When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

I had more makeup products when I was 12 than I do now! But that was mostly because I loved to play with it at home: on my own and with friends, we weren't allowed to wear any makeup in school.. not even candy flavoured lipbalm :lol:

I first started to wear make up when I was about 12 or 13. Then it was only mascara and lipgloss.. I started wearing blush and foundation when I was about 16...

I first started when I wentin High School (14-15) wearing just eyeliner and mascara.
Than I started wearing foundation,blush,lipstick at 16-17.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i was about 12 i was obsessed with this iridescent shimmery powder that i always used as eyeshadow or on my cheeks :sick: and always wore lipgloss.
I started wearing foundation/mascara/blush when i was 15.

White eyeshadow :smile:lol:smile: when I was about 12..foundation etc when I was about 16!!

I started wearing make up when I was 11. I started secondary school and it was girls only, suddenly we were all obsessed with looking good. Looking back though, we looked rubbish.

hmm my mom did not want me in makeup too early so i think started wearing it when i was 15. and boy did i not put it on right. i cant remember if my mom even tried to teach me how to put it on..i would mess up my lipstick..i would not reapply it the right way after a meal lol oh god..it would smear a bit. and dont make me start on the eyeshadow mistakes!! i wish i figured out about concealer then !!

i learned by magazines..books and sadly it took til youtube to figure out more things.

I started to wear make-up when I began my college studies, at the age of 19. Before that I wasn't really interested in painting my face. Now three years later I'm such a make-up junkie :D I don't wear it every day, though, sometimes I like to go without.

15, if I can remember correctly. The farthest I'd get to anything makeup related was lip balm and gloss, otherwise I was never really fond of any of it. I'm still a little bit close minded to makeup though - still never wear eyeliner, unless it's for something particularly special :blush:

I started wearing concealer when i was 11 because i got terrible acne.. and i wore those lipglosses you get free with teen mags lol.
Then when i was 14 i started wearing mascara.. then soon after that i started wearing eyeliner.

Around when I was 12 or 13 I began experimenting, hitting a horrible face from 13-15 where I went way too wild and then did the opposite for years to make up for it. I actually gave a presentation to my mom about why I should be allowed to wear makeup. I remember it being a huge deal to me.

I was 16 when I wore makeup first time. I had had this fight with one of my friends and I wanted to look better than her next time I saw her:lol:. I still don't wear makeup on daily basics, only in special occasions. I just never can make it look the way I want it to look, so I just can't be bothered.
I try to think that strangers don't have time to care how I look, friends know me good enough to know how bad I can look and myself don't care how I look.:lol:

i started using concealer when i was around 13 or 14 because i had (and still have) huuge dark circles under my eyes. when i was 15 i started to wear mascara...

i started using makeup in the past year, actually. i'm 19, and i'd never really caught on to the whole makeup business. i was a tomboy, so i didn't play in mummy's makeup or her closet. i can't even put it on properly myself! ..i'm learning, though, slowly but surely.

I never wear makeup, I'm 22. I just can't get into it. If I started I'd probably wear a very natural, light look.

I wear mascara and eyeliner since I was 14 or 15, and that's all of makeup I use

i started wearing make-up when i was about 13, the odd bit of eyeliner and concealer, though it wasn't until i was about 14 i properly started having a daily make-up routine. i think this whole thread really raises the issue of whether we should have been this young believing make-up was a necessity - i'm not sure i want to know how young girls are now starting out with make-up considering how quickly society is developing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->