Marc by Marc Jacobs FW 2003

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by trean, Feb 13, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. trean

trean New Member

I thought this collection had a lot of different sources of inspiration.
    There were trucker-chic jackets,a bit of Grease-lightning,
    tromp l'oeil sweaters and cute artschool silhouettes for the boys and girls.
    Again,easy clothing that look like it was just grabbed out of the closet... :wub:

2. xopher215

xopher215 New Member

Sometimes it felt a bit rehashed, but overall I liked this collection, the women's much better than the men's. Some of the mini-coats, like the last one in trean's plate, are just completely adorable. :eek:

3. trean

trean New Member

More pictures

4. trean

trean New Member

Yeah I agree Xopher a weak men's collection,but the women's again is very cute!

5. pfwoot

pfwoot New Member

This stuff is cute, but somehow doesn't say "designer" to me. Seems like stuff you could pick up and put together for much less, I'm sure, than he'll be charging. I do like a lot of the styles. Very "indie" which I personally really like, but again, can be put together yourself.

6. littlered

littlered New Member

I totally agree with you. Nothing really stood out in my mind as being from a top designer. I could pick up a lot of this stuff out of my own closet or a local vintage shop.

7. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

i agree w/ everyone else about the vintage appeal, but ive always felt that way about the marc line. honestly every season, watching his show is like watching my closet on a runway. [ i wear mostly vintage ] even down to the quirky little details. all the looks remind me of loner girls in school.
    a lot of trendy girls who buy the marc line are the ones[not all] who missed out on the whole grunge-sonic youth movement, which marc reminds me of.
    [he was actually in a sonic youth video ages ago!!]

i really loved the jackets though! the undersized leather jacket :wub:
    i also liked the checkerboard looks [ retro punk---also with luella :? ]
    i think marc always has a whimsical, quirky collection which i always think is cute :wub: 8)

8. utopia

utopia ingenue

I've always adored marc by marc jacobs, but...this collection just didn't do anything for me. so sad, because I always anticipate his collections. I don't like the colours, and the prints just left me cold. :| granted, there are a couple of cute things here and there, and at least it's better than his fw 03/04 marc jacobs collection... :cry: