were concentrated in one spot - that would have been a lot more impressive. In any case I like the range of white products they chose, there's some fun things in there. Gelato...mmmm...

WOW!! Definitely the patchwork pieces are my favourites. I'll have the coat with the fur bits and a pair of those gorgeous trousers. :wub:

thanks runner! so many things to want but if there's only one piece that i need it's the white jumpsuit!

:woot:

God save Renzo Rosso! What a job this saint has done with Margiela. I wish there were more like him. I love the new italianized MM. Now if he can do the same for the womenswear he'll be back in form. Very slick but still underground. Who'd have thought that little white detail would amount to so much?

Scott said:
WOW!! Definitely the patchwork pieces are my favourites. I'll have the coat with the fur bits and a pair of those gorgeous trousers. :wub:

They are yours for a mere $2300 :doh:

I can't say I like much of this. A ton of it is rehashed (not that I mind the classic leather jacket - it's still on my collectables list), and much of it doesn't strike me like F/W (except a few chunky sweaters).

The presentation though is quirky as ever...

^2300...depending on the composition,and how the patchworking was done,I'd say that was worth the money. That's alot of work,really,considering the intricacy of doing an entire trouser of small patches...plus the construction.

bidwell,I must disagree with you. When Rosso bought MMM not only did the quality go down quite significantly,but the design aspects were also something to question. This is actually the first menswear collection that's really impressed me at all since he signed.

Scott said:
^2300...depending on the composition,and how the patchworking was done,I'd say that was worth the money. That's alot of work,really,considering the intricacy of doing an entire trouser of small patches...plus the construction.

bidwell,I must disagree with you. When Rosso bought MMM not only did the quality go down quite significantly,but the design aspects were also something to question. This is actually the first menswear collection that's really impressed me at all since he signed.

$2300 is for a pair of jeans with different patches of wool fabric sewen on. I am guessing that it's a manual process, so it probably took a long time to make - hence the pricetag.

faust said:
$2300 is for a pair of jeans with different patches of wool fabric sewen on. I am guessing that it's a manual process, so it probably took a long time to make - hence the pricetag.

Oh I don't think it'd take *that* long:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->