Marc Jacobs S/S 2012 New York

I thought that this collection looked like a thrifty factory worker that rummages through second hand shops. Some of it looked like homemade clothing that was constructed from raggedy old clothes, fabrics, trash, and leftovers from the factory she works in. It had a real poor meets crafty vibe to it. Some of the bags looked kind of homemade as well.

I hnoestly don't know what to make of this collection. Many looks are frumpy and look poorly made (but I guess that was the intention) and then you see pailettes and glamorous 60's and then depressing 50's and then jazz 20's. It all kind of looks messy, but I'm sure that when I start seeing these pieces in magazines styled differently I'll like them more. The only thing I loved was the presentation and the scenography. Whoever did that gets an A+.

Yeah, Marc really phoned it in on this collection. So uninteresting for me personally. The only part I liked was the sheer gingham dresses and the play on sheers toward the end.

And the accessories?! Truly atrocious. Sorry but I don't have a burning need for half clear cowboy boots and a bag that looks like a hobo bag produced by Coach in 1999.

Eww the shoe boot things are just hideous. And the bags WTF. This is not good.
Marc Jacobs is accessories you can count on. Well not this time.
I am liking a some of the jackets and the dresses are quite cute. The colour palette is pretty.

Obvious Prada influence. It's quite a meh collection, however... Usually what we see at Marc Jacobs is an indication of what Louis Vuitton is going to be like. Oh dear.

this is easily my least fav collection by Marc Jacobs , but i really love the bags

Guess I'd be the only one to love it, but after watching the show for 6-th time already I'm just head over heels with this.

100% of Marc's signature look and in fact I love this kind of a slight messiness in the styling and putting the pieces together. Plus the music makes the show even more fascinating, love it so, so much.

:heart:

fantastic clothes, paired with dull and un-appealing bags - normally it's the other way round...

I complete agree with everyone about the Prada reference, but nevertheless I loved it as a whole. While the clothes aren't new or exciting, they all blended very well into the theme he thought of doing.
The show on the other side with all of its elements was in-sane. I watched the live stream at 2.30am (Macedonian time) in the dark with my earphones on and it all felt overly emotional. The set, the lighting, the incredibly artistic soundtrack. I was almost moved to tears by the presentation, and that is what I truly adore about Marc. He's a showman.
PS. The models staring at the end gave me chills. It was so good.

Marc Jacobs Spring Summer 2012 Collection
Source : fashionwirepress.tumblr.com
(shots in bigger !^_^)

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

more... :smile:

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

more...2 shots.

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

tumblr_lrlf6veOtW1qkafrq

The only think on this runway in my opinion was the Music and those fantastic Shoes, I NEED those cowboy boots in my life.
It just seemed like scattered references to past seasons.....Done and Done better

Sooo last season's Prada but I think many people have noticed this. As for the rest- the skirts and shoes were just ugly. Not my taste.

I think the general consensus rings true for me as well, I just don't "get it". I mean really, what is going on here?!?

the bags with the reinforced corners look like bowling ball carriers.

the cankle shoes...no comment.

I actually do like the dresses, though. but the problem is, as already mentioned, Prada already did this.

this is marc jacobs at his best...
as a stylist!...

taking bits and pieces of lots of great stuff that he loves and mashing it all together into something that is his own...
he should do MORE of this!!!...

you just know that every stylist in the world is currently salivating over this...
it's so editorial it hurts...
:P

and the make up and hair is just sooooo soooo good...
:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->