Marc Jacobs & Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2007

I also like that first coat, it reminds me a bit of that massive grey cape/coat from Balenciaga's fall collection, only far more practical.

Still, from what I see I liked last years cruise collection much more.

where the hell does this kind of creativity go to, when it comes to the runway collections?! i mean, this is really good, and last year's marc jacobs cruise was incredible..and this stuff doesn't rely on styling too much either, imo..the coats and dresses are very strong by themselves. :heart:

Best cruise collection so far. A big thumbs up!

Pastry said:
where the hell does this kind of creativity go to, when it comes to the runway collections?! i mean, this is really good, and last year's marc jacobs cruise was incredible..and this stuff doesn't rely on styling too much either, imo..the coats and dresses are very strong by themselves. :heart:

I remember reading an interview where he said he uses a significantly different process for resort. That he's working from a limited palette, limited fabrics, and not thinking at all about the show because there won't be one.

I was more impressed with last year's after seeing it in person, and have really enjoyed my blouse from the collection. I've gotten many compliments on it, from fashion and non-fashion types both. What I love about it (among other things) is it's unlike anything I'm going to see on anyone else. Hard to compare this without seeing the whole thing ... but this harks back to the "old" Marc Jacobs that we haven't seen in awhile.

pretty cute...nothing earth shattering...but not bad...

albertli1984 said:
Where can I find men's parts ?

in their pants!!:lol: :lol:

(sorry i just couldn't help myself- i know, so childish)

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who thinks Marc Jacobs is the most overrated designer?

The guy has been making the same dress over and over again. At least even Tom Ford "tried" to do some different designs. And his magazine campaign "oh so cool for school" shoots are also the same and the same lame that was so 90's. I guess being an Anna Wintour pet has its advantages. and cozying up with a hip young director ( rhymes with acapella) doesn't hurt. Speak up, people.

fashionista-ta said:
Oh, some cute things! I particularly like that first coat. Thanks for posting, Lena.

Yes, thank you !
I like that whole outfit (that is what I can see of the dress..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->