Marc By Marc Jacobs S/S 04 New York

Spacemiu

Reaction score
Very 70's high school glam/grunge thrift store army inflenced styles

Very good

men's wear gets a particular A+

:doh: :yuk: :shock:

this is just awful.

it looks like a teenage roller derby from the 70's meets a rave. i don't like it at all.

haha this appears to be a love/hate collection. Personally I liked it. It wasn't that "fresh" per se but I loved the color and the boots!

MJ has a distinctly US style, doesn't he? Not that that's a bad thing in itself, I just don't see him selling a lot in Europe. He's not a very international designer like some of the others, is he?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by tott@Sep 17th, 2003 - 5:47 pm
MJ has a distinctly US style, doesn't he? Not that that's a bad thing in itself, I just don't see him selling a lot in Europe. He's not a very international designer like some of the others, is he?

Thoughts?
I'm not sure how the line does overseas, but I could see it being popular in the UK and in Japan. But, yes, I'm not sure if it does/would do well in continental Europe.

But I'm no expert on these things. :wink:

Originally posted by HBoogie+Sep 17th, 2003 - 4:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Sep 17th, 2003 - 4:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tott@Sep 17th, 2003 - 5:47 pm

Thoughts?
I'm not sure how the line does overseas, but I could see it being popular in the UK and in Japan. But, yes, I'm not sure if it does/would do well in continental Europe.

But I'm no expert on these things. :wink: [/b][/quote]
its sells very well in japan :flower:

Looks like a mocked Bernhard Willhelm collection,to me.

I am very critical of Marc and his copyright infringement collections. Even a t'shirt I heard about with the slogan, "Mild and Non-Lethal Trash" in this collection.

looks more 80s than 70s to me :blink:
you know that 80s streetwear, colourful and bright

I loved 5 or so looks. I see 50 fashion disasters. I LOVED tuesdays MJ show. I will now deconstruct/re-title the looks posted above. There are 57 total looks in this show:

WHAT is with the Wrestling/ lace up rainbow boots??? unearthed from Bay City Rollers 1973 tour trunk

as seen above: #2: elise in kelly green jumpsuit/hot pants. wrestling boots Big NO NO.
#3 jessica in the 18 year olds Romper Room play clothes
#4 valerie, stripey jeans, bay city roller boots, lavendar coat, yellow bag & ringer vintage tee?? YEESH!!! individual item are cool but TOGETHER?
This show is an Explosion on a Crayon factory!!
#6: zuzana's adam ant mental ward drag for halloween
#7 isabeli's grown up baby playclothes
#8 jack whites red cowboy shirt & black stovepipes
#9 purple military shirt & pink juicy sweats???
#10 axl rose been working on the railroad
#11 kelly green mod dress leftover from fall with epaulettes added. YOU like???
#12 erin's grunge girl forgot her ripped old jeans!!
#14 THE FIRST GOOD LOOK SO FAR: puke green dress w/ red long sleeves.
#15 "STEADY" basketball shiny shirt escaped from Rocawear show
#16 royal blue & orange again like the fall show....YOU LIKE THIS???
#17 radiohead fanatic
#18 BEST LOOK IN SHOW!!! rainbow turquoize dress, the pink sox & sleeves are fun: BEST IN SHOW!!!
#19 sara's GREY PONCHO?? Gizzus a break!!!
#20 This show is called 'getting dressed in the dark!!!'
#21: THE THIRD GREAT LOOK IN SHOW: yellow, SKIRT, purple sweater, blue shirt & jacket: THESE ARE THE FEW ITEMS THAT CAN SURVIVE the melange.
#22 DITTO DARIA IN FOURTH GREAT LOOK IN SHOW.
#23 Yeesh. Julia plays basketball in the rain.
#24 Grateful Deadhead, nuff said.
#25 green dress escaped from tuesdays marc jacobs show. doesnt belong here except color.
#26. nice blues. OK look.
#27. anouck's evil twin. I hoped her twin dressed better though!!! :(((
#28. college radio DJ
#29 flashback to marc's 1993 perry ellis disaster.
#30 ?? disco pants & rodeo shirt?????????

where are the 27 remaining looks?? I have MORE material ready!!!!!

4 or 5 great looks/ combos.
some interesting individual pieces.
generally an insane drug fuelled mish mash. incl flashbacks to some of marcs WORST moments ever, from 93 ellis grunge to 2003 mod nightmare.

an explosion in a crayon factory
getting dressed in the dark
the strokes army
college radio station yardsale jumble

I thank you

ps I LOVED MARC JACOBS collection's tuesday show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Scott@Sep 17th, 2003 - 6:40 pm
Looks like a mocked Bernhard Willhelm collection,to me.

I am very critical of Marc and his copyright infringement collections. Even a t'shirt I heard about with the slogan, "Mild and Non-Lethal Trash" in this collection.
I see the willhelm refrence, but i doutn think he directly copyed him.

but I cnat belive that he would so directly copy W&LT, tahts just evil :shock:

I don't like it. Marc has really disappointed me this season. I'm really tired of the Marc line, especially. I know he's found a great formula and that it sells incredibly well, but it just gets really boring after awhile. It's like the same exact idea but in different colors and materials for the corresponding season.

New York has been a huge disappointment. But nothing's new there. I can't wait for Prada, Vuitton, Dries, Junya, and Hermes.

I personally liked some pieces in this collection (red shirt - 1st line, 2nd post) but it seems like he is ripping off kids who got $ because these pieces could be gotten at so much cheaper prices at thirft-vintage stores. I just wish it was a little more grown up, that could have made the difference. B)

More pics, I was suppose to post yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->