Maison Martin Margiela

I recently bought a pair of Margiela pants (not for me, for a girl) from Yoox but there are no numbers on the tag...
I always assumed that all his products have numbers on them, is it possible that it's fake? The quality and the fit are great though and I've never heard of Yoox selling fakes..

yup. that's one attribute they changed when rosso bought into MMM. main-line used to always be numbered as well.

I have an urgent question:

What do older Margiela tabi boots look like (bottom and inside)

Reason I'm asking is that I bought a pair off ebay, but they don't have the margiela stamp on the bottom (they still have size and made in italy) and no white insole inside. I have never ever seen any knock-offs or fakes before, so I am wondering if the reason these lack the stamp and white insole is that these are old?

Can someone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an urgent question:

What do older Margiela tabi boots look like (bottom and inside)

Reason I'm asking is that I bought a pair off ebay, but they don't have the margiela stamp on the bottom (they still have size and made in italy) and no white insole inside. I have never ever seen any knock-offs or fakes before, so I am wondering if the reason these lack the stamp and white insole is that these are old?

Can someone help me?
Don't worry, your shoes are legit. Both the numbered stamp and the white insole are actually relatively new features, whereas they've been making tabi boots for 20 years now.

On that note...
yup. that's one attribute they changed when rosso bought into MMM. main-line used to always be numbered as well.
That's actually incorrect - the blank tag is the original Margiela tag. (Keep in mind that for a long time, the women's main line was the company's only line, obviating the need for the numbering system.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, your shoes are legit. Both the numbered stamp and the white insole are actually relatively new features, whereas they've been making tabi boots for 20 years now.

Thanks! That's what I thought and was hoping it was true. I just couldn't find any info online, and my other Margiela shoes are only from the past few seasons. Thanks so much for confirming!:flower:

On another note, has anyone bought the Margiela book that just came out? Any good?

41L4FnPpH0L._SS500_.jpg

(amazon.ca)

^i have it. and it's utterly beautiful.

droog-ah yes...1997 he introduced it. as a way of categorising(if you can call it that?)not only the main-line but the introduction of the original '6' line and '22' in the same year. i had forgotten about that completely. i suppose the numeral approach became such a distinctive attribute for him one doesn't think of it any other way.

thats coming for my birthday. looking forward to "reading" it.

I received this book last weekend. I agree with Scott. It's fantastic. Very, very Margiela. It reminds me of the first issue of A magazine (which is the best issue they ever made in my opinion) curated by Margiela immediately. It shows to the readers what an amazingly creative, modern and sincere artist Margiela really is.

exactly. it's incredibly personal....a perspective i don't think anybody on the outside could ever capture and covey as quietly vivid,except he.

when i bought them i took a picture as soon as i got home haha

4kzhg4.jpg

(my shot)

awesome shades! I had no idea there was a Margiela shop here in L.A. until I passed it the other day on my way home. I must stop in someday.

exactly. it's incredibly personal....a perspective i don't think anybody on the outside could ever capture and covey as quietly vivid,except he.
I got the book and you are too right, it is delightful. I just love it so much. it is so informative and extensive, so aesthetically appealing and just a dream for any Margiela lover. :blush: :heart:

those shades are GREAT!

does someone know how the lace-less trainers size? there are no half sizes and i am a true 38.5 ?

thanks!

pitumpah, those glasses are out of this world !!!
you have amazing taste ,that is such an excellent choice !!

What do you guys think about these? I have never bought Margiela before how is the sizing? Im normally an 8.5 American. Also any idea what season they are from?
Picture3-1.png

yoox

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->