Marc Jacobs & Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2007

the accessories are a joke..... trompe l'oeil "quilted leather pushlock bag" print on canvas for those who can't afford the real thing....

00024.jpg
00027.jpg

00030.jpg

.... and the 'shopping bag' bag....very moschino....

00032.jpg

all photos firstview.com

i really like this collection, but not so much the bags... ehh

I like this collection... and the bags! I'm not a big fan of Marc Jacobs but this is nice.

edit... I really do like that first bag though.. did he say it was for people who cant afford the real thing or..?

Last edited by a moderator:
firstview.com it says marc jacobs, so im guessing its mj and not marc x mj

00001.L.JPG
00004.L.JPG

00008.L.JPG
00012.L.JPG
hate the shoes
00015.L.JPG
00018.L.JPG
:heart:
00020.L.JPG
00024.L.JPG

00033.L.JPG
[/IMG]
00037.L.JPG
00039.L.JPG

adorable colection! plus, cute Jessica Pauletto in the first page! :P

more, same source
00043.L.JPG
00046.L.JPG

00049.L.JPG
00052.L.JPG

accessories
00001.L.JPG

00003.L.JPG

00004.L.JPG

00007.L.JPG

00011.L.JPG

00013.L.JPG

00016.L.JPG

00018.L.JPG

00019.L.JPG

00020.L.JPG

pandinha said:
eeek to the shoes!

Definitely!! :ninja: :sick:

but the more of it i'm seeing, (clothes) the more of it I'm liking
-this Grungy look (which he started in fall) seems better, when done in this light springtime kind of way

and usually I don't like Marc Jacobs

I really like the Bangle bracelets

The shoes are a little weird to me, too.
I did like the stam bag, but it is a little on the big side.

brian said:
the accessories are a joke..... trompe l'oeil "quilted leather pushlock bag" print on canvas for those who can't afford the real thing....
It is clever, tongue-in-cheek "fun" when you can afford the real thing...but a patronizing reminder of your pitiful aspirations-out-of-poverty if you cannot. Will China knock these off, I wonder? I want a tromp l'oeil knock-off Marc Jacobs bag...made of beef jerky!

bringbacksupers said:
The guy has been making the same dress over and over again. At least even Tom Ford "tried" to do some different designs. And his magazine campaign "oh so cool for school" shoots are also the same and the same lame that was so 90's. I guess being an Anna Wintour pet has its advantages. and cozying up with a hip young director ( rhymes with acapella) doesn't hurt. Speak up, people.
Yes, I am the target audience for the original grunge. We codged it together from the Salvation Army & Goodwill shops then, I remember. As for speaking up: just putting the names Tom Ford, Anna Wintour, Marc Jacobs, and Ms. Acapella together sends my envious prole-meter to boiling! We are coming for your cake, fashion royalty! We will eat it! All of it! Leaving no crumbs left for you! Sofia, the winery, it is ours! We are stomping on your decadent grapes! Tom, the ranch in Santa Fe will be your re-education center! And Anna, what fate we in store for you! Let's just say it involves some electrodes and a mink farm in Saskatchewan!

i love the two looks with the deconstucted tank tops and black pants..
the two floral take the 90's quite literally:lol:..but i find them charming!

and i really really like the flat shoes, i wish they had men's shoes (that i could afford) like that.

i like the marc more than the marc jacob one
marc jacob is too girly for my liking

i love the last outfit from marc

edit:
i love the pics on this page <3
if those are the marc jacob resort...i think both marc jacob's resort are my favorite out of all the other resorts i seen

the shoes are a bit so-so but from the bags i like the chain one posted above (btw, Brian, are those pics posted -page 3- Marc Jacobs or Marc By MJ?)

Marc Jacobs struck a feminine tone for resort, but without going supersweet. Certain looks, in fact, had a boy-meets-girl-meets-vintage feel. Pretty floral prints, inspired by Maarten Vanden Abeele's "Pina Bausch," a book about the German choreographer, abounded on light-as-air layered dresses, while other frocks were pieced together with patches of slips from the Forties and Sixties. Jacobs counterbalanced it all with punk details — D-rings, zippers, straps, studs — on everything from skinny pants to leather shoes.

here some more from Marc Jacobs main line, reconfirming the continuation of the layering 'code' even though sometimes it looks plain random (second pics..) :D

061206_1p.jpg
:heart:

061206_2p.jpg
:unsure:

061206_3p.jpg

review & pics credited to wwd.com

(i really love the model in those pics..)

I like the model and the looks as well, even if they both remind me being a teenager with my sloppy thrift-shop finds. Translated to a 33 year old, the looks you posted, Lena, especially the 2nd one, say "baglady".

Question to New Yorkers: is the downtown fashion vibe with the younger-sters look anything like what we're seeing from Marc, here, i.e. layered thrift-store finds paired with odd flat shoes and studded leather?

What an odd street style to make high-end. I dressed this way out of manic poverty...15 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->